MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MULTIMIX ISSUE 5
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author MULTIMIX ISSUE 5
mumblinstevedubya
Greetings all!

ordered wrong capacitor type for C7
can I use 2.2uF instead of 1uF and if so what difference will this make if any?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Synthbuilder
Well C7 sets the time constant for the LED level monitoring. To use 2.2uF will slightly slow the response down, ie. it will take marginally longer to detect an overload.

But it's not a critical part by any means so I should think 2.2uF will work just fine.

Tony
mumblinstevedubya
Thanks Tony,

That saves another minimum order charge. oops

I am sure I can live with the slight time difference in overload detection.

Steve
mumblinstevedubya
Finished the multimix, powered up and no magic smoke.
The problem is I am getting no signal out of any of the mix outputs

I am however getting a mixed output out of the first 3 inputs out of input 4!

I had wired pots up for stooge but these seem to make no difference to the signals at all.

LEDs are also constantly on.
very frustrating
Any help would be great.

Thanks

Steve
Synthbuilder
mumblinstevedubya wrote:
I am however getting a mixed output out of the first 3 inputs out of input 4!

Have you checked the wiring to the socket board? It could be that one or both of the headers have been wired up wrong. Maybe back to front?

The other more ghastly thought is that the sockets and headers have been fitted on the opposite sides to what they should be. You shouldn't be able to see the white legending on the side of the socket PCB that faces to the rear of the module.

Tony
mumblinstevedubya
I thought the same thing but I have checked wiring which is all okay (pin1 to pin1?)
socket board is wired up correctly with header on side with no legending.

Thanks Steve
Synthbuilder
OK the next thing to check if you haven't done so is to check that the power supply is reaching the desired parts.

Pin 4 of each IC should be -15V. Pin 8 should be +15V. The voltage should be measured with respect to ground. The + lead on C17 is a handy spot to put your black lead of your meter.

Check too that the ground or 0V supply is reaching everything. This is not so easy to check it seems. But the best way is perhaps to keep the red lead of your meter on the +15V (the right hand end of L1 is handy) and check that the ground is 0V at various points in the circuit.

Look on the schematic and you'll see that certain pins are connected to ground. That's the upside T shaped thing on the circuit diagram.

Check pin 3 on U1 for example. That should show 15V between pin 3 and pin 8. If it doesn't check the grounding connections to the module.

Tony
mumblinstevedubya
Hi Tony, tried a different power lead and all is well.

Nice sounding mixer but the stooges are going to take a bit of getting used to.

Thanks for your support

Steve
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1