MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC wav player only playing 36 wavs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author ADDAC wav player only playing 36 wavs
tom moody
I haven't been using long-ish samples in the ADDAC players -- clearly I need to experiment more. The Nebulae is great for converting defined sounds into ambient sounds; as a one-shot player I found it had too much latency to sync well with other instruments, possibly because, as you noted, it's not streaming from the card.
Your DIY players sound very interesting, in particular that idea of using a hard panned beep for sync.
Reason's Grain instrument appears similar to (but more fleshed out than) a "free" Reaktor Tips instrument, Frame 3 ( https://reaktortips.com/category/instruments/frame ). Recommended but you have to have Reaktor to use it.
I wonder if metadata is the culprit for why my ADDAC files made in Wavelab on W7-64 don't work (even using the Cleaner on Mac). The older Wavelab on XP worked fine, but as I recall it had no metadata functionality. Audacity has a prompt to add metadata to the wav on export but I instinctively chose "no." And those wavs work fine in the ADDAC.
tom moody
On second thought, scratch that, because Wavelab lite running on Mac also makes files that play nice with the ADDAC. I wish I knew why the ADDAC players don't like my W7-64 files but it's a moot point since I'm moving most of my audio activity over to Linux these days and Audacity seems to work fine.
ADDAC System
ADDAC 111 now supports up to 72 files. Check it out hihi

http://www.addacsystem.com/news/new-firmware-update-addac101-addac111- wav-players
tom moody
Thanks, I'm getting a USB to serial converter soon and look forward to trying out the firmware update.
ADDAC System
Glad to hear it!
tom moody
I never got the firmware update to work. I wasn't able to figure out if the problem was the FTDI driver not liking the chip in the USB-to-serial converter, or some other issue. I can live with 36 wavs but was hoping to be able to get my ADDAC wav players completely up to date. I like both the 101 and 111 models quite a bit!
groovar
RmDir /s /q "e:\System Volume Information

isnt doing anything....getting frustrated havent gotten an SD to work please help anyone pleeeeease
tom moody
What OS are you using to save the files to the SD?
groovar
Windows 10 pro, new MS book

Made a little progress today with 1/5 cards. So I did something right somewhere. Going to reverse engineer that one and take better notes and hopefully find glory soon
OlivierWah
groovar wrote:
RmDir /s /q "e:\System Volume Information

isnt doing anything....getting frustrated havent gotten an SD to work please help anyone pleeeeease

It's work for me, do you replace "e" by the letter of the SD Card ? You dont miss the last " (doble quote) at the end of command line ?

RmDir /s /q "e:\System Volume Information"
groovar
yes i did that, when i hit enter it just brings me back to command prompt, does that mean it works?

so in this order:

1)format card

2)run command

3)drag files

that should do it?
OlivierWah
I run the command after drag files because when you move files, it's seems sometimes that dir (System Volume Information) will be filled.
I drag files, I run the command, then I eject it.
groovar
ok thank you I am trying that now

so command is last step, maybe thats what has been plaguing me
groovar
GLORY BE AT LAST AND FOR ALL TO KNOW CLEARLY:

Windows 10 Pro

Follow all Addac instructions AND

in this order:

1)format card

2)add files (samples)

3)run program from command prompt

It works glory be to thine on hiiiggghhhhh

Thank you OlivierWah

Relief has washed over me in an awesome way
OlivierWah
Cool !

And to be really clear and safe all the time, I prevent the creation of that folder, I follow that tutorial:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/prevent-system-volume-information-folde r-usb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2