MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet Miniwave Smoothingnessitude.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet Miniwave Smoothingnessitude.
Kendall Station
wiggle me this -

Hey was wondering if anyone had any ideas for more smoothinessitude when using cv to switch between waveforms in a MW. Would love to not have those clicks / jumps etc.
plord
Hm, couple things. How recently have you calibrated it? You can put it on a scope and two of the trimmers adjust the crossing point. IIRC, bank1 wave1 is a sine or triangle so it should be easy to spot the discontinuity visually if it's out of alignment. If you fix one, the rest will line up for *some* banks. the stock ROM definitely has some discontinuous banks in it.

Another alternative it to invest in one of the completely smoothly interpolated ROMS, the Vector 1 and 2 or Morphine. Although, if you've not got it calibrated, those will sound awful too. So sayeth the Voice of Experience.

Do you have the docs? They'll tell you which trimmers to go after. If not I should have those docs somewhere here but it may take me a bit to find them.
DGTom
I can say that the Morphine ROM is much smoother than the stock. Its really nice for sounds which don't sound as digital. I kind of like the glitchy clicks n pops sometimes tho, in general as well as MW specific, but I do have one of the factory ROMs from my 2 MWs on the shelf.
Liquidcolor
Seconded on the Morphine ROM. Very smooth transition from wave to wave. It's permanently in one of my WFC's.
Kendall Station
thx for the help guys, so you're saying that if properly calibrated the wavetables *should* line up when changing the 'wave select' with cv?

not sure if you were talking about the wave select for just the cycle repetitions on a selected wave.

I'll borrow a scope and give it a shot. also take the advice on the morphine roms as well.
DGTom
Oh wait, do you mean 'Bank Select' or 'Wave Select' ? (top or bottom)
I don't see how Banks would line up, unless, they were designed that way. Are any designed that way? That would be pretty awesome & decadent!
plord
KS, yes, moving from wave to wave via CV is smooth for *some* banks of *some ROMs (Morphine for every bank, others not so much). And the Vector 1 and Vector 2 are aligned for wave AND bank. You can joystick around the 16x16 matrix and it's smooth in every direction.
Kwote
How about Carey Robert's Mini-Rom wink wink
tragedybysyntax
thought they were sold out?
Kwote
tragedybysyntax wrote:
thought they were sold out?

Not sure. Haven't been to the site in awhile. I was mostly just gloating cuz I'm an asshole Bop!
DGTom
plord wrote:
And the Vector 1 and Vector 2 are aligned for wave AND bank. You can joystick around the 16x16 matrix and it's smooth in every direction.

:drool:

... now to figure out how to fit in a 3rd MW hmmm.....
plord
DGTom wrote:
plord wrote:
And the Vector 1 and Vector 2 are aligned for wave AND bank. You can joystick around the 16x16 matrix and it's smooth in every direction.

Heh. Keep in mind that Vector1 is rather simple: square, saw, tri, sine at the 4 corners, smoothly interpolated at all ppoints in between. Just by itself...kinda subtle. Used as an FM source? we're not worthy
Kendall Station
DGTom wrote:
plord wrote:

There's ways to do that I hear. I emailed Matthew at http://www.stretta.com/~matthew/resources/waveproms/ about a Morphine and Scale Rom (love my quantizing) but no response yet.

More importantly I went back through my stock MW ROM and swept through some of the waves in banks that were meant to be smooth transitions as per the manual (or the addendum to the manual). Not to glitchy but there were enough seriously audible jumps (not pops per se).

Also, I tried clocking the trigger pattern banks and they didn't line up, probably more my style but regardless I just need to borrow a scope and line up the waves proper.

still hoping on that morphine and scale set smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1