MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ring mod ear. active mix ear.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author ring mod ear. active mix ear.
vmgas
didnt know to put this here or in diy
but i want to make a 3 to 1 or 2 to 1 mixer for cv attenuating and mixing as an ear
any advice?
also i want to do a ring mod ear
i havent done any building from scratch before aside from making multiples so any advice would be cool in terms of pcb or breadboard etc
nikmis
I built 2 CGS DC mixers as a 3 to 3 mixer/multiple in my rack ears.
http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs04_mix.html

I couldn't make room for that many pots though, so only one of the inputs has an attenuator. One side is just a straight attenuator, the other side is a attenuator/inverter.
Cat-A-Tonic
I put one of Blacet's little 3-channel mixers in a Frac ear.
It was a bitch of an operation with the method I used.

It is handy when you need an extra attenuverter too.

CGS has some mixer PCBs worth considering for this purpose too.
vmgas
maybe ill buy the paia active mix and convert that to an ear
nikmis
I really have to recommend the CGS dc mixer over the PAIA, if you are going to fit it in the rack ear. For $5 you get a 1" x 1.8" pcb, and all you need is less than $5 worth of parts. Or, it's such a simple circuit that perf-board is always an option. Plus you can easily wire up the pots as attenuator/inverters in various configurations. 3 in 1 out w/ 3 attenuverters, or 3 in 3 out with one master attenuator or whatever. The only advantage to the PAIA is that it is only one purchase and you don't have to source your own power connecters
fracmonkey
Somebody should design a little PCB with several possible functions for the ears.

You could call the "Stick It In your Ear" module! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners applause
vmgas
fracmonkey wrote:
Somebody should design a little PCB with several possible functions for the ears.

that'd be wonderful. and i think ill go for the cgs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1