MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

examples of Miniwave as VCO and LFO?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author examples of Miniwave as VCO and LFO?
thermionicjunky
I've been pondering some future expansion and I've noticed that there are very few demos available online of the Miniwave as VCO or LFO. I was hoping that some Miniwave/Waveform City owners could post a few examples. It will be a long time before I place another order, so please take your time. Thanks in advance.
Muff Wiggler
if you aren't in a hurry i will eventually do a very nice one with voiceovers to explain what I'm doing - which i've wanted to do for a while now

won't be in the next few weeks though
J.w.M.
Awesome, Muff-- Since I'm planning on adding one to my next rack, I'd be very interested in hearing it as well (along with some other features, maybe-- I've heard that the MW provides interesting distortion, but I've never heard a demo of it).
Muff Wiggler
while i personally find that providing distortion is by far the least interesting thing to do with a miniwave, the truth is that it absolutely excels at doing this. really odd, glitch distorion if you choose the right bank too. some cool stuff

i'll try to keep this on a high priority to do soon... 3 weeks of solid travel begin on monday so it won't be within that timeframe to be sure
felix
Despite a very low chance of purchase, I'd be very interested in the demo too Muff. I've read up on the miniwave, but it's so unique I'm unable to "imagine" what the possibilities sound like.

Absolutely no rush, though, take your time.
Muff Wiggler
that's why I want to do a demo with voiceover (I do them a lot with computer software for my day job). I want to explain the theory behind the MW, explain what it is doing with tracking a rising saw and doing a wavetable lookup based on the position of the saw's voltage. show what can be done with that, and then illustrate how the same processing - with very different results - occurs when you feed it something that's not a rising saw.

then show some of the other great features like quantizing, scale/key/mode shifting, and slow clocking to get rhythmic gates, wavetable scanning, etc etc etc

so much to do with a mw
felix
Saaweeeet!

As you probably know, I like demos with voice overs wink
J.w.M.
Awesome! I really can't wait. The MW has been a serious source of curiosity for me, since I've really heard nothing but raves about it in spite of the fact that it remains vaguely arcane to me... Can't wait to hear a demo of it.

Oh, and Felix-- You're the God of module demo videos. Can't wait to see some more out of you!!!
Muff Wiggler
J.w.M. wrote:
Oh, and Felix-- You're the God of module demo videos. Can't wait to see some more out of you!!!

i agree!! Felix your vids are always awesome. wish i could do video :(
felix
Thanks guys! oops More are on the way as soon as the modular case is built and everything is hooked up again.

M15, Frequensteiner, Polivoks, Doepfer A-143-1 Complex EG are all on the chopping block!

You guys saw the [latest] Devi pedal vids right?
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5572#5572
thermionicjunky
Fantastic. I will wait patiently. Even if I decide to get one, it's going to be a long time. Is there any way to run Wave256 on a Mac?
Muff Wiggler
possibly with one of those windows emulator thingies?

if you are totally into burning your own roms - you rock. ROM burners aren't that expensive. Also I have a huge collection of waveforms I assembled for a soft synth, lots taken from various popular synths. I could give you these as fuel if you wanted!!

but, if you were into that, AND you couldn't get it to run under emulation on a MAC - the good news is that it would not take a very powerful PC at ALL to run Wave256. You could run it just fine on a $50 thrift shop 10-year-old machine.

if you balk on all that but would still buy a burner and make up lots of ROMs - hell I will build you a shit computer that'lll run Wave256 and ship it to you for free. You could owe me a copy of any ROM you make wink
thermionicjunky
If I decide to get a Miniwave, I would absolutely decide to make my own roms. We'll see where I am when/if I place the order. I may take you up on your offer.
thermionicjunky
We'll probably end up buying a PC in order to use several programs. My mind is already racing with ROM ideas. If they turn out well, I wouldn't have a problem with sharing. But this isn't happening any time too soon.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1