MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MU FPD templates?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author MU FPD templates?
Flux Jetson
Been digging around all over the Oakley site for an MU FPD panel to use as a blank. Need both 1sp and 2sp. Anything is fine, from any panel project. I'm obviously not looking in the right places, I'm new to FPD.

Any help?

Thanks Dumflux.
Flux Jetson
How about just a panel from an existing kit? I can easily reconfigure it to remove all of the drill-holes and graphics to give me a "dotcom" basic blank template.

I've already done that to obtain the 5U templates I needed (both 1u and 2u). So if I can scare up a 1sp and a 2sp "dot com" panel in FPD format I'm good to go.

It's peanut butter jelly time!

Thanks ...
russma
If you are looking for a blank MU panel, you can get one from Roger's site (synthesizers.com).

If you are looking for a blank MU FPD file, the "modularsynthpanels" Yahoo forum is a pretty good place to start.
Flux Jetson
russma wrote:
If you are looking for a blank MU panel, you can get one from Roger's site (synthesizers.com).
.. um, no. Looking for Front Panel Designer files here in the Oakley support forum ... so as to be able to create some blank template files as starting points to create panels within FPD for some of their projects. Bridechamber is a bit unorganized in some respects ... some things are much better put together in there than others. They offer some kits, but the support info seems to be nonexistant or very difficult to locate. Some kits have FPD files attached to them for making/ordering FPD panels and still others have ZIP-NADA (I was hoping to be able to find a couple of MU panel files to create my own blank template files out of .. but can't find a single MU panel file in there!). Suppose I'm just not as familiar with their website as I need to be. It's be great if they had the front panel files all gathered up like they do the pcbs. Like I say, it's pretty hit and miss on a lot of the kits/projects they offer .. maybe things will get better as their site progresses! smile

I am aware that actual blank aluminum panels are available from Roger at Synthesizers dot com, I already own two 1sp, and three 2sp. But thanks for the reminder.

russma wrote:
If you are looking for a blank MU FPD file, the "modularsynthpanels" Yahoo forum is a pretty good place to start.
Now you're getting it. Thanks for the suggestion ... I didn't know there was a Yahoo group dedicated to this discipline. Appreciate the info.

Oh, and will I have to join yet another forum to locate this stuff in there? Ugh .. seems like I'm already subscribed to half the planet! Haahaah!!!

Oh well, it is what it is .... neveremind I'll just take a look! smile

Thanks again for the help. Always very much appreciated. applause
Synthbuilder
I don't have any FPD files that I've done myself for the MU format. Oakley 5U is designed with the narrower MOTM format in mind. As such the MU's wider panels are perhaps not utilised as much as they could be.

Attached to this post is a FPD file that someone sent me. I haven't checked it but I did see some photos of the finished item and they did look very nice. He sent the blank dotcom panel to Scheaffer and they engraved it for him. It wasn't cheap though with all those tick marks. There is a way to make those marks into one HPGL file which you can then import onto the panel. This will make the whole panel cheaper.

Tony
Flux Jetson
Synthbuilder wrote:
I don't have any FPD files that I've done myself for the MU format. Oakley 5U is designed with the narrower MOTM format in mind. As such the MU's wider panels are perhaps not utilised as much as they could be.

Attached to this post is a FPD file that someone sent me. I haven't checked it but I did see some photos of the finished item and they did look very nice. He sent the blank dotcom panel to Scheaffer and they engraved it for him. It wasn't cheap though with all those tick marks. There is a way to make those marks into one HPGL file which you can then import onto the panel. This will make the whole panel cheaper.

Tony
Thanks tons!!!! I already downloaded it, tested/opened it up in FPD it, wiped it totally clean (except for the mounting holes, which are important to get right) and added it to my database of blank FPD templates!

SOOPER BANANA THANKS HUGELY EXO-LENT-O!! nanners

So that's the MU 1sp knocked out ... one down, one to go. Just need an MU 2sp now and I'm set!!!

Yea, I know about the width differences. I already have a nice set of 5U panel blank templates made up (1.75"). I just need a couple/few MU panel templates (2.125"). The MU panels aren't just wider, the mounting holes are spaced differently as well. So I needed a few MU module panels to create the blank templates to make sure I had things ~spot-on~.

Also gotta scare up some FPD 3U module panels collected for the same purposes as well. The search continues!

Thanks again for the help, I surely appreciate it. Having "blank starter templates" makes life-n-livin' so much easier.

Getting my little "FLUX JET" modules in the beginning stages of creation. Hoping to have something to show for all of this by the end of this summer! I chickened out on using FLUX JETSON ... don't want Hanna Barbera (or Adult Swim) gettin' all up in my grill about copyrighted names or whatever. I mean, "The Jetons" is theirs (granted) and I couldn't find any characters named "Flux Jetson" .. but y'never know about them companies and their lawyers! They might just come and step all over little old me.

If I had my druthers I'd stick with the whole thing (FLUX JETSON). Even thought of "FLUX JETSYN" ... haa! Neat name for SYNth modules! smile We'll see how things flow out in the months ahead....

Thanks again for the FPD file ..... Right on, mang!
Flux Jetson
Woops .... sorry about all the "screwball humor" ... I promised everyone I'd quit doing that ...

very frustrating
drip.feed
Flux Jetson wrote:
I chickened out on using FLUX JETSON ... don't want Hanna Barbera (or Adult Swim) gettin' all up in my grill about copyrighted names or whatever.

You should do it on purpose just so you can rename your product FUX JETSON. Rockin' Banana!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1