MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New module for June: Dual-LFO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author New module for June: Dual-LFO
Synthbuilder

This is quite simply two slightly enhanced Little-LFOs put onto a single PCB using my new smaller pot spacing. It'll also utilise the Sock6 socket board for easier building as well as simpler connections to the LEDs and switches.

I have added a Schmitt trigger circuit on the sync input so it will respond to any signal rising above 2.5V rather than requiring the gate or pulse input the Little-LFO currently requires.

This is its homepage:

http://www.oakleysound.com/d-lfo.htm

The page will be updated as soon as boards come in which should be around the middle of June.

There are no plans at the moment to discontinue the Little-LFO PCB although I am aware that this new board may steal some of the little guy's thunder.

Tony
emdot_ambient
Wow, simple, useful and small thumbs up
thebot
Was just thinking I needed some more LFOs. Timely!
whitewulfe
That... is damn sexy!
krisp14u
Very nice
Is the Dual little EG is next ?
Synthbuilder
krisp14u wrote:
Is the Dual little EG is next ?

Ah...

To be honest since using the voltage controlled cores of the VRG and current ADSR/VCA I've been turned totally off any EG design that uses a variable resistor as part of the timing circuit. That is, any design that routes the charging and discharging currents directly through the front panel pots.

The problem is that when the pot is used in this way you are totally dependant on the log conformity of the pot. And Alpha (or Vishay or BI TT) pots do not have the correct resolution at the lower parts of their rotation for allowing small changes in the attack or decay times. If you swap out a Minimoog's original mil spec'd attack pot with a new pot from any of the usual pot makes then you just don't get the same feel or level of control at fast attacks or decay times. They just don't make them like that any more.

Only by using linear pots and electronically non linearising the actions can you get a really good control. Which is what the VRG and ADSR/VCA modules do.

Using the VRG core in a new dual Little-EG would require four such cores and that would be a big and expensive project to build. I can make a PCB if there is a demand though. Or we could do it with the log pots like before which would be easy enough but, you know, after using the VRG...

Tony
Paradigm X
Which classic vintage Japanese synthesizer are we thinking about, out of interest?

Looks good tho. Will pick one up soon. I really need to get my psu built before i buy any more pcbs tho. d'oh!

Cheers
Synthbuilder
Paradigm X wrote:
Which classic vintage Japanese synthesizer are we thinking about, out of interest?

EM ESS twenty. thumbs up

Tony
Paradigm X
8_)

Cheers
Synthbuilder
PCBs now in and tested. It's peanut butter jelly time!

Feel free to order now and make me smile. 8_)

www.oakleysound.com/d-lfo.htm

The User Manual and Builder's Guide are up on site.

I will update both the documentation and webpage with some nice photos as soon as my shiny new panel arrives from Schaeffer on Friday.

Tony
sonicwarrior
Synthbuilder wrote:
using my new smaller pot spacing.

I really like that and think I'll need several Oakley PCBs when I have finished my 5U backlog (including one of the last OMS-820 PCBs).

DIY G.A.S. here it comes again. This is fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1