MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

FoH Delay...lay...lay..lay..ay...ay...y...???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author FoH Delay...lay...lay..lay..ay...ay...y...???
Exuviae
After doing a handful of recent and unrelated searches through the forum here, I kept stumbling across the mention of an upcoming FoH Delay/Echo module in a compact form (like the PB) and I saw it referenced more than once.

Insight?

I'm sure most of us would love something like this!
bar|none
flight just twittered about it today.

"Working on ths delay, damn these things are fun!"

At least I assume that is in reference to a new module. Sounds interesting.
Soy Sos
Yeah....he says one day soon...soon...soon...soon.............
Such is the curse of awesome one man operations.
I will buy 2 as soon as they are available.
I'm hoping for cheap digital delays
flight
Okay, okay: Yep, I'm working on the first FoH delay module right now. Work begins on the prototype tomorrow. It is a basic(-ish) digital delay - I forced myself to stamp out the feature creep - so it won't be very spendy. I won't have an idea on the price until the design is finalized, however.

Heh, what I was having fun with when I posted about it, was that you can turn the speed down so low that it just completely glitches out and starts making random crazy noises. Then you tweak the refeed control and it starts making noise-drum rhythm patterns that vary enough to stay interesting (pretty damn cool-sounding actually, I was rocking out for a bit... razz ). I was also playing with the CV inputs to get some other interesting sounds out of it. Mr. Green
Soy Sos
OK! Fucking tease, just gimmie one. lol
scozbor
yes looking forward to this. love
felix
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING


Dead Banana
DGTom
gagging for it is the term I would use!

+1 to killing feature creep. I have a $30 digi delay pedal which has a haxxored CV input & even with basically 0 options it is the shit! Can't wait to get my grubby mits on a proper delay... or 3!
Exuviae
Fucking sweet. Glad I asked!

Will this be in both Frac and Euro format like the others?
flight
Exuviae wrote:
Fucking sweet. Glad I asked!

Will this be in both Frac and Euro format like the others?


Well, here's where I have to drop the bomb - I can't do frac anymore. cry

The fracs have hardly sold at all. AH still has a decent stock of r.2.3 Plague Bearers, and almost all of the first batch of frac Choices - seriously, about a month ago he said he had sold two, so maybe 2-3 more have gone. I also have about $400 worth of frac panels (both PB and CH) sitting on my shelf collecting dust. I'd love to offer them, but nobody's buying and the stores don't want to carry them anymore.
panda30y
flight wrote:
Exuviae wrote:
Fucking sweet. Glad I asked!

Will this be in both Frac and Euro format like the others?


Well, here's where I have to drop the bomb - I can't do frac anymore. cry

The fracs have hardly sold at all. AH still has a decent stock of r.2.3 Plague Bearers, and almost all of the first batch of frac Choices - seriously, about a month ago he said he had sold two, so maybe 2-3 more have gone. I also have about $400 worth of frac panels (both PB and CH) sitting on my shelf collecting dust. I'd love to offer them, but nobody's buying and the stores don't want to carry them anymore.

waah waah waah waah waah
I understand though. Are you going to at least offer kits for us to build? we're not worthy
parasitk
flight wrote:
Well, here's where I have to drop the bomb - I can't do frac anymore. cry

The fracs have hardly sold at all. AH still has a decent stock of r.2.3 Plague Bearers, and almost all of the first batch of frac Choices - seriously, about a month ago he said he had sold two, so maybe 2-3 more have gone. I also have about $400 worth of frac panels (both PB and CH) sitting on my shelf collecting dust. I'd love to offer them, but nobody's buying and the stores don't want to carry them anymore.


Fuck, another one bites the dust. I will definitely be buying both PB v2.3 and Choices in Frac, once I have money to blow on modules again. I really would like the delay in Frac, so if you can offer barebones DIY kits, we'll just Frac our own (or put 'em in Serge panels with ...gasp... banana jacks!)
DGTom
argh! that sucks for you flight, especially being stuck with those panels! fukkin fraccers! stop DIYing... oh wait oops it seems the total lack of options in frac has resulted in users forgetting how to buy retail!

please do extend the barebones concept tho! Its such a great option!
flight
panda30y wrote:
... Are you going to at least offer kits for us to build? we're not worthy


Try and stop me!

As long as I am running this show, the kits will be available. Flat out. They are there for several reasons: 1) We're in tough times financially - *I* can't afford to buy modules, but this scene has real value and I want it to keep growing no matter what society does to itself. 2) To widen the field, make modulars easier to understand for the uninitiated ('cause the damn things are intimidating when your'e first trying to understand them). 3) Doing my part to further the study and creation of sound.

I don't have much time these days to update my website as much as it needs, so if you don't see a Barebones kit for a module, ask me about it; Like with the Choices. I do offer a Barebones, I just haven't had time to make a page for it. *sigh*
DGTom
we're not worthy we're not worthy

turn those left over frac panels into ninja stars to throw at passing cheapskate frac users *ducks*
panda30y
flight wrote:
panda30y wrote:
... Are you going to at least offer kits for us to build? we're not worthy


Try and stop me!

As long as I am running this show, the kits will be available. Flat out. They are there for several reasons: 1) We're in tough times financially - *I* can't afford to buy modules, but this scene has real value and I want it to keep growing no matter what society does to itself. 2) To widen the field, make modulars easier to understand for the uninitiated ('cause the damn things are intimidating when your'e first trying to understand them). 3) Doing my part to further the study and creation of sound.

I don't have much time these days to update my website as much as it needs, so if you don't see a Barebones kit for a module, ask me about it; Like with the Choices. I do offer a Barebones, I just haven't had time to make a page for it. *sigh*


Fucking fantastic to hear! applause Guinness ftw!

I really wish more manufacturers had this approach. You da man! thumbs up nanners
panda30y
DGTom wrote:
we're not worthy we're not worthy

turn those left over frac panels into ninja stars to throw at passing cheapskate frac users *ducks*


Spare me! I'm just a poor student! Ninja
parasitk
panda30y wrote:
DGTom wrote:
we're not worthy we're not worthy

turn those left over frac panels into ninja stars to throw at passing cheapskate frac users *ducks*


Spare me! I'm just a poor student! Ninja


And I've been unemployed for three years (for the most part)!
DGTom
same here guys cry I'm a student of life & havn't had a proper full-time job since I lost half of my left thumb a few years ago :empty pockets:
Umcorps
I don't want a delay.

I want it NOW hyper
panda30y
DGTom wrote:
same here guys cry I'm a student of life & havn't had a proper full-time job since I lost half of my left thumb a few years ago :empty pockets:

eek!
Sorry to hear.

But to make a rough transition back on topic, this delay is going to be sweet!
DGTom
Umcorps wrote:
I don't want a delay.

I want it NOW hyper


oh.. wait.... I see what you did there MY ASS IS BLEEDING

flight, anymore teases / leaks as to what this machine will include post feature creep eradication... sounds like maybe multiple CV & very slow clocking is possible... please dangle that carrot a little closer grin
computer controlled
Hmmmm.... interesting... i like delays

applause
Exuviae
Can we also assume a small module like 8hp?

Can't fuggin' wait!
VanEck
Quote:
Heh, what I was having fun with when I posted about it, was that you can turn the speed down so low that it just completely glitches out and starts making random crazy noises. Then you tweak the refeed control and it starts making noise-drum rhythm patterns that vary enough to stay interesting (pretty damn cool-sounding actually, I was rocking out for a bit... razz ). I was also playing with the CV inputs to get some other interesting sounds out of it


Now this is the type of stuff that gets me inspired! Hope you keep these "glitches" as "features" in the final design thumbs up

I am wondering, since delays are like potato chips... especially if you are using them in unconventional ways... do you plan on making double or quad delay units/modules? Daisy chaining delays are way too much fun for mutilating and glitching up sounds This is fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group