MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac Lack.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Frac Lack.
Kendall Station
I'd like to think I've got my finger on the pulse but it seems that one big thing missing in frac format is more fx modules. this realization came to mind when missing a TIme Machine for sale. I would absolutely *love* a delay / echo in my modulatorium or perhaps a verb.

is there anything out there? am I missing something?
parasitk
One day there will be both Bugbrand and Flight of Harmony delays in mini-jack Frac format available to all. One day!
panda30y
Muff and 2012 were just discussing how the Tip Top Audio z5000 can run off of +/- 15V.
Mood Organ
You can have lots of fun making Frac talk to Moogerfoogers FWIW. They sure take up some space, though.
Exuviae
Time Machine.

Fuck Yes. 8_)

Otherwise; not much waah
johnnymad
sadly, there aren't many options in frac right now besides the bread and butter modules. that's one of the reasons i jumped into euroland. i wanted a spring reverb badly, and bought the doepfer one from ah. then flight fixed up a power supply for me. the rest is really expensive history.
Cat-A-Tonic
Blacet mentioned some of his options for future developments about a year ago,
and a new delay module was one of the considerations.
Let's hope he follows through with this one.

The BugBrand PT Delay is alot of fun. w00t
When it gets released all Frac'ers shall rejoice.

I look forward to having more than one delay in my system some day.

In response to the orginal post, and the course of the thread thus far...
Don't you consider 'FX' to include:
filters, phasers, ring mods, overdrive, distortion, wave shapers, suboctaves, sample-rate reducers, panners....?

and then there are also things that can be patched up like an envelope + VCA can create 'Slow Gear' type volume swells.

An audio sync effect like the MoogerFooger Freq.Box is achieved easily in Frac.

Especially when you're processesing external audio it is easy to think of most of the modular rig as an effects box isn't it?

Perhaps your definition of FX is a bit more strict than mine. seriously, i just don't get it
Mood Organ
Just out of curiosity, is there any compelling reason to have yr reverb in a synth module? The ways I can think of that I'd want to use VC for verb all involve mixing and would be easy to do with VCAs.
johnnymad
i just like the sound of a reverb tank i guess. seriously, i just don't get it
thetwlo
Mood Organ wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is there any compelling reason to have yr reverb in a synth module? ...

see Neural Agonizer:
http://tellun.com/motm/diy/tln156/TLN-156.html
Mood Organ
johnnymad wrote:
i just like the sound of a reverb tank i guess. seriously, i just don't get it

There's other ways. You can build one pretty easily (or so I understand). Order a reverb tank or steal one from a guitar amp and do a little wiring. If you feel like dropping some loot, check out Zerotronics... not cheap, but sounds flippin amazing IMO.
johnnymad
i thought about building one at the time, but i was a little diyed out, so to speak.
panda30y
How about building a modular into a plate reverb!? hyper
DGTom
VC decay of a digital verb in the modular would be rad! The Z5K got alot more interesting with this latest Rev.

The Time Machine is cool, I didn't really gel with it, maybe I just expected it to sound more like the Boss DM-3 I've had for 10+ years & when it didn't... seriously, i just don't get it

I freaking love Lotsa Love VC digital delay tho! Give the first few secs. of this a listen;

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/252415/Qube__1.mp3

Delayed silence for the epic win!

I've got a bunch of PT chips I'll be building into modules & take a look at this;

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-35276.html

screaming goo yo

once you have the VC Delay, analog or (&) digi, you can patch up most FX.
Kendall Station
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:

In response to the orginal post, and the course of the thread thus far...
Don't you consider 'FX' to include:
filters, phasers, ring mods, overdrive, distortion, wave shapers, suboctaves, sample-rate reducers, panners....?

Absolutely. and those are all available I was more mentioning what I'd like to see.....esp some sort of delay module. I know a guy who has gutted verbs out of old organs and racked them up, not in a module per se but still in the rack.

It would be great to see Blacet drop a bomb like that they'd go flying out the door.
Kendall Station
panda30y wrote:
Muff and 2012 were just discussing how the Tip Top Audio z5000 can run off of +/- 15V.

Is this a fact? Hmmmm beard scratch.
wetterberg
I just have to say that the BugBrand PTdelay is so epic.

I have two of them in my system, and their status is a firm: "from my cold dead hands" type of thing.
vurt
wetterberg wrote:
I just have to say that the BugBrand PTdelay is so epic.

I have two of them in my system, and their status is a firm: "from my cold dead hands" type of thing.

just the one here so far, but if i get more space there is a chance i may have to up that, it is very crunchy love
Cat-A-Tonic
The PT Delay is beautiful indeed.
I can definitely see how 2 would be useful in a system.
Lately I tend to patch the delay out to the VC Fade/Pan.
It is fun to make signals pan at audio rates following the frequency of the source dynamically.
haricots
Are all you guys part of the '12 system club' or are you able to buy individual modules? I never see them for sale. seriously, i just don't get it
wetterberg
@haricots: I can only speak for myself, but here it was a lot of damned-near harassment on my part oops

so yeah, I think I have the only two minijack frac ptDelays out there?

It *will* happen though, Bugs is just working on a ton of stuff. And a brotha needs some time off at times too! Guinness ftw!

All in good time, I say... but then again, I'm "in the club", so who am I to say?

I for one would love to see the BugCrusher hit the shelves soon too! That thing is a BEAST!
Kwote
This will piss you off until you have one but...

TIME MACHINE!!!

Kendall Station
I would love a time machine but a bit hard to come by nowdays aren't they?
DGTom
& over hyped to buggery... they really are not the be-all-&-end-all

had one, sold it seriously, i just don't get it

I do have a preferance for the more digital side of the fence tho I love my DM-3.
panda30y
I've been wanting a time machine for quite some time now. I think malekko has one of the best setups i've seen, and I just always wonder how he mangles that time machine of his.

DGTom
They probably are over-hyped, but it's only because they were the only manufactured delay available in frac. And as to preference, I love them both!

I should throw some vactrols into my RE-201! SlayerBadger! Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2