Gone Guitar Crazy

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Gone Guitar Crazy

Post by REwire » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Picked all these up in the last three weeks. I'm going Metal again after many years of synth madness. Much has been sold to fund these:

Jackson King V and Gibson Robot SG (self auto tunes)

Ibanez RB770

PRS Custom 24 10 Top

I sold my EMS Synthi VCS3 to help get this one.

My girl and I are doing a Death Metal album but I'm still getting new modules for an eventual return to electronic music. I'm a big fan of Opeth, Mastodon and Lamb of God now and practicing my cookie monster voice.

D

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:43 pm

that's awesome, and I *love* that PRS...

but why on earth do you need SO MANY guitars to make your death metal album?

not taking a shot - belive me, I ADORE guitars, just curious....

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:50 pm

btw, this thread probably should be moved to the 'Guitars, Amps and FX' subforum :bananaguitar:

mind if I move it?

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Muff Wiggler wrote:that's awesome, and I *love* that PRS...

I dunno why I need one of every type but I was like that with synths too. Don't all pro guitar players have a room full of guitars? Plus, my girl plays guitar and sings too and she wanted the Ibanez and V. She wants a PRS of her own too now. I tune mine down to D so we have conflict at times about retuning for her stuff.

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Muff Wiggler wrote:btw, this thread probably should be moved to the 'Guitars, Amps and FX' subforum :bananaguitar:

mind if I move it?
Didn't know there was one. cool!

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:55 pm

REwire wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:that's awesome, and I *love* that PRS...

I dunno why I need one of every type but I was like that with synths too. Don't all pro guitar players have a room full of guitars? Plus, my girl plays guitar and sings too and she wanted the Ibanez and V. She wants a PRS of her own too now. I tune mine down to D so we have conflict at times about retuning for her stuff.

Well, I can't say I'm not sympathetic. I have 4 guitars with another on long-wait custom order, and could easily use more...and when you start to use alternate tunings, yeah.

Would really like a PRS one day :love:

cool shit, thanks for posting these. not enough guitar love around these parts :bananaguitar:

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:56 pm

REwire wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:btw, this thread probably should be moved to the 'Guitars, Amps and FX' subforum :bananaguitar:

mind if I move it?
Didn't know there was one. cool!

well there ya go....moved!

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I've had a Custom 22 Ten Top for almost 10 years now and I love it.

I know some people have a "thing" with PRS's (either love them or hate them), but I found it was just the perfect guitar for me; an ideal blend between aspects of Fender's and Gibsons.

I like the balance of the Strat, but I don't like how they sound.
I love the sound of the SG, but the balance is all weird; weight is all in the neck.
The Les Paul is just too heavy for me to move around with. And I've never seen someone do the ol' Yngwie Malmsteen guitar toss with a LP...but the PRS flings around like butta.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

cerebrosis
digital sympathizer

Post by cerebrosis » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:34 pm

yep, the sg i had was really light overall for mahogany but it was slightly neck heavy. wonderful sounding and very comfortable though.

the parker fly was the ideal guitar for me, wish i would have kept that one.

rewire: hows that robot sg?

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Now you need to get the hair
[video][/video]

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:40 pm

cerebrosis wrote: hows that robot sg?
I love the tuning mechanism; works like a charm. This is my first SG so I didn't know what to expect. It's really a heavy ballsy guitar. Not a fast neck but lets me play real hard. I'm a Sabbath fan and can hear some of that sound.

My guitar collection now includes:

'72 Strat - My all time fav. Slinkiest maple neck and best biting lead sound. Big power chords ain't happening though I had it wired to play PU's 1 and 3 together on a switch.
'73 Les Paul 3 PU Custom - Heavy but solid and a super hot beefy sound. Can play fast leads on this.
VG Strat - The modeled sounds are cool but no comparison to the real things. Best for weird industrial stuff.
Jackson King V - Hot output and great distorted Megadeth type sound. Very fast lead neck. Hard to dig into though.
Ibanez RB770 - this is for my girlfriend. She took to it in the store. It feels real nice but doesn't sound that good to my ears.
PRS Custom 24 - I love this the most for it's feel and beauty. Everything sounds better on this guitar. I didn't think it was possible to have a guitar feel as expensive as it was. It's so transparent, you hear every note in chords. I can see why Opeth likes them.

This is probably it for guitars. I'm not obsessed with vintage like I was with synths. I have all the basic types of guitars used for metal.

D

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”