MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Show us your Bugbrand Set up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 [all]
Author Show us your Bugbrand Set up
chrisdermo
Four row boot is ready for jams after work this week!
DickMarker

So much from such a small footprint - and surprising myself with what a neat job of packdown I did after a gig the other night!
batchas
I like this part of the forum Guinness ftw!
chrisdermo
Put together a tiny portable system for experimentation. There's lots you can achieve with this minimal set up! The red diy on the right is a 'bill's tiny mixer' (see the diy forum), I set it up so ch1= left, ch2= l+r with seperate level knobs and ch3= right.
Fun!

fever606

Took a little inspiration from chrisdermo and Tom's "16FW expansion" and bolted up this mini monster... thanks to a100user for the 3FW hookup!
a100user
fever606 wrote:

Took a little inspiration from chrisdermo and Tom's "16FW expansion" and bolted up this mini monster... thanks to a100user for the 3FW hookup!

You are very welcome and a lovely little setup you have there.
BananaPlug
Would love to hear some recordings from these two little systems. It's peanut butter jelly time!
Corbeau
Here's the majority of my set-up. The Bugbrand is the heart and center-piece of it all essentially. I just use it waaay more than the other stuff around it for sound generation.

I basically built up everything around the Bugbrand and Serge to be supportive for them. The Eurorack is primarily there for sequencing and clockwork, but has a few great VCO's, VCA's, filters, and other tools as well.

I feel bad for my Animal sometimes though, the Bugbrand still gets the most attention. I need to show it some more love...

If you want to hear some (mostly bad) recordings of my noise-making, here's my instagram.

Tengu watches over all Om
otoskope
Very nice setup! Compact and concentrated. Personally, I think Bugs and Serge work very well together (even if I have Serge circuits mostly in other guises, such as CGS, Bananalogue and Metalbox).
/Palle
easyskywalker

Very happy with my small Bug system!
Corbeau
otoskope wrote:
Very nice setup! Compact and concentrated. Personally, I think Bugs and Serge work very well together (even if I have Serge circuits mostly in other guises, such as CGS, Bananalogue and Metalbox).
/Palle

Thanks! I've tried to keep it as compact and focused as possible, since I don't have much room. If I had a room I could dedicate to my synths, things would probably be a lot less compact!

That said, this set-up isn't quite "complete" yet. Gotta get that DRM2 and maybe the upcoming ClockBox, plus a couple of eurorack modules I've been wanting forever.

It never ends.... Never maintain cash savings again

@easyskywalker: I'd love to take that setup out to a park and have a nice synth picnic love
easyskywalker
Quote:
@easyskywalker: I'd love to take that setup out to a park and have a nice synth picnic love

They should have power in parks just for that! hihi
Corbeau
easyskywalker wrote:
Quote:

They should have power in parks just for that! hihi

I wonder if they make portable batteries big enough to charge a boat like that?

I see an opening in the modular market there hihi
easyskywalker
Quote:
I see an opening in the modular market there hihi

Nobody made a case yet with a battery compartment in the back that takes 8 D-cell batteries? : )
BugBrand
Interesting - I just looked for portable / rechargeable batteries and there's things like 12V 6800mAh that are not too expensive. That should get you 2 hours - though actually most 2frame cases won't actually be pulling the full power capacity, so probably more time life in practice.
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
Interesting - I just looked for portable / rechargeable batteries and there's things like 12V 6800mAh that are not too expensive. That should get you 2 hours - though actually most 2frame cases won't actually be pulling the full power capacity, so probably more time life in practice.

I did wonder if that new Koma Strom mobile thingy would power one frame. I tried a powerbank with a cheapo 12v step up transformer but the power bank couldn't give enough current.
batchas
chrisdermo wrote:
I tried a powerbank with a cheapo 12v step up transformer but the power bank couldn't give enough current.

I was wondering about power banks.
I guess one with enough power capacity could do it.
I hope people will share their experience if they tried, and tell which one work etc.
Maybe there's a thread about this?
chrisdermo
batchas wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:
I tried a powerbank with a cheapo 12v step up transformer but the power bank couldn't give enough current.

I was wondering about power banks.
I guess one with enough power capacity could do it.
I hope people will share their experience if they tried, and tell which one work etc.
Maybe there's a thread about this?

This:
Poweradd Slim2 Auto Detect Portable Charger Power Bank 5000mAh - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MWU1GGI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_trR3BbCHR9DN T

Plus this:
Step Up Converter,Qutaway 5V To 12V USB Step Up Voltage Transformer DC Power Cable With Barrel Jack Booster Module(5V-12V) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071X6VYXR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_DpR3BbA9M4ZN 7

And a 2-way dc splitter cable will power 2 of the 3fw/5fw cases for several hours!
I think I saw a thread on lines forum recently that talked about laptop battery banks that could provide way more current st 12v. Will do a search.
BugBrand
I would suggest starting with a 12V battery pack. The ones I saw have regular DC outputs, so should connect direct to the 12V DC input on any frame. I wouldn't imagine they would have a particular current draw limitation whereas that step-up does.
otoskope
Sorry, missed the power discussion here! As I have written before in other threads, I often run synth gear - including Bug frames - from power packs. Works like charm. I have several large and semi-large power packs from Anker and other brands with a DC output, often switchable between 9/12V, or 9/12/15/16/19/20/21V when they are aimed towards laptops.

With these I run things like Nord Micro Modular, Gotharman LittleDeformer2, Elektron Digitakt/tone and Bugbrand frames. Running time varies a little, and I haven't really measured, but the LittleDeformer, which I have ran most, can run for a full day from a medium sized pack. I would guess a SynthVoice would run for many hours from a single pack.

Beware, though, that the power rating on these packs are for some reason often counted in mAh of some low voltage (to make it sound more). Look instead on the Wh (Watt-hour) rating. That translates better.

I have actually even ran two old-style 16FW Bugbrand frames from two 16V power packs, in series to get -16V..0..+16V. Also worked just fine.

The good thing with these big power packs is that they all charge quite quickly from 15-20V DC.

/Palle
T. Jervell
Pretty darn happy with this setup!!
Love my BugBrand!
chrisdermo
T. Jervell wrote:
Pretty darn happy with this setup!!
Love my BugBrand!

Neat! Really like the idea of using the chirper oscillators as clocks for ddsr/QDiv - good to have nice big dials for such functions.
T. Jervell
Yes! Using them as clocks is really nice. Also, you can get some pretty wonky rhythms with internal cross modulation The Chewbacca Defense
lud
The Chirper is a wonderful (but rather large!) clock source.

Great setup you have, all bases covered and lots of red
T. Jervell
lud wrote:
The Chirper is a wonderful (but rather large!) clock source.

Great setup you have, all bases covered and lots of red

Thanks!
Haha! Yes if I only used it as a clock source I’d be mad hihi

But seriously I love my reds!! (Blues also of course). Both as stand alone devices, in a more modular approach, and as audio glue-of sorts.
I guess I’m just a sucker for the overall tone in the bugs, no matter the colour Miley Cyrus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 [all]
Page 12 of 12