MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing ADDAC207 Intuitive Quantizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Introducing ADDAC207 Intuitive Quantizer
missingtwin
been checkin out quantizers. this one just shot up to the top.
nice design!
miraclehex
Wow ... this is great. How exactly do the chords work?
I'm pretty useless musically, but how I imagine the Flame Chord Machine works is that you put it a single CV into it, and it quantizes it, then works out 3 other notes to make a chord, and outputs all four separately?

Does the 207 do something similar? I can imagine it being even better (especially with the 4x clock inputs!), but a clearer photo/manual/more detailed description would be awesome.
thumbs up
HueMonContact
Holy cow!!! This is awesome.
This will be my 1st ADDAC module in my setup.
pas
I want this in blue BugBrand!
dodecabilly
will it have ASR function, like Quantimator?
__ag
Hello,
it won't have an ASR, but it has a Gate Out with definable length so that you can connect it to your favourite ADSR.

Also integrated several new features not mentioned in previous posts (like compatible with 1v per octave or buchla's 1.2v per octave), but more about these new features very soon!

Also glad to announce that Beta Users orders will hopefully start to ship in 2 weeks!

all the very best
andre
dodecabilly
well, I was asking about Analog Shift Register function...? smile considering it have multiple outputs...
__ag
Ah, sorry, reading ASR immediately made me think of Envelopes...

in this case no, it has multiple outs but also has multiple inputs, and with 1 input only the 3 extra outputs can be used for chord generation, with it's intervals being user definable, meaning that you can have chords with Tonic, and any note you choose with intervals from 0 to 11. for ex. Tonic, 3rd, 5th and 7th or Tonic, 11th, 9th, 3rd. Major and Minor intervals will be generated depending on the scale defined. In a C scale and Tonic C a 3rd will be major, with Tonic D 3rd will be minor and so on...

Not sure if i was totally clear above, but all these questions will soon vanish when we finish the manual and make some videos!

all the very best
andre
Paranormal Patroler
__ag wrote:
Also glad to announce that Beta Users orders will hopefully start to ship in 2 weeks!

Is this valid for all the upcoming modules's beta users or just the quantizer?
miraclehex
Is it too late to buy a Beta one?
HueMonContact
I really want to give this module a test drive! Very amazing design!
XidZeta
Any idea when we can expect this one? i NEED some quantization in my setup!
Gringo Starr
XidZeta wrote:
Any idea when we can expect this one? i NEED some quantization in my setup!

I second this. Is there a rough ETA?
Thee Loving Hand
wow. that looks perfect!
bj_gzp
I hope to get mine before Xmas hyper
BJ
exper
Did anyone get a beta version? I'd love to see this thing in action before deciding to change up my quantization options.
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
Did anyone get a beta version? I'd love to see this thing in action before deciding to change up my quantization options.

What'd'you got?
bj_gzp
I gave up my Quantimator in anticipation of the 207.
Can't wait to play it with a ribbon.
Cheers,
BJ
exper
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
exper wrote:

What'd'you got?

I have a Flame Tame Machine currently. Which I love. Its very quirky with the "beat" section, but the quantizer with mini keyboard scales is just so intuitive. But as much as I love it, the idea of 4 harmonically related quantizations is a huge draw. Especially when you consider each has its own trigger input, unlike the uScale which really has to be locked before the quantizer in order to always get perfect notes locked to a clock.

If I'm not explaining that correctly, what I mean is, say you use a joystick CV source along with a trigger pattern. With my Flame, I will get notes only as long as the trigger fires, otherwise it will hold the last note. With other quantizers like the uScale, the quantizer will still quantize that joystick CV, not matter if a new trigger is received. So you will sometimes get quantizations with the same note held. Sometimes that's nice, but I'm a big fan of using a joystick for sort of random, tempo synced melodies. To do that with a uScale (or quantimator too I suppose) you'd need to S/d the CV source with your clock...
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
I have a Flame Tame Machine currently. Which I love. Its very quirky with the "beat" section, but the quantizer with mini keyboard scales is just so intuitive. But as much as I love it, the idea of 4 harmonically related quantizations is a huge draw. Especially when you consider each has its own trigger input, unlike the uScale which really has to be locked before the quantizer in order to always get perfect notes locked to a clock.

Well, I have the Quantimator, a Flame Tame and I can see the 207 and a Chord Machine in my future hihi And while we're at it, some upcoming modules (Metropolis, Syntech E102) have quantizers onboard. Things are getting pretty tonal in euroland ...

By the way, I've seen the videos on Youtube but there are still some stuff I haven't figured out on the Tame Machine. It's easy to grasp but it can be rather complex as well.
exper
The Flame has served me well, in fact, if I add another row to my system I'd like to keep it. I guess the sometimes frustratin thing about it is that the bet section is really a luck of the draw situation. It's great that the beat divisions and cv source are loopable, but its not always predictable.

Anyway, the Addac looks so amazing for 10 hp. I never heard a confirmation but I'm assuming the scale/keypad section lights up according to the scale.
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
The Flame has served me well, in fact, if I add another row to my system I'd like to keep it. I guess the sometimes frustratin thing about it is that the bet section is really a luck of the draw situation. It's great that the beat divisions and cv source are loopable, but its not always predictable.

It works best if you've got something external synched which will make the measures intelligible. I always keep the beat on something separate and I count according to that.
Neo
CV control? Would be awesome if it can select presets under CV control.
matttech
got one on order (beta) ....not sure how long it'll be seriously, i just don't get it
exper
matttech wrote:
got one on order (beta) ....not sure how long it'll be seriously, i just don't get it

Awesome! I can't wait to see some demos and comments about it! I was thinking of replacing my Tame Machine with it, but now I'm thinking "as well as" (of course). Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 2 of 14