MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rutt Etra Meets Kinect
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Rutt Etra Meets Kinect
i.m.klif
hihi

numan7
nanners cool!

cheers
daverj
Interesting. The edges of objects seem to have more accentuated depth than I would have expected. But I guess that's good for triggering video games.
i.m.klif
it may have to do with my implementation.... i feel there is much more work to be done here.

this was just a quick sketch.
Veqtor
interesting, I think better results could be made by putting out the depth map and doing it via lzx modules, because of the higher framerate etc.

Also, consider using openframeworks with PCL library to segment and filter the point cloud data to reduce the noisy edges etc

Man, I would love a video-rate module that creates normal-maps from depth maps (you could make your own) and also some module that would allow you to rotate depth maps and also light geometry.
i.m.klif
of course it would look beter through LZX smile
i plan to buy a video modular, but i can't justify the cost right now.

however, this setup, while short in terms of resolution (not framerate, i can run in very high framerates, but at the cost of resolution and precision), allows me to run 2 to 3 scopes from ordinary 8 out soundcard. i also believe there are some looks that are unique to this kind of setup.

i will have to deal with the edges in jitter as i use maxmsp. and i don't deal with point cloud as such, i use depth map. but as i said, i think it has to do with how i hacked it. i believe it will be better in few days. and in the end, i have to say i really like how all these mistakes look. i can always get the nice polished look using kinect with one of the many available software solutions.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1