MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[PCBs] NeinOhNein CLAP -- a DIY TR-909 hand clap
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author [PCBs] NeinOhNein CLAP -- a DIY TR-909 hand clap
hexinverter
Hey guys!

Apologies for the redundant threads here in Music Tech DIY, but I've got a lot of TR-909 clone stuff coming out now that vcNOIZ is wrapping up and I feel they all deserve their own thread!

This is identical to the original 909 clap, other than having 3 added controls you will not find on any TR-909! These three controls let you warp and mangle the clap sound and shape it the way you like. The original design has NO control over the sound other than volume control!

Re:Synthesis will of course offer eurorack (and maybe other) panels for it like with all my projects!

PCBs are in stock! Please find project documentation at my project site here: http://cv.hexinverter.net/?projects=neinohnein--clap-v10

http://shop.hexinverter.net/product.php?id_product=38

nickster
Interested in this as well.
pre55ure
interested. Probably just 1 for me.
Luka
keen for one cheers
TWINSTATES
I'D LIKE ONE PLEASE
astroschnautzer
interested...
mckenic
Definitely interested in one but wont have cash for awhile...

Got to get the LHH & panel, panel for the Kick and panel for the SeqSquared first - along with figuring out the wiring for SimpleSeq v.1 smile

And BatteryACID pcb/Panel, VCNoize pcb/Panel... MAN your eating all my time & money hihi

thumbs up

Keep it up PLEASE!
rosch
you can count me in anyway wink
diablojoy
and also another one here please
regularjackson
In for one.
Revok
One of these too. Awesome!
daren
Interested!
decaying.sine
one for me too.

applause
ringstone
Yes, I'm in. A few things:

It might be interesting to add the few components needed to clone the TR-808 analogue noise source as an alternate noise source (as there are a lot of similarities between both clap circuits). The "clap" part is pretty much identical, the "reverb" somewhat different.

BA662A is used for both I think, which is impossible to get, but BA6110 is nearly identical (different pinout) and quite easy to find (I have a bunch sitting here).

I think a 2SA798 was used in the original (on the schematic I can't see what Q38 is, but it looks the same as the matched pair in the hi-hat circuit). TR-808 used a (presumably hand-matched) pair of discrete transistors, so I guess this isn't critical. 2SA798 are like hen's teeth due to their use in x0xbox.

Cheers
Blair
cleaninglady
i'm putting my hand up ! Dono-Kun Dance
Peake
Actually, I'm going to cut myself off on this one...
hexinverter
ringstone wrote:
Yes, I'm in. A few things:

It might be interesting to add the few components needed to clone the TR-808 analogue noise source as an alternate noise source (as there are a lot of similarities between both clap circuits). The "clap" part is pretty much identical, the "reverb" somewhat different.

BA662A is used for both I think, which is impossible to get, but BA6110 is nearly identical (different pinout) and quite easy to find (I have a bunch sitting here).

I think a 2SA798 was used in the original (on the schematic I can't see what Q38 is, but it looks the same as the matched pair in the hi-hat circuit). TR-808 used a (presumably hand-matched) pair of discrete transistors, so I guess this isn't critical. 2SA798 are like hen's teeth due to their use in x0xbox.

Cheers
Blair

Great ideas of course! But, in all honesty, I think it's a lot easier to spend $7 on the NTE4006 replacements which Mouser stocks, or, if you're really cheap order a couple off eBay for $3 or whatever. The CD4006 are really easy to find!

Adding more parts to the PCB means a larger, less euro friendly board and also increases the PCB cost to everyone as a direct result of larger area used...so, I don't think alternate parts are really worthwhile in this case. If the CD4006 used in the noise generator was a bit more uncommon I'd definitely consider it.

ALSO -- if you have built any one of my NeinOhNein modules which use the noise source (kick, snare and now clap) you just chain them together and they can all share one noise source!
Noha
yum, yes
zoot horn rollo
Interested in one! Thanks
mcop
My arm could be twisted to add one of these to my build pile hihi
raisinbag
Cool, I'll grab one it you make a panel for it that says "the clap".

Ok ya I will grab one anyway. (I guess I'll make my own panel for it)
hexinverter
Thanks for the interest so far, everyone! I should be able to route the boards in the next week or so, then the PCBs should be available sometime shortly into January smile
EMwhite
Yes, one for me, please.
whitewulfe
At least two for me. Given that they can be linked together, I might seriously look at three of this (and start acquiring an extra one of the others too!)
Peake
Oh good, it uses a 798. I've got three of those I had to buy as a set with the 1583s I got for the Miss10 oscillators. They're pulls and have cut leads and I haven't tested them beyond making sure the pinout is the same as the original.

Regarding the BA662A; that's also used in the XOXboxes and is ludicrously scarce as a result. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7