MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

Possible to scale and offset cv in 300 series?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Possible to scale and offset cv in 300 series?
Ekofisk
Is there any way to offset cv in the 300 series?

Obviously the mixolator or any vca will scale, but I have not found a way to offset yet.
slow_riot
No, I find that one area that the 300 modules do not cover, and in some instances are essential (e.g. rate on Wogglebug).

Aside from using modules or function blocks that I find better reserved for their full capacity useslike you mentioned.

You could use something in Euro or Frac if you have that. Any mixer, perhaps combined with a joystick for your offset CV.

Another option is the Hinton Switchmix, which is probably the best executed mixer in any modular format.
Liquidcolor
You could offset a voltage by adding the 10v from an active Sequantizer gate output. A little kludgy but it would work.
drumsofd00m
Giving this old thread a bump as well as giving the 311C a boost, because of course with this new incarnation of the joystick controller, offset is very easy again in the 300 series!

And of course a two-dimensional CV source is (if you want to make use of both axes) more tedious to use with precision, but also more Wiard-ly elegant than a single DC source pot.

The 300 was initially intended as a fixed seven module set that included the first 311 version and was dubbed the "Wiard One".

The module lineup has changed now, but I still think a small 8U Wiard is one of the most complete and versatile systems for its size. Contrary to the old 311s, the C's joysticks are bipolar even, if you opt for that at the jumpers.
carygrace
drumsofd00m wrote:
. Contrary to the old 311s, the C's joysticks are bipolar even, if you opt for that at the jumpers.

Yes, the joysticks can be bipolar - just to clarify, the joysticks change their output voltage range along with the JAG input polarity switch on the 311C, so the joystick output ranges can be either unipolar (0-10V) or bipolar (+/-5V) mode depending on the JAG input polarity toggle switch position. (No jumpers are involved for this, just the toggle switch.)

This also means the joystick can control the JAG in both input polarity modes, whereas on the original JAG controller it only worked correctly in 0-10V mode, because the joystick outputs were fixed at 0-10V.
drumsofd00m
Thanks for the clarification about the switches vs. jumpers! I should have checked back before posting. About time that I order one.
numan7
drumsofd00m wrote:
About time that I order one.

w00t i just did!

cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1