MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TFORM-new film
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author TFORM-new film
Matos

https://vimeo.com/42845548
So I've been working on oodles of new stuff. Some have been taking alot longer than I expected, but I suppose I should have expected that. This was the the first out the oven. A piece about transformation, reproduction, mutation and decay. Done with my lzx eurorack rig, toon boom studio, resolume, and painstakingly cobbled together in final cut x. This venture into video has been a beautifully frustrating experience. I've learned too much in the past six months. Dead Banana
lizlarsen
Absolutely incredible work Matos. Wow!
fletch
Yeah man, this is awesome. Very otherworldly. The sound is fantastic too.
transistor logic
very nice !
Cat-A-Tonic
Thoroughly awesome.

I'm full of envy for achieving this kind of aesthetic.
tobias
Damn! thats really really cool! I know zero about video synthesis, but that had a really awesome claymation feel at times! Bravo sir! applause
Matos
creatorlars
Thanks brother! Couldn't have done it without your hard work making video synthesis available to the world. I'm working hard so I can someday earn a team video satin jacket.

fletch
Yeah! I was going for a alien ethereal life form reproducing, mutating , and finally traversing the wasteland of space to find a mate. Sadly, no modular on this one, as I had a hell of a time Figuring out syncing with bomb and frame rates. Audio is so much easier to work with.
Cat-A-Tonic
I love this aesthetic. I'm really trying to hone in and polish this look, pull everything I can out of it. Rutts is kind of what made me get started, besides Johnny's enabling.
tobias
Sometimes it's like primordial stew of bubbling clay.
revmutt
Really nice. Inspired, inspiring and the soundtrack was right on the money with the images. Go NYC LZX crew!
daverj
That was cool. Parts of it made me think of a hurricane taking place on a micro scale, viewed with an electron microscope
mojopin
daverj wrote:
That was cool. Parts of it made me think of a hurricane taking place on a micro scale, viewed with an electron microscope

yes! it has a creepy blackhole feeling at times. i like how it looks 3d but flat - like looking through a microscope.

i don't understand how this was made but:

could this be sharper looking? that would really intensify the emotional impact.

you have to have the grid and green right?

great work!
johnnywoods
KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
w00t
Matos
mojopin wrote:
daverj wrote:

yes! it has a creepy blackhole feeling at times. i like how it looks 3d but flat - like looking through a microscope.

i don't understand how this was made but:

could this be sharper looking? that would really intensify the emotional impact.

you have to have the grid and green right?

great work!

I'm feeding the output into an oscilloscope and refilming it to get this look. Since your essentially filming an electron beam striking a luminescent film, it has a tendency to have a soft glow to it. You can do rutt style stuff digitally( the title was digitally done from a drawing, manipulated, then refilmed to match.) Sometime I wish it was crisper, but it's also part of the magic of the medium. But quartz has a fun rutt-Ezra patch that can be lots of fun. I love the look of electron microscopes. I originally planned to go into genetics, but became distracted by skating, art, and beautiful women.
Arturo00
Hey Matos that was awesome! It was so textured. The first half had this stop-motion, almost claymation feel to it.

Very good work. Keep 'em coming thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1