MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sequencer - Up or Down?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Sequencer - Up or Down?
the bad producer
Hello,
I've just finished a little CGS 8 step pulse sequencer, and while I was wiring it to the panel I thought "should the sequence go UP or DOWN". I mean should it start from 1 at the top and step down, or 1 at the bottom and step up.

Maybe I think too much, but I have arrived at the theory that UP is better than DOWN, I mean, I know most Doepfer etc stuff steps down...
But maybe UP is happier, more jolly... uplifting, like watching bubbles in the foam... whereas DOWN is sadder, and leads to melancholia and all its ills...

Does anyone else worry about these kind of things?
or am I nuts
Roycie Roller
lol how about round & round & round Tinfoil Hat
I think i saw a Modcan module with LED's going up. It was a great contrast to the ones going down or across in the modules next to it.

(btw, thanks for explaining your lettering process, i saw another idea using letter punches which i think i'll try- they sell some good fonts, & it's relatively inexpensive)
wetterberg
4 rows:

1 2
3 4 5
6 7

That way you DEFINITILY won't conform to any old behaviour when using it wink
DGTom
lol wetterberg!

I have put together a few counters / shift registers in a rush, assumed the pin out was 'sequential' & ended up with some pretty cool quasi random outs!

They do look pretty cool when blinken... I just had an idea for the artsy cousin to the Milton.... the Tzara, the panel layout is created by just sticking outputs / inputs any old place grin

My Lunetta panels are a mixed bag, I have a divider that goes 'up' so the output nearest the input is /2 & the further you get away from the input (bottom left corner) the 'more divided' the output. Makes sense to me, but signal flow tends to go up for me.
the bad producer
Well, I think your thoughts have triggered ideas for different ways of arranging sequencers and stuff, and as I've got 16 to make, I might try a few in different ways, so look in the future for postings of a "Roycie Roller Round Rhythmizer", a "12-345-67-8 Wetterberg Pulser" and a "DGTom DGTzara"...

If I may be so bold...

thumbs up
Roycie Roller
Sounds good! Actually, this post got me thinking about how to be more creative with LED's. Zig-zag patterns would be fun i reckon!
the bad producer

nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners
Kent
That is fucking awesome!!!1!

nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners applause
Roycie Roller
the bad producer wrote:

woah woah woah
wetterberg
FARK THAT IS SO EPIC!
BugBrand
Oh Oh Oh Amazingly Wonderful!
Muff Wiggler
OMG! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

amazing
sandyb
excellent
screaming goo yo
LDT
Totally badass!
I dig the colours too.
JohnLRice
KILLER!!!! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
neandrewthal
EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE SAID.....BUT BETTER we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
Luka
hehe cool
sduck
I wish I had come up with some smart ass idea so I could get my name on a module!
Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Dead Banana
pickleinn
awesome color!!

maybe you already answered....but how did you do the panel color and graphics?

thumbs up Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!

Ryan
DGTom
woah woah

So nice!

love love love Lotsa Love
ehdyn
Geometric transformations of the Roycie Roller via asymmetrically clustered groupings of the Wetterberg function-Clocked/Rhythmically reset by the DGTom... MY ASS IS BLEEDING

That's what I want to hear thumbs up
the bad producer
Wow, thanks for all the encouraging words guys! I'm glad you like them, I've finally got a colour scheme/format that I'm happy with, after what seems like about ten years of poncing around! So Banana Frac it is! (though at times I still find myself drawn to the Euro format, I think EuroBanana could be cool, actually TBH if meat pies had banana sockets I'd be there too...confused nanners )

pickleinn - I think I posted, yes, here, in this thread:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7307&start=0&postday s=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

how the graphics are done. The paint is Marabu Buntlack (I think it is a German company?) I now realise how important the finish is to getting the transfers to sit well, I tried with a couple of brands of gloss spray paint (like 'trendy graffiti paint' brands) and it was pretty shit - this paint is amazing actually, it is matt, and dries in about ten minutes, the finish is perfect for the transfers, and they do a satin varnish to protect the letters, which also dries in about ten minutes. When they're done, they look and FEEL amazing!

My next step is to use a computer graphics program (FPE, Illustrator etc) to make the tick marks that go around knobs, and then try and transfer those on - I'd really love to do a matt panel, with gloss lettering in the same colour (I can get the transfers colour matched to the RAL chart).

I've got two Klees - one behind a temporary MDF panel, and another in a small pile in the corner - I thought a round one would be really cool, like the one you built Neandrewthal, and also a random one (like the DGTom DGTzara) with knobs, switches and buttons all over the place might be quite interesting... the mind boggles with that though!

Charlie
BugBrand
http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/frontdesigner.html

!!

(banana Frac - oh yes - one thing I keep on saying (I think?) about Frac over Euro is that the fixed width is actually a very positive aspect - it makes it far easier to swap around a system.)
the bad producer
BugBrand wrote:
http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/frontdesigner.html

!!

(banana Frac - oh yes - one thing I keep on saying (I think?) about Frac over Euro is that the fixed width is actually a very positive aspect - it makes it far easier to swap around a system.)

I totally agree on that! Thanks for the link - I actually was a little confused and thought that when people talked about Front Panel Designer, they were talking about Front Panel Express - I see now that I was a dolt! I'll be trying that out today then - thanks Tom!

thumbs up

Charlie
otherunicorn
the bad producer wrote:

If you can't drill two holes in a row, the middle one is the ideal design!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2