MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TM3030 controlled by CV etc
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author TM3030 controlled by CV etc
J-Acid
Hello, been browsing through here for a while and decided to make some changes to my TM3030's and never found the exact method for doing what i'm about to ask. Anyway, i want to buy an autobot step sequencer to control one of my TM's but it only has CV/Gate etc out. Any information on where these will be connected on the TM pcb would be appreciated, i plan to house them in a single unit so it would be permanent, once one is done i will have them both 'connected' this way.
The TM's sound great but it seems to be more to do with sequencing to get that 'sound' and Cubase just does not cut it (for me) although SEQ303 makes them sound no different from a 303 hence the move i plan to make. My studio is all hardware, only use Cubase as a Midi sequencer, been there done that with having total software.

cheers
J
J-Acid
Or, CV to midi conversion if it can faithfully be translated if you know what i mean.

cheers
J
Synthbuilder
Adding CV and gate is possible. However, it's not that straightforward and I don't have any notes on how to do this. An accent and slide input must also be added and the sequencer should be able to support these.

The TM3030 is a clone of the 303 and therefore any CV/gate/accent/slide inputs can be added in much the same way as you would add them to a 303.

Tony
J-Acid
Thanks for the response, but thats just it, i don't know how its added to a 303 so a guide (if possible) would be very helpful before i actually buy the sequencer. I'm patient..........But before i buy the sequencer would be excellent to know. I will start by trying to find the TB schematic, see what i can do myself which will be super minor compared to the minds here.

Also, slightly off topic.........is there a reason why some 303's sound 'thicker' on the square wave than others? Almost like they are flanged. I heard one a few years ago, no effects, the square was beautiful and fat, maybe something to do with its width? Interesting.

cheers
J
Synthbuilder
J-Acid wrote:
is there a reason why some 303's sound 'thicker' on the square wave than others?

There are probably quite a few reasons but I think the biggest difference is caused by the 2SK30A-O JFET in the VCO buffer circuit. Variations in Idss (a parameter of the JFET that is different for each JFET made) cause a subtle shift in the shape of the sawtooth which in turn affects the width and shape of the 'squarewave'.

Tony
J-Acid
Thanks for the info, explains the difference in all the TB's i have heard, maybe its me but the fatter sounding one's sound more bubbly too.

cheers
J
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1