MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

modulargrid.net - yet another modular planner
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next [all]
Author modulargrid.net - yet another modular planner
solitud
When I've got evolved in modulars one year ago most of the fun was digging through modules and laying out sketches of the modular of my dreams.
The internet modularplanner was a big help and I was fiddling around with it a lot. Having fun with it I recognized that it lacks some features I really would have to see.
- A function to search for modules by type
- A system, where I could manage my modular sketches on other computers (at work)
- better readable Typo for my aging eyes
- a more community based kind of platform with a feedback channel to rate modules
- a more robust drag'n'drop interface (module collision detection, no modules hiding each other)
- no flash implementation, I am a mobile guy, you know iPads and stuff wink

Long story short: I wrote up some ideas and developed a web tool which meets more my needs and would like to present it to the community in a healthy beta state.
I would be very happy if some fellow wigglers would give it a test shot and give me some feedback about improvements or features.

Biggest problem: lack of content. To counter this I've implemented a form where everyone can submit new modules. They appear instantly on the site.
Would be a blast if actually someone would use this smile

Thanks, Knut

tl,dr;

http://www.modulargrid.net
John Noble
applause

Looking at it now!
exper
Beautiful design! If you can get some more modules in there, it'll be great!
solitud
exper wrote:
Beautiful design! If you can get some more modules in there, it'll be great!

Thanks, I hope the community will help to fill up the database. I am following a very open approach, where everybody can contribute without much authorization hassle ...
intellijel
This is great! Very fast too

I like that users can upload the details. Would be great if manufacturers could get special accounts to edit any posts made for their product lines.

I would also love if you could add the ability to make virtual patch wires.
sixtyten
Very nice duder! It's all contemporary and stuff and things.
bouzoukijoe1
wow thumbs up
elektrokick
Very, very nice! Submitted 2 modules already, doing more tomorrow applause
solitud
intellijel wrote:
This is great! Very fast too

I like that users can upload the details. Would be great if manufacturers could get special accounts to edit any posts made for their product lines.

The way it is: the person who submits a module is the only one who has all edit rights (even delete). Practical owns it. So hurry up to upload all modules wink
But for sure I can implement a manufacturer account or simply remap existing modules. Point is: I am not sure if people will like the planner enough and if I should put more time in the project ... will wait and see

intellijel wrote:

I would also love if you could add the ability to make virtual patch wires.

not planned in the near future ...
algorhythm
Bookmarked! Wow! This is great. thumbs up
elektrokick
One thing though: there should be an option the enter the module prices in both euros and usd, to avoid confusion thumbs up
haima
WOW. this is really awesome. great job!
solitud
elektrokick wrote:
One thing though: there should be an option the enter the module prices in both euros and usd, to avoid confusion thumbs up

Thanks for the uploads! Added US prices to feature list.
bouzoukijoe1
I love the YouTube auto search. woah
haima
some more ideas:

- should have +ve and -ve current fields.


EDIT, never mind - I realised you can select multiple module types...

*** should have "function generator" or "multi-function" as a module type - I didn't know where to put maths! ***
solitud
haima wrote:
some more ideas:

- should have +ve and -ve current fields.


EDIT, never mind - I realised you can select multiple module types...

*** should have "function generator" or "multi-function" as a module type - I didn't know where to put maths! ***


o.k. added function generator
haima
also - i guess there's a slight issue as now there's two "maths" in the database...

maybe make it so you can't add a module that has the same name?
haima
also - maybe a field for "URL" that could link the manufacturer webpage?

sorry for all the feature requests - you've done an amazing job!
solitud
haima wrote:
also - i guess there's a slight issue as now there's two "maths" in the database...

maybe make it so you can't add a module that has the same name?

good idea, will implement such a function. didnt expect that wigglers upload so fast!
defenestration
could there possibly be private modules? I certainly would like to make entries for many of my DIY modules to make rack planning easier but there is no reason to have those modules be publicly accessible and cluttering up the public database

AND THANK YOU!! w00t MY ASS IS BLEEDING
simfonik
Very cool!

I added a module and some comments on initial observations.
solitud
defenestration wrote:
could there possibly be private modules? I certainly would like to make entries for many of my DIY modules to make rack planning easier but there is no reason to have those modules be publicly accessible and cluttering up the public database

AND THANK YOU!! w00t MY ASS IS BLEEDING

This feature is not planned, but I will consider it. In the meantime: don't be shy and show your work to the community!
simfonik
@ jnlkrt - can you submit a better cropped image of the DPO? Those white edges are going to drive me nuts. hihi
simfonik
More suggestions:

UTF-8 support
Currency option
Floats on depth field
defenestration
solitud wrote:

This feature is not planned, but I will consider it. In the meantime: don't be shy and show your work to the community!


I'm only building other people's designs other than very simple things. For popular DIY designs that have 'stock' panels (some hexinverter, L-1, random looping sequencer, etc.) it makes sense to have a public entry, but my 18hp dual tabula rasa and my 33hp sympleseqs and various 4-8hp utilities would mainly just be clutter, and perhaps be confusing to newcomers browsing the database. I have no qualms making public entries for them but might get annoyed by similar entries by other users when I'm browsing the database looking for 'manufactured' modules - perhaps a tag for 'manufactured' vs 'DIY'?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next [all]
Page 1 of 63
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group