MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TM3030 - C9
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author TM3030 - C9
Shuriken
Currently working on my TM3030 v2. I thought i had every component....but forgot about the 1% 10nf Cap (C9) very frustrating .

As Farnell is not my usual supplier, it's a bit hard to get for me. However i do seem to have some 10nf Styroflex Caps which are 2,5%.

Could this work?
Barcode
No sure where you are located, but Smallbear has them in stock.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1232
Shuriken
Thanks, but i already have those in my personal stash. hihi

The builders guide says to use a superbly specified 10nF LCR type EXFS/HR

I was wondering if those Polystyrene Caps would also work? Or better yet work well enough..
Synthbuilder
Shuriken wrote:
I was wondering if those Polystyrene Caps would also work? Or better yet work well enough..

The original 303 used a polyester. Any polystyrene will have better stability than a polyester. It won't sound any different but will stay in tune for longer.

So you can use any polystyrene that will fit on the PCB. I just laid the board out for the LCRs because they were a good device, the right price and, for the most part, available.

Just remember that all polystyrene capacitors are easily overheated, so be be careful when you are soldering it in.

Tony
Shuriken
Ok, thanks for your quick answer and clarification.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1