MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Triggerhappy - rhythm generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Triggerhappy - rhythm generator
scriptstyle
ok so the pullup resistor solved the internal clocking issue,

I tried to swap in:
#define OUT_PORT PORTB //pins PB0-PB5 as outputs

and i get LEDs attached to (d-f) PB0-PB2 to work, i tried all different combos calling out pins 28 and 29 too but nothing seems to get them going. I am probably missing something simple i feel so close.
scriptstyle
I got it working thanks guys just changed the pinout for the outputs and i am good to go
spotta
Has anyone got a FPD design for this in Euro they fancy sharing? I may take advantage of the discount they are offering at the moment.
If if it just includes the panel mounted components that would be good, I reckon I could probably add the jacks myself, although with no design talent that program does do my 'ead in at times very frustrating
mxmxmx
spotta wrote:
Has anyone got a FPD design for this in Euro they fancy sharing? I may take advantage of the discount they are offering at the moment.
If if it just includes the panel mounted components that would be good, I reckon I could probably add the jacks myself, although with no design talent that program does do my 'ead in at times :bang:

i would, but i can't find the fpd file. guess i must have trashed it.
anyways, i simply had used the 4U fpd one a few pages back, moved the jacks and resized to 128.4mm. the jacks are no big deal, they can go anywhere.
scriptstyle
if it brings the price down i would be interested in one? seriously, i just don't get it
spotta
I ended up doing similar and copying the 4U one onto one of Fonik's FPD designs to make sure I got the screw slots correct.
Hopefully I'll finish it tonight.

Where abouts are you in the world scriptstyle? Depending on that it might make more sense to order it directly.
scriptstyle
yeah probably wouldn't make sense to ship to the states.
spotta
scriptstyle wrote:
yeah probably wouldn't make sense to ship to the states.

I'll attach it when done thumbs up
spotta

DISCLAIMER.
I never professed to being a designer - first ever front panel!
Started with a Fonik .fpd from his great site to make sure the mounting slots were correct,
All board mounted parts are copied from the 4U panel earlier in this thread so should be correct.
Everything has only been checked by my MK1 eyeball, I THINK there will be enough room for jacks beside the board - Hopefully someone who's actually made a panel before can check wink. I put the jacks on the left hand side to share the LED legend and keep the panel to 12hp.
I also know there's a thread about either here or e-m about tricks to keep your panel cheap. I haven't found this yet!
The current cost with Raw alu and no infill is €25.73+Vat

removed attachment as after checking, pcb protrudes from side ;(
diablojoy
damn topic replies very frustrating
jacks will fit in 2 HP so 12 HP all up will work ok i think
however i am no expert at euro sizes
I do use FPD to draw up panels but make my own
hmm clock through is not properly supported on board so either passive multiple from the input ( not really recommended ) or add a buffer for it .
mxmxmx
spotta wrote:
[img]

removed attachment as after checking, pcb protrudes from side

yeah, w/ 12HP you have to watch out a little bit. i was a bit too generous with the clocks/LEDs, so i did end up with the pcb protruding a few millimeters on the right. it's not so bad, but only certain modules will fit next to it. if i did it again, i'd probably place the LEDs somewhere closer to the jacks/in the space between them.

spotta
That's as good as my one's getting!

hope it helps someone thumbs up
spotta
mxmxmx wrote:
yeah, w/ 12HP you have to watch out a little bit. i was a bit too generous with the clocks/LEDs, so i did end up with the pcb protruding a few millimeters on the right. it's not so bad, but only certain modules will fit next to it. if i did it again, i'd probably place the LEDs somewhere closer to the jacks/in the space between them.

Would you have a part number or source for the tactile switches you used there, not a big fan of the green ones in the BOM.
mxmxmx
spotta wrote:

Would you have a part number or source for the tactile switches you used there, not a big fan of the green ones in the BOM.

it's the same switch ("D6"), only in black:

http://www.ck-components.com/d6/key-switch,10464,en.html

the ones you'll get at the usual places are called D6R90F1LFS, i think.

as an aside -- i got mine at the local conrad store, or these ones here but they're not particularly nice to push (very little travel and a bit flimsy). what i don't get is they do look exactly like the ones you'd find on certain makenoise modules or the ones used in the toppobrillo quantimator (which are fine). so either the conrad ones are cheap imitations, or the MN etc not using C+K.
mxmxmx
ps:

just occurs to me i recently got a whole bunch from here:

http://www.tme.eu/en/details/d6r-b/microswitches-tact-pcb/ck-component s/d6r-90-f1-lfs/

cheaper and seem to be C+K. i haven't used them yet, so can't tell whether they're any better. (i have more than i need but i guess sending them from germany to the UK won't be much cheaper?)
spotta
I'm surprised Mouser only stock the green tbh. I know my Mouser skills are not 100% but I searched pretty thoroughly.
TME would want €8 to ship me two, so if you could possibly put two in a jiffy bag and post for less than that, I would say thank you very much and paypal you some funds.
thumbs up
dfiction
i'm sorry i'm so late to this thread; there's a lot to read. i downloaded the code and i'm grooving with some LEDs on my breadboard at home. but are there still PCBs for sale?
Electronic Battle
I've just come across it too - I'd also like a PCB. Failing that, is there a de facto latest gerber and NC drill file anywhere? I can get ten boards made via iteadstudio if so (Eurorack format).

Although I'm an electronics engineer and the analogue aspects/construction represent no particular trouble, the Arduino/Atmega/AVR aspects are quite daunting seeing as I have zero recent code/uP experience. I do have a recently-acquired "Arduino Duemilanove" which I presume I can use as a kind of dev board to program the onboard Atmega328P, and then lever it out for deployment in the "triggerhappy"?

I'm looking to use the Arduino approach in a modular and this is exactly what I was hoping to do - but with code which is about a hundred times more complex than I can deal with!
puzo
love this project, i'm up for whats produced SlayerBadger!
c1t1zen
Cool project, I'd be in for a DIY pcb + panel.
All these Arduino builds are starting to create it's own eurorack ecosystem.
euromorcego
that looks great! want! DIY pcb + panel!

There are two many pages to read, unfortunately. Is there any chance that the pcb show up in europe to grab one? Looks like a very nice little project.
logicgate
In which page is the latest code to download???
mxmxmx
logicgate wrote:
In which page is the latest code to download???

any luck? i think this project is somewhat disbanded. on mine i'm using code based off of the version diablojoy posted on "Sat May 25, 2013 8:25 am".

... i'm having much fun with oleds atm so i'm wondering whether i shouldn't repurpose my DAC board for clocks. i'd just have to ditch the DAC and reroute a few things here and there. would make it a little pricier but improve the userfriendlyness i think:

edit, well here we go:

there were two spare op amps, so i also brought out the DAC/A14.
puzo
thats looks great, that looks like something is moving ahead?
mxmxmx
puzo wrote:
that looks like something is moving ahead?

well, yes and no. if you're after the triggerhappy module, that you can build already. the code and cam files have been posted somewhere further up the thread.

the thing right above is, or will be, something else, it just occurred to me it wouldn't be much extra work to slightly repurpose a board i did recently. it'll do clocks and have a display, but i don't know yet how similar or dissimilar it's going to turn out, probably not that similar as i'm not into stored patterns and such, and porting the code would be mainly a pita. i really liked the logic stuff though. it'll take a teensy 3.x, so that'll make it more expensive to build, ditto for the oled. it'll also be somewhat wider (14HP vs 10-12HP). on the bright side, there'll be a couple of improvements:

- clock inputs are interrupts, reset clock added.
- nicer push buttons
- 4 bipolar CV inputs added, assignable.
- more convenient to reprogram; also easy to turn it into an usb-midi device (say)
- reduced menu depth (i hope) or at least things should be easier to keep track of
- one optional DAC output that could be used to reflect the outputs, ie some binary sequencer type thing.
- laid out for eurorack

well, i guess i'll report once i got the pcbs and built one up.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 15 of 17