MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your Wiard!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Post pics of your Wiard!
numan7
So let's see your Wiard! thumbs up

I just have teensy little eurorack/1200-series setup here that's spread around multiple cabinets at the moment (waiting for my first 300 series to arrive, at which point i anticipate things beginning to come somewhat more together... and will post a better pic at that point):

thesnow
Kool, numan7! Which 300 module did you get first? I'm awaiting my 300 Woggle Bug today! The tracking shows its already in my city for delivery! But I still have to wait for the PSU to ship confused
revmutt
@thesnow I started out with a wogglebug and didn't even plan on building a system.

Here is an old picture of the 300 alone (without the 2 rows of 1200 and 1 row of Malekko)

numan7

thumbs up please post a pic once you're set up, thesnow!

i almost started with Woggle Bug!Woggle Bug (but have two of them in eurorack format at the moment, and figured i could get by using those for the time being).

cheers
numan7
woah that's a really nice case, revmutt! i don't recall seeing any pics of it before.

cheers
thesnow
revmutt wrote:
@thesnow I started out with a wogglebug and didn't even plan on building a system.

Here is an old picture of the 300 alone (without the 2 rows of 1200 and 1 row of Malekko)

That is a beautiful system and case! love

That is what I plan on accumulating, a 12-module system if I'm lucky and 300 Series stock doesn't run out. But that joystick module is just perfect the way you have it set up! Really nice! thumbs up

numan7 wrote:

i almost started with Woggle Bug!Woggle Bug (but have two of them in eurorack format at the moment, and figured i could get by using those for the time being).

cheers

Nice! I want a Borgs so bad but I'm ordering a new Waveform City to go along with my Woggle Bug. Then a Borgs. Then a CVCO... then a Dual Mixolator... Then a Dual Envelator... AHHHH! Guinness ftw!

I will definitely post some pictures. Maybe when I get my Woggle Bug, or maybe wait til I have at least two modules nice and powered. thumbs up
slow_riot
numan7 wrote:

cheers

No offense to Tony but the 300 Wogglebug is a different species to the Make Noise version.

Tony's version has it's charms for sure but for me it's a very different module to the 300 version, especially within the context of a full 300 system.
revmutt
There is one major change in my system, the upper Woggle is now a early WFC.

The woggle is with a third envelator that I am keeping aside and have gone back and forth as to whether I will add a third tier or not. It's such a tough call because it can do so much but then again... Maybe it can do more?

The Wiard is one synth that doesn't need to be massive because it's so comprehensive. On the other hand, one could go with adage, "go big or go home"
rico loverde
heres a shot from a week or two ago. since then I've gotten the 300 series wogglebug. i have the sequantizer and an omni filter coming. also a new case that will house the euro and 300 series.

revmutt
Here is the little guys in the Wiard game.

numan7
we're not worthy i can't wait to see your system in the new case, rico! is it going to be ready by next month's synthmeet, btw? hyper

--

woah are the top and second row of the "little guys" frame from different generations of 1200-series, revmutt?

those panels on top are stunning! we're not worthy

cheers
revmutt
numan7 wrote:

woah are the top and second row of the "little guys" frame from different generations of 1200-series, revmutt?

cheers

Yeah. I've always liked that mixed shades in the Wiards. It makes it feel much more like a traditional instrument.

Someone remind me the URL for the groovy white patch cables. I thought I book marked it but didn't.
rico loverde
numan7 wrote:
we're not worthy i can't wait to see your system in the new case, rico! is it going to be ready by next month's synthmeet, btw? hyper

--

cheers
yes it should be ready for the meet. i will have 7 300 series by then. no omni...til later in the summer
rico loverde
@revmutt, those custom wiard end cheeks are awesome!!!! will you post a clearer pic of them?
Ekofisk

Waiting for my new case, and the last two modules and all will be well...
rico loverde
who's making your case ekofish?
Ekofisk
Ross (Microscopial) is building me a case to house both my 300 and some frac and euro. It's going to be 2 columns of 18U each, so pretty massive.

And for those interested, the 300:

2xClassic VCO, Envelator, 2xWaveform City, 2xMixolator, Borgs, Sequantizer and Wogglebug.

Still waiting for a second envelator, and I hope to add an Omni in the not too distant future.
Muff Wiggler
:cry:
Babaluma
why cry mike? don't tell me you got rid of yours?
Ekofisk
Are you crying over the Milton, by any chance?
Muff Wiggler
No I still have it, I just don't know if I'll ever get to show it or even put it all together
Ekofisk
Muff Wiggler wrote:
No I still have it, I just don't know if I'll ever get to show it or even put it all together

How so?
pas
Babaluma wrote:
why cry mike? don't tell me you got rid of yours?

Yeah I was wondering the same, if I remember correctly mike's wiard system was breathtakingly divine though I'm way more jealous of that bugbrand system.
Muff Wiggler
I'm just getting burned out , I've been trying to get this system together for almost five years now (over four and a half....) and am still waiting on the last couple of things to get sorted. I just need to keep being patient but it's starting to get hard after all this time.
rico loverde
Muff Wiggler wrote:
I'm just getting burned out , I've been trying to get this system together for almost five years now (over four and a half....) and am still waiting on the last couple of things to get sorted. I just need to keep being patient but it's starting to get hard after all this time.
your just waiting on a case right? i can't wait too see your system mike. i think it will be well worth the wait.
Muff Wiggler
Oh it will. :sb:
pas
Hmmm, muff you must've quoted someone's pic of a wiard system at some point anyway can't wait to see it
dogoftears
Muff Wiggler wrote:

based on the pics ive seen of what you DO have, i'm gonna classify this as a 1st world problem thumbs up

can't wait to hear it shriek one day...
Muff Wiggler

Muff Wiggler
Augmented by this:

IMG_1411cp by Muff Wiggler, on Flickr

... And an Evenfall MiniModular

pas
goddamn, we're not worthy
rico loverde
holy beejesus!!! every time i see those pics Mike i get all warm and tingly.
Bricks
omfuckingnom
numan7
we're not worthy beautiful subsystems, muff -- i can't wait to see them all in one assembly!

woah and i don't think seen your 1200 modules before - will the rack-ears eventually have the breakout/toggle switches installed (or are they already there, but just really really small confused )?

cheers
Muff Wiggler
Yeah, the new ears and toggle switches are all installed, those are just old pics...

numan7
woah an 6u high opening has appeared in the fabric of my euroracks...

cheers
slow_riot
glad you got it safely... looking good!!!
slow_riot
here's mine:

slow_riot
the final gap in the 300 frame will be filled with another sequantizer. the blacet vco will be replaced with a noisering (which currently needs repair).

The 1U gap will be filled by a custom 1U panel made by Hinton Instruments with Precision Amplifier for microphone, and with dual 4 into 1 mixers going into balanced line drivers as a mixer and output stage.

Hinton Instruments supplies the power to both cases, something which makes a big difference to the sound of the system.
numan7
w00t some new birds flew in:

smile mmmm so nice Lotsa LoveWiard !

hmmm..... don't think i'm quite done yet, though... for example, i'd still like to convert each of the noisering/anti pairs into proper 300-series layouts, as well as maybe add some blacet miniwaves (or richter megawaves) in another 3U row beneath the 311C.

cheers

but this
themanthatwasused
numan7
Looking more and more like a complete instrument!
thumbs up
thesnow
wow, that is gorgeous. respect!

numan7 wrote:
w00t some new birds flew in:

smile mmmm so nice Lotsa LoveWiard !

hmmm..... don't think i'm quite done yet, though... for example, i'd still like to convert each of the noisering/anti pairs into proper 300-series layouts, as well as maybe add some blacet miniwaves (or richter megawaves) in another 3U row beneath the 311C.

cheers

but this
beyourdog
Allez, showtime..
[/img]
chamomileshark
Her's mine. Never get a nice pic because it's in a dark corner so I need to use flash. Mostly unpatched at the moment, off to the left is the Frac modular with a blue Noise ring, Boogie and Borg 2 filter.

The 300 system is

2 x Sequantizer
2 x Classic VCO
2 x Waveform City
2 x Envelators
1 Omni Filter
1 Borg filter
1 Wogglebug
1 Mixolator
New Controller

One day I'd like to get a nice case for it but it won't be soon.

[/img]
drumsofd00m
Very nice systems, everyone. @chamomileshark, it's a bit of a (luxury) problem to find the perfect housing for larger than sixpack 300 systems... the panel layout suggests a completely horizontal arrangement, like Muff's, while the joystick controller calls for a standard rack, preferably a light one from SKB or Gator due to the weight and depth of the modules; then again, these aren't available beyond 12U, and ergonomy is better with slanted positioning.

I've been told that Grundorf plan to make their stuff available in Europe this year, and I hope to check this one out:
http://www.grundorf.com/index.php?type=CASE&menu=C&application=SL&appt ype=9&model=SLB-14C
14U, slim, slanted, and looks like you can opt for a drawer in the bottom for patch cords, patch sheets etc.
davidh
nice systems Guinness ftw!

mine is very humble for now, even no eletricity, but one patch cable hihi

but wait, i will come back before this summer

eef
Go here:
http://www.wiard.com/modular/300series/

to see pictures of my 300 series modules (not the new controller).

No, I am not being flip, I was told that mine were photographed for the web page before they shipped them out.

Immortality!

drumsofd00m
Welcome back, so to say! cookie?!?

Alas Rico, what did you do. ...?!? seriously, i just don't get it
causticlogic
drumsofd00m wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
Of course I should talk. I sold my 12 module system a while ago...
But as of this week it sounds like I'm buying a portion of it back! This is fun! w00t
beyourdog
causticlogic wrote:
drumsofd00m wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
Of course I should talk. I sold my 12 module system a while ago...
But as of this week it sounds like I'm buying a portion of it back! This is fun! w00t

Interesting, you missed it so much?
causticlogic
Well, partly that and the guy I sold it to is selling it. He was originally going to keep some it, but a few weeks later decided to part with all of it.
I can only afford 3 modules at the moment so I am starting with a Waveform City, Omni Filter, and Dual Envelator. I'm also getting the Hinton PSU he has.
Eventually, I will probably make it into a 6 module system and add the new controller.
Of course, I'd like to see Cary release more awesome Wiardness and make me want to expand, but we'll see how that goes.

now with the 311 controller! Bryan did some great work, i love the adapter for the 311 controller( i should've cleaned it's underside before putting it in though, lol. damn finger prints!!

The classic vco i just got i think is an older hand screened one, it doesn't have the arrows liek the other one i've got has, and a little different labelling.
elmerfudd
Ole skool with new controller. White module is Tellun verb, ready for the engraver. 311C is awesome. CARY DOES NICE WORK!
nightowl
Just made the jump today.
Wish me luck!

chamomileshark
looks good, congrats!
flts
Mine's in a 6U flightcase right now, should get a new DIY studio rack finished in a few days and move the frame and PSU there together with everything else...

chamomileshark
nice!
flts
Because every Wiard needs a blue / turquoise studio rack.

flts
nightowl
Slick!
tron23
Love those blues, keep growing people! Guinness ftw!
wyrtti
Flts, I will visit your system very soon. smile
thesnow
this thread needs more system pics, don't be so boring wiardos grin
Smokey
thesnow wrote:
this thread needs more system pics, don't be so boring wiardos grin

Please help my GAS tank explode. Dead Banana help
davidh
some picture of mine Miley Cyrus

davidh
@flts you have bantam/jack patch cables ?
flts
@wyrtti, be my guest! smile

davidh wrote:
@flts you have bantam/jack patch cables ?

I bought the first module (WFC) used from a fellow wiggler - it came equipped with Bantam jacks and he had ordered a big bunch of Bantam to 3,5mm adapter cables from Graham Hinton so those were included in the deal. When I ordered the rest of modules from Cary 2 years ago, I also ordered some Bantam to 1/4" cables, and later bought some more from an eBay seller. So I think I'm set for life with format conversion.

That black 1U panel row in your system looks great - is it DIY or custom job from someone? Am I right in assuming that it consists of some bantam-minijack converters, passive attenuators, multiples and/or similar utility stuff? I decided to buy an used Bantam/TT patchbay from a fellow wiardo and rewire it for similar stuff.
davidh
thanks

the black 1U is DIY, there are jack/bantam adaptator, passiv attenuators, some multiples, but also mods (gate and LFO mod for the331c),
I still have empty slots where I will add a passive ring mod, and other passive circuits, pseudo lpg, gate To trig
thesnow
I want to see nelson baboon's wiard 300
flts
okay, that's the last module for the rack for now.

mfirman
I can't believe I haven't posted to this
thread before, since I've had my Wiard 300
system for quite a while now. Oh well, here
she is in one recent configuration:
syncretism
IIRC, mfirman, you brought your entire Wiard 300 and 1200 rigs to AHMW several years ago, right? I have a vivid memory of a Giorgio Moroder tune ("The Chase?") being played on this... wall of blinking lights.
mfirman
I did bring it to AHMW a few times over the
years. Not sure there were any specific Giorgio Moroder
tunes done on it at these times, but there were probably
some nice Moroder-like sounds emanating from it I'm sure.
It turns out that often, when I bring it out to sync meets
(such as KnobCon and AHMW), a lot of folks don't really
know what they are seeing/hearing. There is often a complete
lack of interest (everyone wants to see/hear the latest
Eurorack module, or Buchla, or Arp clone). The same thing
has happened with the Serge when I've dragged it out. I think
folks just don't know what it's all about. I've stopped
displaying it in public for this reason. Nothing wrong with
Euro, Buchla, or Arp, but I was a little taken aback by
the profound disinterest.
syncretism
I've been guilty of that in the past; sometimes, the tech would be overwhelming, and I'd feel bad for using it when better-sussed people were waiting to have a go confused
mfirman
Here it is at the AHMW 2007 meet (that's Cary Roberts pictured
in front of it). It's nestled amongst various Wiard and Blacet Frac
modules and a FutureRetro Revolution.
slow_riot
mfirman wrote:

Music is a rare flower that not everyone appreciates! Crowds are boring anyway.
fluxmonkey
mfirman wrote:

maybe not... my experience playing with both your wiard and serge systems at AHMW were key inputs to my decisions to invest in these instruments. much appreciated!
mfirman
To be a bit more fair about this fluxmonkey,
AHMW has always had folks that showed an
interest in all sorts of different, classic, musical,
or DIY devices.

However, I had a table at KnobCon two
years in a row, where I barely saw
anyone touch the Serge and Buchla Thunder
the first year, and the Wiard the second year.
The only folks that came by to look were people
I knew. I really don't come to these events
to draw attention, but I was really disappointed
in how locked in and closed minded folks in
the synth world have become (now I really sound
like an old fart - which I am, of course).

There is nothing wrong with Dance oriented music,
Drums and Bass, Techno, EDM or whatever the
styles are, nor is there anything wrong with Eurorack
modules or beat boxes. I love all of that stuff. I just
don't understand the strange focus on a particular
style of music, or a particular module format. It just
saddened me a bit.

Okay, the lament is over.
jdkee
Michael,

I noticed you have a Tempest and external sequencer by your Wiard. How have you integrated them into the Wiard or are they separate entities?
mfirman
jdkee wrote:
Michael,

I noticed you have a Tempest and external sequencer by your Wiard. How have you integrated them into the Wiard or are they separate entities?

Well, I've done various experiments with the Wiard and
a number of different devices. I was using a Kenton Pro
Solo to get the MIDI clock from the Tempest and produce
pulses (gates) for use in the Wiard. The Pro Solo has since died,
but I have other devices that do a similar job. The MAQ
sequencer can be used straight out since it has CV/Gate outputs
for each row. I can also clock the MAQ with the Tempest.
flts
I've been actually thinking about building some kind of fancy clock / trigger source to go with the Wiard. We were doing some impromptu modular jams with a friend just a week or two ago, and it turns out my Wiard rack triggered by Mutable Instruments Grids provides pretty awesome Autechresque FM percussion. Tempted to put together an eurorack frame under the Wiard, and build one of those programmable clock generators because of that.
plord
flts wrote:
I've been actually thinking about building some kind of fancy clock / trigger source to go with the Wiard. We were doing some impromptu modular jams with a friend just a week or two ago, and it turns out my Wiard rack triggered by Mutable Instruments Grids provides pretty awesome Autechresque FM percussion. Tempted to put together an eurorack frame under the Wiard, and build one of those programmable clock generators because of that.

Why go to a different voltage format though? Metalbox has you covered. Pulse Divider, Gate Sequencer, Sequential Switch, throw in a Blacet Binary Zone or two, patch in the cross faders from your Envelator. That's a lot of gate/clock power right there. If you need a clock that can speed up, slow down, and have variable gate time, throw in a Blacet VCO. Right? Octave up/down to double/half the clock, CV to pulse width for variable gate.

[only fair to add: I have a modded-for-15V Flame Clockwork and a Klee, so I have other more trivial options for gate and clock madness, but still...]
flts
plord wrote:
Why go to a different voltage format though? Metalbox has you covered. Pulse Divider, Gate Sequencer, Sequential Switch, throw in a Blacet Binary Zone or two, patch in the cross faders from your Envelator. That's a lot of gate/clock power right there. If you need a clock that can speed up, slow down, and have variable gate time, throw in a Blacet VCO. Right? Octave up/down to double/half the clock, CV to pulse width for variable gate.
[only fair to add: I have a modded-for-15V Flame Clockwork and a Klee, so I have other more trivial options for gate and clock madness, but still...]

Yep, that's a good point, and one that I've seriously considered myself... I still have quite a bit of power to spare in the Hinton PSU I use to power the Wiard, so would be nice to use that, and I do like the idea of more loose panel layouts for ergonomic reasons.

The first problem is, quite surprisingly, price - as about the whole Frac-land is USA based, exchange rates + shipping + VAT are against me whether with buying an empty rack or modules, unless I find something used in EU at the right time when I can afford it. It might be actually more economic to DIY an Euro subrack with decent +-12V supply.

The second problem is that Euro does have all kinds of nice extra modules and DIY kits like fancy algorithmic / digital pattern generation that Frac seems to be lacking on. Edit: I know there's Binary Zone and you can patch awesome things with clock dividers, seq switches, etc., what I specifically mean here is programmable / probabilistic / euclidean type microcontroller based stuff. I have to admit I've eyed the Metalbox/CGS stuff and BZ with great interest as well though, and it would make deciding on a module setup much easier!

Third option I'm considering is to just buy a boatload of CGS and other PCBs and build a +-15V powerable utility rack (whether Euro, Frac or 1U panel size) of gate and trigger generation and manipulation, mixing and VCAs. Most of cool Metalbox trigger and logic modules seem to be based on CGS designs / PCBs anyway. However, it isn't like my DIY backlog isn't big enough as is already... Dead Banana
slow_riot
Digital pattern generator / audio noise source being (slowly) thought about right now. I want it to be equally capable of both so that might mean some compromises from both sides.

I'll probably PM you for some advice when I get deeper into the design, I never used proper clocking when playing, just heavily modulated envelopes, varying time signatures etc, so it would be interesting to see what your needs are.

Blacet gets cheap if you do kits btw. And euro is sure going to have less compromises that are inherent in a dedicated instrument, say if you wanted drum modules.
elmerfudd
Its big,its blue and its almost DONE........
chamomileshark
very nice smile
tron23
Modcan A and Wiard! w00t
elmerfudd
Sort of east coast mid-west coast synthesis.....Muff needs a 6u format section....
johnnywoods
Finished up my case last weekend, so it's picture time!

jdkee
Wow, is that 9 modules wide? And what modules?
johnnywoods
jdkee wrote:
Wow, is that 9 modules wide? And what modules?

Yup!

2 sequantizers, waveform cities, borgs, mixolators, wogglebugs
3 vcos, envelators
1 filter, Chaquo
311 and 311c

I bought a 6 module system and then got a deal on another 12... was planning on selling 6 or so, but once I saw all 18 together I fell in love :-)
numan7
Lotsa Lovewe're not worthy utterly splendid system, johnnywoods!

cheers
Joxer96
Beautiful, johnnywoods!

What's the white unit directly below the 300s?
DomMorley
Joxer96 wrote:

What's the white unit directly below the 300s?

Looks like one of these:

https://koma-elektronik.com/?product=komplex-sequencer
jdkee
That is a beautiful system. Any tracks made with it?
johnnywoods
jdkee wrote:
That is a beautiful system. Any tracks made with it?

I have most of an album done, about 1/3 was made with Wiard, and the rest with Serge. It'll probably be a couple months before it's ready, but pm me and I can send you a few tracks ;-)

And yes, that's a Koma Komplex. Integrates beautifully with the 300.
thee ghost ov n_phay
Ross Lamond made me a nice case for my Wiard and DIY modules, here it is:

jdkee
It is amazing to see the organic growth come together with these systems, whether 300 or 1200 or both. In proper cases to support the style and format. Who says Euro has to have all the fun?
elmerfudd
So, got tired of using all my jumbles/ adapter cables to have 311C hooked to the modcan. The 1200s showed up on BST and with a little work got a banana enhancement and a stand alone box. Power is on Wiard standard din and has an umbilical to mta plug so its on the modcan rails. Like the aesthetic, if the graphic spacing would allow it, I would redrill all the 300 modules for nanners....
DomMorley

Super happy with this (2nd CVCO is the recent, final piece). Will probably just add a sequencer to it...
slow_riot
That's a nice set up, I used the combination of 2 CVCOs into an Omni a lot. The WFC generally didn't benefit from complex filtering, and the internal saturation of the Omni really lended itself to 2 Pulse waves. Each one to a Borg first also fun if they are not tied up doing something else.

Converting that Omni to bantams might have been one of my first DIY jobs! I had to figure that out myself (i.e. blind at that point) and I wonder if anything needed to get changed.
flts
That reminds me, I still need to make an 1U blue utility panel with mults, unity gain mixing etc. and a 7U rack case so I can house the modules and the utility to the same case...
jdkee
flts wrote:
That reminds me, I still need to make an 1U blue utility panel with mults, unity gain mixing etc. and a 7U rack case so I can house the modules and the utility to the same case...

Is this something different from Cary's 1U utility module?
flts
jdkee wrote:
flts wrote:

Is this something different from Cary's 1U utility module?

I'm not aware of any official 1U utility strip from Wiard, at least not announced publicly. Is there one? The JAG is a cool thing but it's 2U and does more in some respects (all the cool joystick + JAG action, LFOs, gates) and less in others (what I find especially lacking in the current system is the mixing / mults).
DomMorley
flts wrote:

I'm not aware of any official 1U utility strip from Wiard, at least not announced publicly. Is there one?

Yep - you can see it in my picture under the modules. It’s not on the website yet but drop Cary an email and I’m sure she can do you one. They’re about £150 IIRC.
carygrace
flts wrote:

I'm not aware of any official 1U utility strip from Wiard, at least not announced publicly. Is there one?

There is indeed! It just isn’t on the website yet. I’ve only really announced it on social media, and have told customers who were ordering a controller about it, because it’s really an accessory piece for that (with some added goodies). I’m way behind on website updates - apologies!
flts
Thanks for the information Dom & Cary! I somehow assumed Dom's panel was some sort of very faithful 3rd party custom job as I hadn't heard of that one before. Not keeping too much eye on social medias these days, unfortunately.

Still kind of tempted to make my own, as I was thinking of active mixers (either unity gain & trimmable, or with gain control pot + max gain higher than 1) and some other little changes - and any money saved in that is towards the new JAG if I ever end up having enough etc...
fluxmonkey
finally my big blue babe is gonna have some company. anybody have a frac or gargoyle euro borg for sale/trade? much as i love a noisering, not sure i need 4.
Jd1979

Picture file
fac
fluxmonkey wrote:
finally my big blue babe is gonna have some company. anybody have a frac or gargoyle euro borg for sale/trade? much as i love a noisering, not sure i need 4.

What is your opinion about the eurorack Wiard sound vs 300-series sound? I have a gargoyle eurorack system but always wanted a blue beast.
fac
sourceofuncertainty
Oops - problem attaching image
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 5