MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC wav player only playing 36 wavs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC wav player only playing 36 wavs
tom moody
I emailed ADDAC about this and got no reply. I adhered to the naming convention for wavs (a.wav, b.wav ... 0.wav, 1.wav ... aa.wav, bb.wav, etc)
but if I try to load more than 36 wavs the disc LED shows error. The 36 wavs play fine but it's supposed to have a 72 wav capacity. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?
tom moody
Thanks to whoever moved my comment over to this ADDAC forum. I swear I didn't know this was here.
Reading previous comments in this forum I guess I'm lucky to have cards that play 36 wavs.
I have been using San Disk 2 GB cards but I have the same 36 wav limit problem using the 1 GB card that shipped with the module.
I am using Windows XP and 7 and have the same (36 wav limit) issue using either operating system.
seamonkeyman
Weird. Mine is running 72 ok. Have you tried reformatting the card with a digital camera, rather than the comp? Initially I had some issues, but once I formatted in my bog standard Sony camera it was fine. I'm using Sandisk 4gb cards with no problems.

You know that the b.wav file needs to be small? I think it's mentioned in the PDF manual somewhere. I've found ADDAC to be very friendly, so I'm surprised you've not heard back.

Hope the camera formatting helps (no idea why it seems to work!)
tom moody
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately my Sony camera is old and uses the dreaded "memory stick." I never actually formatted the card in the computer. My PC read the 4 wav files that came on the included card and then those played fine in the module so I saw no need to reformat. According to my PC the properties of the card are FAT16. I didn't have a problem until I tried adding "aa.wav, bb.wav, etc" and up to the card. Then I hit the max 36 limit.
I was a bit bummed I didn't get a reply to my email -- I figured it was one of those "use the forum" situations so I came here.
tom moody
Oh, yes, and my b.wavs are all under 500KB (as per the manual) but thanks for the suggestion.
seamonkeyman
I also had some problems with the original card once I started adding files/generally messing about. It may be worth a go experimenting with another card formatted in a mate's camera (don't think it need to be Sony camera, that's just what I have). I've just ordered some Thomann cards, so once those turn up I'll let you know if they work straight out of the box.

Sorry I can't be more help, I've read about card issues in other threads, and heard the formatting answer elsewhere. Reformatting under OSX or windows 7 didn't seem to work for me, very weird.
tom moody
I will ask around and see if I can find someone with a SD card-using camera. Certainly worth a shot, no pun intended. Will let you know how it goes, thanks.
ams
I've run into exactly the same issue - I can only play 36 files on the ADDAC111 - and this is with an SD card supplied by ADDAC. I've sent them an email but would be grateful to hear if anyone has found a way round this issue.

Robert
Summa
did you try the new App?

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118364
ams
Summa wrote:
did you try the new App?

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118364

I'm on Windows rather than OSX but I might try reformatting the SD card to see if that helps.

Robert
ams
OK, well I've had it confirmed from Andre that this module can actually only handle 36 WAV files.

I've asked if he can update the documentation.

Robert
ersatzplanet
Is this the v2 of the module? Mine is a v1 module.
ams
ersatzplanet wrote:

It's an ADDAC111 rather than a 101 if that's what you mean. It's dated 2013.

Robert
ersatzplanet
ams wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

It's an ADDAC111 rather than a 101 if that's what you mean. It's dated 2013.

Robert

I was thinking this was about the 101, not the 111. There were two versions of the 101. I didn't know, and I guess, by the responses in this thread, many others didn't either, that this had changed between the 101 and the 111.
ams
ersatzplanet wrote:
I was thinking this was about the 101, not the 111. There were two versions of the 101. I didn't know, and I guess, by the responses in this thread, many others didn't either, that this had changed between the 101 and the 111.

Sadly not...

It's not a major issue - I can do what I need to do with 36 files but it's a shame it can't handle more.

Robert
tom moody
My original post was about the 101 model. I've been living with the 36 file limit and in fact just ordered the 111, assuming this had been fixed. Heh.
I'm on Windows so I don't really need the Mac cleaner linked to above. ADDAC says a Windows cleaner is on the way but that was almost 2 years ago.
mafouka
yo comrade, luckily there's a little work around windows cleaner, but it takes a little 1-2 step action:

Quote:
OK,

Andre got back to me quickly and informed me Win 8 now leaves hidden carrier files in SD cards now cry . . . Although, there is a solution!

The solution is to run Command Prompt from the start menu and then enter in the following prompt:

"RmDir /s /q "e:\System Volume Information"

remember you'll need to change the "e:\ suffix to whatever letter the SD card comes up as, depending on how many drives u got running in yr system. Mine was h:\ for example.

cheers

Just copy and paste the the command prompt and press enter, then remove the card.

from here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75158&postdays=0&pos torder=asc&start=125
tom moody
Thanks very much, I saw that but I haven't had any problems with the cards (yet), other than the 36 file limit, which appears to be a feature, not a bug.
I still have an XP computer that I use for the cards but it won't be around forever, so this will be helpful.
tom moody
I now have a Mac Mini, which I hate, except I can now use the ADDAC "cleaner" tool ( https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118364 ), which I like very much. Automatically renaming the files to a.wav, b.wav, etc is especially helpful.
bisquick
seamonkeyman wrote:
you know that the b.wav file needs to be small?

How small is small?
I'm really not into this WAV player because of all of the gotchas.
Honestly; why can't we just put whatever files we want into this thing and be done with it. I'm fine formatting them but I find it a bit arduous to have to format everything so carefully, to use a special app for removing data, to have to trim b.wav, to not be able to rely on the module loading the file it loaded last time, etc etc.

Does anyone else feel the same?
I'm sorry if I sound miffed; I've just honestly spent more time troubleshooting what is wrong w/ my SD card than I have actually using the thing, and I don't feel that it should be like that.
mafouka
^yo bisquick, i feel for you in some ways. . . beginning the .wav player ventures are a tough trial n error experiment, kinda like making yr first bisquick waffles, till you get a solid recipe down.

You gotta remember the 101 is one of the first ever eurorack samplers, ran off an Arduino chip, so's it's pretty prim compared to the newest stuff. Like i said though, once you get a systematic formatting habit down, you're set, and the results are very worth the time imo!

File b.wav has to be under 500kb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1