MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TM3030 giving just clicking noise as output
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author TM3030 giving just clicking noise as output
manvsmachine
Hello,

I have finished my TM3030 issue 2 pcb.

The midi part seems to be working. The led's respond to midi input.

All the voltages are checked. The 5V3 is correctly adjusted. The midi to CV part looks like its working. I can measure a voltage difference when pressing a key on the output of this circuit.

I have to note that i have used a 2N3904 instead of a BC212L.

I have used BC550C for Q36 and Q37.

For U7 and U13 i have used a LM358

This is what the output looks like. I als can measure this signal on the 5V3 pin (GND Pin of probe not connected, With the ground pin connected i measure just a straight line which is 5V3).

If i send midi by using my midibox sequencer i can here a clicking pattern which has the same tempo as the sequence. But that is everything i can hear.

Anybody a good idea to help me?
manvsmachine
I have already found 2 mistakes:

The BC212L cannot be replaced by the 2N3904 since the 2N3904 is an NPN transistor and the BC212L an PNP transistor. So i have to order the BC212L from ebay i guess because i cannot get them locally.

The other mistake was that i swapped out the CA3080 for an LM358 by mistake.

I guess the correct transistor is needed over there to get the thing up and running like mentioned in another topic?
manvsmachine
I have put in a BC212L.

The oscillator circuit seems to be working. When i connect one pin of the switch directly to a mixer it is producing a raw waveform which responds to pitch, the tune pot and the frequency pot are also working.

But there is still no sound on the output. Any suggestions what to measure?
manvsmachine
manvsmachine wrote:
I have put in a BC212L.

The oscillator circuit seems to be working. When i connect one pin of the switch directly to a mixer it is producing a raw waveform which responds to pitch, the tune pot and the frequency pot are also working.

But there is still no sound on the output. Any suggestions what to measure?

Problem solved. The CA3080 opamp was dead. replaced it and the TM3030 is running fine using a Midibox Sequencer V4L
manvsmachine
A simple youtube test video with the TM3030 driven by a Midibox Sequencer V4L
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1