MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SVCO B rotary switch mod possible?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author SVCO B rotary switch mod possible?
EATyourGUITAR
would it be possible for me to use a 6 position rotary switch to select octaves like on a Q106? I know you are very secretive with your schematics until I have purchased the PCB. are you using a counter IC or a PIC/AVR. can I build the SVCO B without the daughter board if I use a rotary switch?

thanks
Synthbuilder
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
would it be possible for me to use a 6 position rotary switch to select octaves like on a Q106?

In theory you could do this with just the SVCO main board. The board provides both +10V and -10V references that could be used to feed a 0.1% resistor chain attached to the rotary switch. The problem is that you will almost certainly need to buffer the voltage obtained from such a chain if you want it to give you perfect octaves. The input resistance of the octave input on the SVCO board would load the resistor chain when used without a buffer or voltage follower circuit.

However, for a quick fix you could use a bunch of 100K trimmers fed from the +/-10V references and simply switch the wiper voltage to the octave input point.

The SVCO-B octave board uses a simple counter and decoder to create the octave and LFO switching.

Tony
EATyourGUITAR
thanks for all the ideas. I have another way that seems easier to me. I could connect the wiper of the rotary to an ADC and send the binary to the decoder. as long as I can write down all the threshold voltages for each bit on the input of my ADC I think it would be pretty easy to get the resistor values for the resistor chain to ground that connects to the rotary. I have a frequency counter on my multimeter but I want to avoid tuning each octave by hand and purchasing more 10-turn pots than may be necessary. your circuit is already perfect so I don't want to mess with success. I will be purchasing PCB's sometime in the next month hopefully. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1