MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dear Hertz Donut
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Dear Hertz Donut
science
While we're talking about things costing too much, the teaspoon is a perfect example of something being way overpriced. Cool little box, but not for $400 or whatever they fetch in those auctions.
Hi5
science wrote:
While we're talking about things costing too much, the teaspoon is a perfect example of something being way overpriced. Cool little box, but not for $400 or whatever they fetch in those auctions.


well, the teaspoon and some other items like it tend to cater to a somewhat less educated audience that may think it is a lot more than it really is. a $100 more and you could get a sefari and a beauty case that is quite a bit more capable! for that kind of dough at least give it some esoteric interface so the kids have something to look at.
science
i herd it maeks u sond liek afax twins
Exuviae
koura wrote:
science wrote:
While we're talking about things costing too much, the teaspoon is a perfect example of something being way overpriced. Cool little box, but not for $400 or whatever they fetch in those auctions.


well, the teaspoon and some other items like it tend to cater to a somewhat less educated audience


Harsh. I love my teaspoonCAS easily as much as anything in my modular rig.

I guess that makes me "less educated"...wonder what it takes to become more "highly intelligent" around here?

Besides, Teaspoon prices, which people seem to "conveniently forget" have been dictated by the goddamed buyers...not by TSP.

Awsum. Fun.
Exuviae
koura wrote:
science wrote:
While we're talking about things costing too much, the teaspoon is a perfect example of something being way overpriced. Cool little box, but not for $400 or whatever they fetch in those auctions.

a $100 more and you could get a sefari and a beauty case that is quite a bit more capable!


I had a Sefari and a Wogglebug, in a Doepfer minicase and after spending equal time with both, chose to sell the Sefari and Woggle and kept the CAS.

Different strokes for less educated folks...
otto_tsr
well, i bought a teaspoon for quite a lot of money. i know i trimmed the price a lot myself on it. i had the money and i wanted it. no regrets at all. then again, the set price in the store is 375dollars now, which i think is just about right... great machine.

the sefari is also a great piece of machinery. would not compare them too much though. the serfari take things a different way once you start to put cv into the sampling frequency, great results really quick.
the teaspoon might be a little more fiddling with the cv. but when it is right. it is just right grin


i tend to use them both at the same time, hehe.
governor blacksnake
Exuviae wrote:
The last two bits of info I need to justify the purchase are:

Can the modulation section be turned "off" on the Primary Osc so that both sections could be used completely independently? Or is the modulation Osc always hard-wired to the primary?

What is the current draw of the module?

The price is high, but I may still try and cough it up.



1. It can be disabled, and work as two independent 1v/oct things (the primary has the cool waveform control though)

2. 120mA max
Mr White
wtf $425 hit me really hard.....
johnnymad
Mr White wrote:
wtf $425 hit me really hard.....


i know. all of these cool modules, and i have no money. d'oh!
blungo2
Yes, i so want to pre-order, but $425 has to wait until i pay my plastic off next week...

Oh the agony, arggghhh. very frustrating
REwire
Mine cost $487 due to 9.75% local tax + shipping (even though I could pick it up, but lazy). eek!

I have only room for one extra osc and it was this or the Anti-Osc. Fortunately, the last demo of that pushed me onto the Hertz D. Scott showed me the Hertz Donut back at 2008 NAMM and it's been a long time coming!
felix
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
chocolatyshatner
REwire wrote:

I have only room for one extra osc and it was this or the Anti-Osc. Fortunately, the last demo of that pushed me onto the Hertz D . . .

d'oh! me and my modular newb skillz! Sorry Malekko!!

I'm lusting hard for a Donut Drunken Homer Simpson . . . .mmmmmm . . .
I'll need another case first, tho...
felix
holy balls - anyone notice this new addition to the product page on theharvestman.org?

Dual digital oscillator with internal modulation bus. Voltage-controlled waveform discontinuity, internal pitch tracking with several lag settings. Dedicated square wave outputs, and a multi-purpose gate/XOR ringmod output.

The key there being the very recent addition of XOR ringmod functionality!







MY ASS IS BLEEDING
governor blacksnake
felix wrote:
holy balls - anyone notice this new addition to the product page on theharvestman.org?

Dual digital oscillator with internal modulation bus. Voltage-controlled waveform discontinuity, internal pitch tracking with several lag settings. Dedicated square wave outputs, and a multi-purpose gate/XOR ringmod output.

The key there being the very recent addition of XOR ringmod functionality!


Yeah, it does that out of the center output (only 0-5V though) if you're not in one of the dumb tracking modes.
Mr White
I definitely hate you all to push me that hard....

so tempted with this preorder, I have to bust customs another time... fuuuuuck. very frustrating
felix
governor blacksnake wrote:
felix wrote:
holy balls - anyone notice this new addition to the product page on theharvestman.org?

Dual digital oscillator with internal modulation bus. Voltage-controlled waveform discontinuity, internal pitch tracking with several lag settings. Dedicated square wave outputs, and a multi-purpose gate/XOR ringmod output.

The key there being the very recent addition of XOR ringmod functionality!


Yeah, it does that out of the center output (only 0-5V though) if you're not in one of the dumb tracking modes.

Awesome! That means I have yet another fun clock source! Speaking of which, does the gate signal go high while the main oscillator is still slewing (while it's tracking dumb), or does it go high once it's "settled in"?
authorless
dear credit card. i hope that didn't hurt too much. don't worry, i will pay that off when i get paid next week. yes, i know... yes, i could have waited until after i had gotten paid to buy it but what if they had sold out of them? then what would i do? oh, you think you are so much better than me? well look at you, all plastic and stationary. you sit there complacent, like some apathetic sloth, you do nothing with your time. me? i have a desire to for auditory artistic expression. ooh, good one. so what if it sounds like "atonal wank" you are just jealous because no one has ever said "hey sean, i really like your credit card." you have never understood me. i bet you never even liked me.
sandyb
lol
blungo2
authorless wrote:
dear credit card. i hope that didn't hurt too much. don't worry, i will pay that off when i get paid next week. yes, i know... yes, i could have waited until after i had gotten paid to buy it but what if they had sold out of them? then what would i do? oh, you think you are so much better than me? well look at you, all plastic and stationary. you sit there complacent, like some apathetic sloth, you do nothing with your time. me? i have a desire to for auditory artistic expression. ooh, good one. so what if it sounds like "atonal wank" you are just jealous because no one has ever said "hey sean, i really like your credit card." you have never understood me. i bet you never even liked me.



That's the coolest thing i've ever read! nanners
wh5terabb5t
authorless
Quote:
you think you are so much better than me? well look at you,

sad banana




hihi
blungo2
Ack! Couldn't resist, had to pre-order before i got left donutless.
jonkull
I still can't decide between this and the Anti-Osc...or both...

REwire wrote:
Mine cost $487 due to 9.75% local tax + shipping (even though I could pick it up, but lazy). eek!


Don't you hate being local to the only US distributors of modular gear? That 9.75% makes me second guess the 'necessity' of all my purchases (and has even stopped a few).
blungo2
jonkull wrote:
I still can't decide between this and the Anti-Osc...or both...

REwire wrote:
Mine cost $487 due to 9.75% local tax + shipping (even though I could pick it up, but lazy). eek!


Don't you hate being local to the only US distributors of modular gear? That 9.75% makes me second guess the 'necessity' of all my purchases (and has even stopped a few).


The anti looks very interesting as well but i've wanted the hertz since i first heard about.
I have to say though, if i had to pay an additional almost 10% on everything my lust for most modules would be somewhat diminished.
science
I'd be looking for alternate ways to go about buying modules if the main dealer was in Chicago (11.5% sales tax last I checked - I try to avoid buying things from my own city as much as possible). Sucks that you guys in California get hit with that tax if you want a 200e system as well. Time to have out of state friends start "buying" these things for you.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 4 of 9
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group