Doepfer R2M Ribbon Controller

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

Cat-A-Tonic
Lobsters love Muff

Doepfer R2M Ribbon Controller

Post by Cat-A-Tonic » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:50 pm

This thing is great!
The variable pressure sensor works really well for controlling pitch bends and the position (pitch) sensor can be quantized to many different scales with variable resolution (# of octaves).

However, my main interest in buying it in the first place was the advertised TRAUTONIUM Mode which I cannot seem to access in mine at all!!! :x

If anyone has experience with this device and knows how to access said Trautonium function I would be very appreciative.

It does spit 2 CVs and a Gate + Midi IN & OUT so I find it very useful in controlling: softsynths, Roland D-50, Metasonix TM-3, etcetera, and soon it will assist in controlling a tower of Blacet!

When controlling the D-50 I can use the ribbon and keys at the same time! The ribbon is for some reason louder though.

I just wish I could avoid the quantization sometimes and just use it like a Trautonium Ribbon :arrow: press and slide

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:26 am

However, my main interest in buying it in the first place was the advertised TRAUTONIUM Mode which I cannot seem to access in mine at all!!!
Your not the first to have troubles getting into that mode.
I don't have one but last time I asked about it I think he pulled out the manual and turned to page 29 or 39, one of those, then showed where it was on the menu.

E-mail Doepfer and have them walk you through it.

Playing with a Ribbon is fun, I had fun playing with the Wretch Machine controlled by that controller.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”