MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

voltage interface question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author voltage interface question
jjr
hello
for using the voltage interface 1 with line level signals - do the signals need to be amplified?

Like if I plug a tape player into the voltage interface vs. a guitar > amp> voltage interface ?

thanks
jjr
jjr
I was also wondering if you could use it with the
addac .wav player - here is what I heard back about the audio out on that module

Hello,
the .wav player features a line level out (pre VCA) and an amplified out (post VCA).
hope this helps!

all the very best
andre
nickciontea
you can definitely use the addac.

VI is meant for taking audio modules and scaling to lzx.

outside sources.. (non modular) might need some amplification.. all my external sources run through a preamp before hitting the VI. in this scenario the VI (even if not needed) provides extra scaling and precision
lizlarsen
I usually don't run line-level audio thru the voltage interface at all -- it is typically close enough to 1V levels to be perfectly useful as-is! I just use an adapter cable and patch it right in where I need it. An exception is when you'd specifically want the voltage interface's rectification features to get a purely unipolar signal.

A much more useful thing to do with audio as it enters the system is to run it thru an envelope follower of some kind (A-119, MATHS, etc.)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1