MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

ADDAC System VCO 701 Raw Demo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author ADDAC System VCO 701 Raw Demo
DonKartofflo
Hey folks, since a couple of people have expressed interest and since this VCO gets far to little attention, I hereby provide a link to my soundcloud where I uploaded raw waveform and pitch sweep demos of it so you can hear just how great it is.
But please, download the .wav files, since soundcloud fucked up the sound quality and intrduced some phasing seriously, i just don't get it

enjoy!
Don

[s]http://snd.sc/Qbv8eq[/s]
brickman
Thanks for doing that Don . That oscillator sounds badass .
DonKartofflo
brickman wrote:
Thanks for doing that Don . That oscillator sounds badass .

no problem man thumbs up

I recorded a drone patch with the 701 at its core today and made a hip hop beat out of it for a pal. When we went to his house to try it on his systema dn with a mic, we had to turn down the subwoofer because the bass frequencies became so intense! I do not own a sub so this was really out of the blue for me haha applause This VCO will shake your windows!
dmod
Cool thanks man I have been hearing how great these are but cant find crap for any vco demos like this. I am a huge fan of the more "vintage" sound but love all the eurorack creativity so i am naturally interested in these. How do you like this vco so far or this company in general? thanks.
DonKartofflo
dmod wrote:
Cool thanks man I have been hearing how great these are but cant find crap for any vco demos like this. I am a huge fan of the more "vintage" sound but love all the eurorack creativity so i am naturally interested in these. How do you like this vco so far or this company in general? thanks.

Hey dmod there is definitely a vintage vibe about this vco although the sine is almost perfect and the general tracking and stability is superb.
I would say it is not antique vintage but rather perfectioned with a vintage vibe. thumbs up
dj_bluefalcon
Ya know, this thing sounds straight ballsy. Good work, ADDAC!

Does it seriously go all the way to 40khz? NUTS. and AWESOME.

Let's make a new genre of music we physically can't hear.
DonKartofflo
dj_bluefalcon wrote:

Let's make a new genre of music we physically can't hear.

Its called video synthesis thumbs up
dj_bluefalcon
DonKartofflo wrote:

Its called video synthesis thumbs up

only if it's in the parts of the em spectrum our eyes can't detect. xray synthesis? sure. ultraviolet synthesis. ok.
DonKartofflo
Dead Banana Dead Banana lets do it!
flo
Yesterday I got the two 701s I ordered some weeks back, S/N 22 and 23 (I thought that's worth a mentioning, I hadn't figured there's so little of these out there).

First impressions:

• The sound of this thing is awesome! Pure analog goodness.
  • Build quality is superb. Up there with Cwejman I'd say.
  • Tracking is absolutely stable, it's up there with my VCO6. Everything working perfectly after racking them up, no calibration or anything needed. (The VCO6 has one more value on the octave switches, i.e. one octave higher by just using the switch.)
  • I love the fact that it has both octave switches and also the ability to turn the fine tune into a coarse. Octave switches are really important for me, and this is the best way to do it actually - best of both worlds.
  • The multiway switches (octaves and aux out) have two values more than is marked - the two additional settings are the same as the highest. I suppose they couldn't find a nice six-way switch or something smile
  • They fixed the spelling error in the sync section! grin
  • The sync switch is three positions, haven't figured out whether the middle setting does anything, and if what it is exactly (maybe sync off?)...
  • They included plastic washers for the modules! That's very nice.

So far so good, this osc is really love at first sight. Two of them together is just unbelievably otherworldly. SlayerBadger!

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
dmod
I would love to hear two of these bad boys through a good latter filter. They are supposedly a clone of the COTK vcos which is a Moog clone. hyper
flo
Well I could supply you with the two of them through a MMF1... hihi Not necessarily Moog but certainly "a good ladder filter" SlayerBadger!
dmod
flo wrote:
Well I could supply you with the two of them through a MMF1... hihi Not necessarily Moog but certainly "a good ladder filter" SlayerBadger!
Yes please just to get an idea of wat the could sound like through a proper ladder filter. I am drawn to these but am also considering the Macbeth Micromac. MiniMoog
flo
Alright, I'll try to get something together the next days.

Anything particular that you'd be interested in? Bass, lead, waveforms, sequenced or not, etc.?
dmod
flo wrote:
Alright, I'll try to get something together the next days.

Anything particular that you'd be interested in? Bass, lead, waveforms, sequenced or not, etc.?
Well a what ever you have fun with is fine for me. A little bass or lower frequencies never hurt anyone. Just want to get an idea of what these babies sound like in context with a good filter or n a melodic (east coast) way. Maybe some sawtooth filter sweeps and some PWM filter sweeps both with no res, low res and higher res. Up to you. Have fun. Thanks man.
Cheers! thumbs up
flo
Alright here's just some fiddling around.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/pflosisynthdemos/addac701-x-2-demo[/s]

Go to soundcloud to download the .aif in order to hear it without the uploading restraints hihi https://soundcloud.com/pflosisynthdemos/addac701-x-2-demo

René is sequencing via Quantimator; Maths provides the envelope, filter is MMF1 to the 4ms VCA Matrix. PWM from PEG. RG6 provides a little bit of random to the MMF1 and a random gate to activate slide on René.

Some pops and clicks here and there from switching the buttons abruptly, but I think you should get the general idea. thumbs up

Look at the thing! Pure beauty. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Hope you enjoy it! SlayerBadger!
mafouka
SICK TITS
DonKartofflo
God they look so good together woah
They also sound so good together, I am so damn jealous! lol
dmod
Cool thanks FLO they sound great. Very beefy and nice PWM. They seem to track pretty well too. Oh and they look very cool very well solid built! thumbs up
Man I am torn between getting a few of these with a good latter filter or the Macbeth Micromac? hmmm..... First choice with the 701s would be more expensive but a bit more powerful for sure. The Micromac has most of what you need built in and sounds great too but i like the idea of keeping it true modular with separate vcos and all? nice demo and thank you. I would be curious to hear some FM of the vcos as well I bet they sound good. Cheers!
flo
Thanks guys, was fun! applause Don't forget that the MMF1 plays a big part as well hihi

DonKartofflo, you could always buy another wink SlayerBadger!

For my purposes the real advantages compared to the Micromac are the octave switches and simultaneous waveform outputs. That said the Micromac must be very nice too - I think I'd get the desktop version if I'd be looking at it, it's a nice self-contained box.

I'll see whether I can get a proper FM wiggle together soon hihi

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
DonKartofflo
dmod wrote:
Cool thanks FLO they sound great. Very beefy and nice PWM. They seem to track pretty well too. Oh and they look very cool very well solid built! thumbs up
Man I am torn between getting a few of these with a good latter filter or the Macbeth Micromac? hmmm..... First choice with the 701s would be more expensive but a bit more powerful for sure. The Micromac has most of what you need built in and sounds great too but i like the idea of keeping it true modular with separate vcos and all? nice demo and thank you. I would be curious to hear some FM of the vcos as well I bet they sound good. Cheers!

Trust me: not going fully modular will always be nagging you when you miss that one cv in or audio out!
Also, i did an fm demo a couple weeks ago:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/lukas-k-1/701-1[/s]
flo wrote:

guys, was fun! applause Don't forget that the MMF1 plays a big part as well hihiDonKartofflo, you could always buy another wink SlayerBadger!

For my purposes the real advantages compared to the Micromac are the octave switches and simultaneous waveform outputs. That said the Micromac must be very nice too - I think I'd get the desktop version if I'd be looking at it, it's a nice self-contained box.

I'll see whether I can get a proper FM wiggle together soon hihi

Cheers! Guinness ftw!

Trust me, I will buy another as soon as funds allow! lol
I also think the octave switch is really important, especially if you are into traditional keyboard playing or sequencing from a daw. helps you get variety into sequence and its the only feature I miss about my furthrrr generator!
flo
Nice demo DonKartofflo! applause

I figured I'd think of a nice single patch to show some FM possibilities, so I came up with some freaked out theremin from outer space patch. hihi Complements the nice multi-track demo of Mr Kartofflo well IMO.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/pflosisynthdemos/addac701-fm-demo-theremin-fr om[/s]

https://soundcloud.com/pflosisynthdemos/addac701-fm-demo-theremin-from

• You're hearing the sine of the 1st 701. Cheating a little bit - added some A199 spring verb to it (patched up as send / return via 4ms VCA matrix).
  • The sine of the 2nd 701 FMs the 1st 701.
  • A little bit of vibrato / tremolo by PEG to the 1st 701 and the VCAm.
  • Planar x-cv goes to Quantimator, Quantimator output to Maths for some slew and attenuation, then to the 1st 701.
  • Planar y-cv to the 2nd 701.

Basically I'm only wiggling the Planar and the FM intensity... Alien

Hope you enjoy it, cheers! Guinness ftw!
flo
BTW, Lukas, what did you use to FM the 701 in your demo?

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
DonKartofflo
flo wrote:
BTW, Lukas, what did you use to FM the 701 in your demo?

Cheers! Guinness ftw!

Afair, I used the various outputs from my furthrrr generator... A sine, one time a saw i believe... seriously, i just don't get it
Your track is really nice! When the f, slowly creeps in, it really sounds fucking nice, could hear some light formants in there. I love when that happens! lol
flo
DonKartofflo wrote:
Afair, I used the various outputs from my furthrrr generator... A sine, one time a saw i believe... seriously, i just don't get it

I see, good to know. thumbs up

DonKartofflo wrote:
Your track is really nice! When the f, slowly creeps in, it really sounds fucking nice, could hear some light formants in there. I love when that happens! lol

Thanks man! Yeah it FMs really nice, definitely some potential for formants with the right frequency ratio of the two oscs. That patch was also really fun to wiggle around with the Planar and FM intensity, I think it shows a broad range of potential FM sounds from these two bad boys. SlayerBadger!

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2