MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moon Modular 511C VC-EG
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Moon Modular 511C VC-EG
drewtoothpaste
Anyone have/used one of these?

http://www.lunar-experience.com/511c.html

I'm thinking about picking one up but I'd like to see if anyone has experiences with their lead times/etc.
bwhittington
Drew, I've lusted after that one, too. The last time I checked, the distributor listed on their site kept them in stock. The US shipping cost so outrageous that it must have been an error, though, so you would probably want to send an email to confirm the rate instead of buying through the website. Might be worth looking into.

Moon's shipping cost isn't cheap, either. That was discussed somewhat in the COTK Ordering thread, also near the top of the 5U section right now.

Cheers,
Brian
Scaff
I have one in my rig! Great modul and also well build! Try to buy via Schneider and ask them about the shipping costs. Maybe they will ship it cheaper than Moon will do.
MyPasswordIs123456
I did buy mine directly from the manufacturer. Well worth the price, works just as expected. The sustain voltage control is ideal for quick patching of vibrato. I get much better result this way than fiddling with the Q109 envelope. I also love the envelope amount control, very handy.

edit: just seen you ask about their lead times, module was in stock and they shipped it right away.
bwhittington
Yes, I dug up an old thread for this, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask:

Is it just my imagination, or is the price of the 511c lower at Noisebug now? It says $320 now. I was thinking it used to be $360.

Cheers,
Brian
sduck
Very cool looking module!

I wonder about the thinking in putting the sustain level pot at the bottom, underneath the release time pot. I guess I'm just used to thinking in terms of ADSR, but I could certainly get used to this arrangement.

I love that it has a gate button. I know the dotcom ones have those, but I've got 4 motm ones now, and I miss that button sometimes. Although all of my EG's are modded anyway, and are about to get remodded, so maybe I'll add one of these buttons to them also - it's a really easy thing to do.

I wish there was a end-of-release-time trigger out jack, or some kind of looping switch - that would turn this into a psycho-giant-killer module!
emdot_ambient
sduck wrote:
...I wonder about the thinking in putting the sustain level pot at the bottom, underneath the release time pot...

I've wondered about that, too. seriously, i just don't get it
SynthBaron
After careful consideration, I went with an Oakley one with a custom panel by Krisp1. I didn't wan't to have to buy an extra inverter module to use the Moon. Plus, the free built in VCA is nice.
SynthBaron
emdot_ambient wrote:
sduck wrote:
...I wonder about the thinking in putting the sustain level pot at the bottom, underneath the release time pot...

That's how Moog did it.
bwhittington
emdot_ambient wrote:
sduck wrote:

I hadn't even noticed that. I guess it's a ADRS. w00t

Cheers,
Brian
SynthBaron
bwhittington wrote:

Is it just my imagination, or is the price of the 511c lower at Noisebug now? It says $320 now. I was thinking it used to be $360.

I only remember seeing a price of $320.
bwhittington
SynthBaron wrote:
bwhittington wrote:

I only remember seeing a price of $320.

Maybe I'm remembering what it would have cost with shipping from Berlin.

Cheers,
Brian
NV
SynthBaron wrote:
After careful consideration, I went with an Oakley one with a custom panel by Krisp1. I didn't wan't to have to buy an extra inverter module to use the Moon. Plus, the free built in VCA is nice.

Why would you need an extra inverter module for the Moon? Both the Oakley and Moon have normal and inverted outputs.
SynthBaron
NV wrote:
SynthBaron wrote:

Why would you need an extra inverter module for the Moon? Both the Oakley and Moon have normal and inverted outputs.

I need invertable CV inputs.
suitandtieguy
see, if i make a VCEG, it won't even have attenuators at all on the inputs. you'd be completely fucked.
bwhittington
suitandtieguy wrote:
see, if i make a VCEG, it won't even have attenuators at all on the inputs. you'd be completely fucked.

If that meant it would be 1U and it wouldn't cost $320, I think you would find that to be a reasonably popular module. I'd buy some, whether or not I already had the Moon ones.

Cheers,
Brian
suitandtieguy
cool.

it's in development, but i can't project a release date other than "i hope this year", nor can i tell you anything about it. you'll probably like it though. it's going to be very familiar looking but have some neat tricks up its sleeve.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1