MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mini Wave Rom Options?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Mini Wave Rom Options?
Exuviae
Hey all-

I was wondering if anyone uses the Grant Richter GR-PPG/VS Rom that Hylander sells in their Mini Wave and can tell if the wave are interpolated or choppy?

I'm looking for an alternate Rom for my Socket Rocket and would like something that is interpolated.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Brooks
Exuviae
wow. tough room... razz
parasitk
Umm I don't know? I have this ROM, but I've never tried it. Once the Scale Quantizer went in, it never came out. seriously, i just don't get it
DGTom
parasitk wrote:
Once the Scale Quantizer went in, it never came out. seriously, i just don't get it

I bought a 2nd MW for just that reason!

The PPG waves have always interested me but I don't think I've heard much of em.
plord
Let me check if I've still got that one in my Hylander Expander and I'll let you know later this evening. To be honest, since I installed Cary's MiniROM my expander is pinned to that bank 100% of the time.
Cat-A-Tonic
I know this doesn't relate directly to your question, but...

Wouldn't it be cool if there was another PROM like the Scale Quantizer
that was based on non-standard tunings like Bohlen-Pierce and Harry Partch?

I know there is that H-Pi box for MIDI quantization,
but I don't think there is anything CV oriented.
plord
Unfortunately, I can confirm, the GR-PPG/VS ROM is not interpolated. It is a straight copy of the banks in the machines, which as you may or may not know, handled all of their clever interpolating through some reference pointer system. So they jump all over the place timbrally. Cool for rhythmic FX, not so cool for Wavestation/Microwave style sweeps.
Exuviae
Thanks, Plord!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1