MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Homicide Censor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Homicide Censor
Ted
"Feedback Routing VCA and Envelope Follower"
joey
where was this posted!?
Nullsleep
??? This came out of nowhere!
ThinLazy
What is it?
e-grad
My guess: A quad VCA/Envelope Follower havening 4 individual and one common output. Unusual feature is a switch to route the audio signal/envelope of any of the 4 sub modules into the path of the any of the 4 sub modules. (Audio of sub 1 can be routed into the audio path of sub 2 etc.)
burnn_out!
Fuck me standin' !!! Do want!!! Dead Banana Dead Banana MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING love
Hi5
Very interesting. Would love more details. Feedback implies that there is more gain than unity on the VCA??
cr
just saw it on matrix and went over to the harvestman site … btw is it only me or does anyone else recognize a celtic cross and a swastika in the harvestman logo? eek!

burnn_out!
Google homicide censor and you'll find that Scott's had the idea on the board since 2010 or earlier. Also find that "homicide censor" is a CONTRA (coolest game eva!) Reference. applause This is fun!
science
cr wrote:
btw is it only me or does anyone else recognize a celtic cross and a swastika in the harvestman logo? eek!

meh
rico loverde
cr wrote:
just saw it on matrix and went over to the harvestman site … btw is it only me or does anyone else recognize a celtic cross and a swastika in the harvestman logo? eek!

d'oh! thats kinda reaching if ya ask me
governor blacksnake
The way it works is this: There is a linear VCA for each channel (with some gain), coupled to an envelope follower. The CV input is attenuverting. The rotary switch at the top routes the envelope out to the CV input of any of the four channels. If a Stilton Adaptor is attached , it also routes the VCA'ed audio output to one of the Stilton inputs. As always, you can override the routing by inserting things into the respective inputs.

Note that if you send a channel's CV back to itself, you can use the attenuverter and manual level controls to achieve a crude sort of compression effect. With some finer processing of the envelope signal (MATHS) you can get greater control of the effect.
infradead
Neat!!
morphic
rico loverde wrote:
cr wrote:

d'oh! thats kinda reaching if ya ask me

i think your find the nazi swastika went the other way ...

The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.

Until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck.

Even in the early twentieth century, the swastika was still a symbol with positive connotations. For instance, the swastika was a common decoration that often adorned cigarette cases, postcards, coins, and buildings. During World War I, the swastika could even be found on the shoulder patches of the American 45th Division and on the Finnish air force until after World War II.

the harvestman logo looks more like some kinda cutter to me maybe for harvesting !
burnn_out!
cr wrote:

I think it kinda looks like gun site mixed with Chinese star. razz
reignbear
was just thinking about the progress of this guy the other day when i was running contact mic'd drawings through a119>bionic lester>double andore...

how does the gain compare to the double andore or bionic lester?
governor blacksnake
The maximum gain will be greater than one. I will select a value that plays well with a pedal setup once I have a working prototype hooked up to a Stilton adaptor. Probably between 1.5 and 2.

The Evin 209 is still slated for rerelease and it will play well with these two designs. There will be headers on the Homicide board for connecting everything. I'm now not sure of the final Evin feature set other than an improved control spacing... I am not thinking about it much because I have already designed way too many mixer modules this year.
anti_climacus
Compression, four envelope followers, mixing vcas?! Fuck this rules! Will this be able to interface with the Evin 209 MKI at all? If so, I'm definitely gonna need a bigger amp. SlayerBadger!
JohnLRice
morphic wrote:
the harvestman logo looks more like some kinda cutter to me maybe for harvesting !
Kinda like a food processor blade? hihi
ether
So when can I order one???

Entrainer
FU.

Seriously, I'm going to have to break out a full tilt HM rig.
104HP is already filled, but with this, Stilton Adapter, Evin 210,
and Tyme Safari 2... that's some nonsense.

edit: I mean 105hp. Goike looks out for the HM.
joey
yeah, another day 1 buy.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
cr wrote:

It's only you.
burnn_out!
Any chance we can get a release date on this???
computer controlled
The Celtic Cross i can see, but the swazi. No. But, then again...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2