Hmmmm Bananalogue LPF or the MOTM LPF

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Hmmmm Bananalogue LPF or the MOTM LPF

Post by tragedybysyntax » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:55 pm

So right now the only filters i have is a sherman filterbank 2 and my Harvestman Polivoks. I need something for bass (LPF) so I"m looking at the Bananalogue LPF (arp) and the MOTM LPF (Moog)

Any thoughts?

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Re: Hmmmm Bananalogue LPF or the MOTM LPF

Post by plord » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:55 pm

tragedybysyntax wrote:So right now the only filters i have is a sherman filterbank 2 and my Harvestman Polivoks. I need something for bass (LPF) so I"m looking at the Bananalogue LPF (arp) and the MOTM LPF (Moog)

Any thoughts?
The Bananalogue is very clean and precise; the 3 input mixer is passive, it attenuates only, so if you want to push the input you are going to have to use the gain circuit of a separate module like a Blacet I/O or quad VCA. I didn't find that it spat out good basses, and I sold it after a couple of months in favor of the LiveWire Frequensteiner, which is a dirty, imprecise filter on a bad day and an evil flame spitting beast on a good day.

I don't know about the MOTM. But the absolute thickest, heaviest, meaty filter module for bass I have ever played is the Wiard Boogie. It goes LOW.

Hope that helps?

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:41 pm

+1 on the Boogie. My favorite ever.

In fact - I bought my first one (the blue) from tragedybysyntax!

Babaluma

Post by Babaluma » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:42 pm

i have the boogie and the motm 1490 in frac.

i am very happy with the motm - it nails that overdriven moog sound very well, far better than the moogerfooger mf-101. a classic, and very high build/sound quality.

the boogie is also a fantastic lpf (buchla + moog = boog!), overdrives nicely, responds extremely well to audio rate modulation, can be patched (with a four input mixer) to be any combination of low pass, band pass, high pass, all pass or notch you can dream of, can sound extremely cystal clean hi-fi OR dirty as hell, can act as a buchla style gate, and has the best build quality i have ever seen (as does all the wiard stuff). an extremely versatile filter - however i don't think it'll nail the moog tone precisely.

have no experience with the bananalogue arp.

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:36 am

i just realized this has nothing to do with blacet. shame on all of you. :lol:
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:53 am

heh, good catch! thread moved

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”