MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Half price Discontinuity PCBs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Half price Discontinuity PCBs
Synthbuilder
But there's a catch. The new issue 3 Discon boards have arrived and they have a small but very unfortunate tracking error.

Simply put; one IC is connected to +5V when it should be connected to +15V.

This only affects issue 3 boards - both the earlier issues are fine.

So to get the new boards to work you have to make one track cut and add a wire bridge. Like this:



Since this is not the sort of thing I expect builders of Oakley projects to have to cope with I was going to chuck the whole run in the bin. But that seemed somewhat wasteful. So they are up for grabs for ten quid each which is half the normal price.

I will be ordering a new batch later this year. They will called issue 3.1 and be otherwise identical to these but will have the correct tracking.

The new Builder's Guide contains the full details of the mod.

http://www.oakleysound.com/discon.htm

Tony
oldenjon
Oh damn! If only this thread had come a few days earlier d'oh!
numbertalk
I'll take one. How much is shipping to the U.S.?

Synthbuilder wrote:
But there's a catch. The new issue 3 Discon boards have arrived and they have a small but very unfortunate tracking error.

Simply put; one IC is connected to +5V when it should be connected to +15V.

This only affects issue 3 boards - both the earlier issues are fine.

So to get the new boards to work you have to make one track cut and add a wire bridge. Like this:



Since this is not the sort of thing I expect builders of Oakley projects to have to cope with I was going to chuck the whole run in the bin. But that seemed somewhat wasteful. So they are up for grabs for ten quid each which is half the normal price.

I will be ordering a new batch later this year. They will called issue 3.1 and be otherwise identical to these but will have the correct tracking.

The new Builder's Guide contains the full details of the mod.

http://www.oakleysound.com/discon.htm

Tony
decaying.sine
4.70 USD
numbertalk
Great how do I order one?
decaying.sine
Check out this link.
http://www.oakleysound.com/os-order.htm
numbertalk
Sweet thanks!
Synthbuilder
numbertalk wrote:
How much is shipping to the U.S.?


Shipping prices changed in May. The UK's Royal Mail introduced massive price increases to their postal services that month and I had to change my charges accordingly.

The charges to the US are now 5GBP for smaller orders under 35GBP, and 9GBP for orders over 35GBP. Postage for a single board and parts would therefore cost 5GBP which is about 7USD.

Most larger orders to the US are sent at a loss. ie. they cost me more than I charge. However, I sort of factor this in with the PCB prices so overall it works out OK.

Tony
numbertalk
Yeah, I heard about the crazy postage hike. Sounds like it mostly effects smaller packages.

Plan to order one of these boards today or tomorrow. If there's a run on them would you set one aside for me?

Thanks!

Synthbuilder wrote:
numbertalk wrote:
How much is shipping to the U.S.?


Shipping prices changed in May. The UK's Royal Mail introduced massive price increases to their postal services that month and I had to change my charges accordingly.

The charges to the US are now 5GBP for smaller orders under 35GBP, and 9GBP for orders over 35GBP. Postage for a single board and parts would therefore cost 5GBP which is about 7USD.

Most larger orders to the US are sent at a loss. ie. they cost me more than I charge. However, I sort of factor this in with the PCB prices so overall it works out OK.

Tony
Synthbuilder
numbertalk wrote:
If there's a run on them would you set one aside for me?


I've got plenty here but I'll put one on the side for you just in case.

Tony
numbertalk
Thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group