MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Open Frameworks learning curve?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Open Frameworks learning curve?
Ciciliani
I'm thinking about learning Open Frameworks but I'm somewhat afraid of the amount of work this entails. I've done some work with Processing but I couldn't really get to like it and became especially frustrated about it's clumsiness when it comes to play movie files.

Can anybody report on how steep the learning curve of Open Frameworks is? I have no experience with C or C++ but I'm a decent SuperCollider Programmer.
johnnywoods
It is designed for people who already know C++, so you will find the learning curve substantially steeper than with Processing. Processing is designed for people who have never programmed anything before. OF is designed for programmers with C++ skills already to make the visual/video side of things easier. There are tricks to getting smooth video in Processing. It certainly doesn't like quicktime movies, but I've gotten good performance by loading image sequences. You get better direct control over playback as well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1