MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Power Supply SQUEAAALLLING.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Power Supply SQUEAAALLLING.
Eli
Hello friends,
So...Im about to go on a tour doing visuals for Neon Indian with some of my LZX in hand, as well as some prepared footage. Very excited. Recently fellow wiggler Johnny Woods did the same at Coachella. Looked incredible...

Anyways,
I just put the modules in a new case im borrowing to take on the road and as soon as I turn on the power supply it produces a high and very loud frequency that is damn near unbearable.

SO, naturally im a bit concerned. The modules are functioning correctly from what i can tell. You can hear the frequency modulating with my modulation source.

Whats going on here?
It still produces the frequency with no modules in the case, but a lower one.

Should I be worried?

hmmm.....
nickciontea
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/newsgroups/viewtopic.php?t=36433

Found this in my train ride to work sling with a lot of others that are similar.
lizlarsen
I would definitely contact the manufacturer of your case about this immediately, and let them know the problem or possibly ask for a replacement.
nickciontea
Eli wrote:

I just put the modules in a new case im borrowing

sad banana Dead Banana hopefully that doesn't complicate any service. or returns
daverj
What kind and size is the power supply in the case? And what's the total current draw of all the modules you are using?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1