MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FoH Delay...lay...lay..lay..ay...ay...y...???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author FoH Delay...lay...lay..lay..ay...ay...y...???
Exuviae
After doing a handful of recent and unrelated searches through the forum here, I kept stumbling across the mention of an upcoming FoH Delay/Echo module in a compact form (like the PB) and I saw it referenced more than once.

Insight?

I'm sure most of us would love something like this!
bar|none
flight just twittered about it today.

"Working on ths delay, damn these things are fun!"

At least I assume that is in reference to a new module. Sounds interesting.
Soy Sos
Yeah....he says one day soon...soon...soon...soon.............
Such is the curse of awesome one man operations.
I will buy 2 as soon as they are available.
I'm hoping for cheap digital delays
flight
Okay, okay: Yep, I'm working on the first FoH delay module right now. Work begins on the prototype tomorrow. It is a basic(-ish) digital delay - I forced myself to stamp out the feature creep - so it won't be very spendy. I won't have an idea on the price until the design is finalized, however.

Heh, what I was having fun with when I posted about it, was that you can turn the speed down so low that it just completely glitches out and starts making random crazy noises. Then you tweak the refeed control and it starts making noise-drum rhythm patterns that vary enough to stay interesting (pretty damn cool-sounding actually, I was rocking out for a bit... razz ). I was also playing with the CV inputs to get some other interesting sounds out of it. Mr. Green
Soy Sos
OK! Fucking tease, just gimmie one. lol
scozbor
yes looking forward to this. love
felix
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Dead Banana
DGTom
gagging for it is the term I would use!

+1 to killing feature creep. I have a $30 digi delay pedal which has a haxxored CV input & even with basically 0 options it is the shit! Can't wait to get my grubby mits on a proper delay... or 3!
Exuviae
Fucking sweet. Glad I asked!

Will this be in both Frac and Euro format like the others?
flight
Exuviae wrote:

Well, here's where I have to drop the bomb - I can't do frac anymore. cry

The fracs have hardly sold at all. AH still has a decent stock of r.2.3 Plague Bearers, and almost all of the first batch of frac Choices - seriously, about a month ago he said he had sold two, so maybe 2-3 more have gone. I also have about $400 worth of frac panels (both PB and CH) sitting on my shelf collecting dust. I'd love to offer them, but nobody's buying and the stores don't want to carry them anymore.
panda30y
flight wrote:
Exuviae wrote:

The fracs have hardly sold at all. AH still has a decent stock of r.2.3 Plague Bearers, and almost all of the first batch of frac Choices - seriously, about a month ago he said he had sold two, so maybe 2-3 more have gone. I also have about $400 worth of frac panels (both PB and CH) sitting on my shelf collecting dust. I'd love to offer them, but nobody's buying and the stores don't want to carry them anymore.

waah waah waah waah waah
I understand though. Are you going to at least offer kits for us to build? we're not worthy
parasitk
flight wrote:

Fuck, another one bites the dust. I will definitely be buying both PB v2.3 and Choices in Frac, once I have money to blow on modules again. I really would like the delay in Frac, so if you can offer barebones DIY kits, we'll just Frac our own (or put 'em in Serge panels with ...gasp... banana jacks!)
DGTom
argh! that sucks for you flight, especially being stuck with those panels! fukkin fraccers! stop DIYing... oh wait oops it seems the total lack of options in frac has resulted in users forgetting how to buy retail!

please do extend the barebones concept tho! Its such a great option!
flight
panda30y wrote:
... Are you going to at least offer kits for us to build? we're not worthy

Try and stop me!

As long as I am running this show, the kits will be available. Flat out. They are there for several reasons: 1) We're in tough times financially - *I* can't afford to buy modules, but this scene has real value and I want it to keep growing no matter what society does to itself. 2) To widen the field, make modulars easier to understand for the uninitiated ('cause the damn things are intimidating when your'e first trying to understand them). 3) Doing my part to further the study and creation of sound.

I don't have much time these days to update my website as much as it needs, so if you don't see a Barebones kit for a module, ask me about it; Like with the Choices. I do offer a Barebones, I just haven't had time to make a page for it. *sigh*
DGTom
we're not worthy we're not worthy

turn those left over frac panels into ninja stars to throw at passing cheapskate frac users *ducks*
panda30y
flight wrote:
panda30y wrote:
... Are you going to at least offer kits for us to build? we're not worthy

Try and stop me!

As long as I am running this show, the kits will be available. Flat out. They are there for several reasons: 1) We're in tough times financially - *I* can't afford to buy modules, but this scene has real value and I want it to keep growing no matter what society does to itself. 2) To widen the field, make modulars easier to understand for the uninitiated ('cause the damn things are intimidating when your'e first trying to understand them). 3) Doing my part to further the study and creation of sound.

I don't have much time these days to update my website as much as it needs, so if you don't see a Barebones kit for a module, ask me about it; Like with the Choices. I do offer a Barebones, I just haven't had time to make a page for it. *sigh*

Fucking fantastic to hear! applause Guinness ftw!

I really wish more manufacturers had this approach. You da man! thumbs up nanners
panda30y
DGTom wrote:

turn those left over frac panels into ninja stars to throw at passing cheapskate frac users *ducks*

Spare me! I'm just a poor student! Ninja
parasitk
panda30y wrote:
DGTom wrote:

Spare me! I'm just a poor student! Ninja

And I've been unemployed for three years (for the most part)!
DGTom
same here guys cry I'm a student of life & havn't had a proper full-time job since I lost half of my left thumb a few years ago :empty pockets:
Umcorps
I don't want a delay.

I want it NOW hyper
panda30y
DGTom wrote:
same here guys cry I'm a student of life & havn't had a proper full-time job since I lost half of my left thumb a few years ago :empty pockets:

eek!
Sorry to hear.

But to make a rough transition back on topic, this delay is going to be sweet!
DGTom
Umcorps wrote:
I don't want a delay.

I want it NOW hyper

oh.. wait.... I see what you did there MY ASS IS BLEEDING

flight, anymore teases / leaks as to what this machine will include post feature creep eradication... sounds like maybe multiple CV & very slow clocking is possible... please dangle that carrot a little closer grin
computer controlled
Hmmmm.... interesting... i like delays

applause
Exuviae
Can we also assume a small module like 8hp?

Can't fuggin' wait!
VanEck
Quote:
Heh, what I was having fun with when I posted about it, was that you can turn the speed down so low that it just completely glitches out and starts making random crazy noises. Then you tweak the refeed control and it starts making noise-drum rhythm patterns that vary enough to stay interesting (pretty damn cool-sounding actually, I was rocking out for a bit... razz ). I was also playing with the CV inputs to get some other interesting sounds out of it

Now this is the type of stuff that gets me inspired! Hope you keep these "glitches" as "features" in the final design thumbs up

I am wondering, since delays are like potato chips... especially if you are using them in unconventional ways... do you plan on making double or quad delay units/modules? Daisy chaining delays are way too much fun for mutilating and glitching up sounds This is fun!
Roycie Roller
2 PB's + 2 Choices + 2 of these = Instant Horror Soundtrack Boat
flight
DGTom wrote:
...flight, anymore teases / leaks as to what this machine will include post feature creep eradication... sounds like maybe multiple CV & very slow clocking is possible... please dangle that carrot a little closer grin

Heh, OK. Carrot time:
Very slow clocking; It sounds llike it's ready to self destruct at the lowest setting. I'm gonna run the hell out of it to make sure it doesn't! eek!
VC clock speed
VC refeed
Multiple signal inputs (at least two).
Multiple outputs: Inverted clean signal out, delay out, mix out. I thought about VC mixing, but that literally doubled the component count so nevermind, that's what a mixer module is for. razz
Mix pot
Separable output VCA: It had half of an LM13700 left over, so why not use it for an output VCA? Break-jack on the input side so it can be used by itself. Linear and exponential VC inputs.
Any other goodies I may find.

BTW: Now is a good time to pipe up about features you think a delay should have or would just be cool to have. No guarantees they'll be used but I know I won't think of all the possibilities.

VanEck wrote:
Hope you keep these "glitches" as "features" in the final design thumbs up

Oh Hell yes! FoH is all about breaking the rules and seeing what else can be done. thumbs up
Soy Sos
Sound great, just what I've been wanting for like 3 years.
Got a clever name for it? I guess I'm wondering if the VC clock speed can do "smooth" of if it goes tick, tick, glitch?
flight
Soy Sos wrote:
Sound great, just what I've been wanting for like 3 years.
Got a clever name for it?

the Sound of Shadows (t.S.O.S. or just S.O.S.)

Quote:
I guess I'm wondering if the VC clock speed can do "smooth" of if it goes tick, tick, glitch?

I'm not sure what you are asking here... hmmm.....
elemental
this sounds really promising!

just to clarify (cos I think the answer is Yes)... will it allow for custom feedback paths? -

i.e feedback to 0, split output in two, one goes to filter/vca/whatever and then back into the filter input ?? for proper sonic soundscapes and mayhem.. smile
flight
elemental wrote:
this sounds really promising!

just to clarify (cos I think the answer is Yes)... will it allow for custom feedback paths? -

i.e feedback to 0, split output in two, one goes to filter/vca/whatever and then back into the filter input ?? for proper sonic soundscapes and mayhem.. smile

I believe you are speaking of an Effects Insert in the feedback/recirculate/refeed path? Yes. And yes, the feedback can be set to zero. With the feedback at zero you can use the delay out to get just the delay with no echo or mix.
Soy Sos
Well, you know when you change the clock speed on an analog delay and some digital delays you get a smooth pitch bendy warpy fun mess?
Changing the speed on say a shitty Behrinnger delay you get a bunch of ticking and zippering type stuff. That's what I guess I mean hmmm.....

LOVE the name by the way!
Mood Organ
Wow, totally disappointing that this isn't coming to Frac. d'oh!

FWIW, Analog Haven just sold 2 more Choices and another PB SlayerBadger!

How's this for a feature: you know how the Blacet VCO has a +/- octave CV input? How about something like that for delay, where a gate doubles or halves the delay time? It's easy enough to patch up with the delay time CV input and some careful tuning, of course.
panda30y
Mood Organ wrote:
Wow, totally disappointing that this isn't coming to Frac. d'oh!

FWIW, Analog Haven just sold 2 more Choices and another PB SlayerBadger!

How's this for a feature: you know how the Blacet VCO has a +/- octave CV input? How about something like that for delay, where a gate doubles or halves the delay time? It's easy enough to patch up with the delay time CV input and some careful tuning, of course.

Great idea! I love that feature on the Blacet VCO!

It is a bit dissappointing, but you can build a barebones kit, which is what I wanted anyways being a banana frac'er, but I understand alot of you don't want to diy.

A delay module would be very desirable in any format, especially in frac with the Time Machine no longer in production from Blacet. Perhaps we could get enough frac users to get FOH to build you guys some frac modules at a premium? Or if you guys aren't up to the diy route, we could work something out as a group to order faceplates and build our own!
Mood Organ
panda30y wrote:

A delay module would be very desirable in any format, especially in frac with the Time Machine no longer in production from Blacet. Perhaps we could get enough frac users to get FOH to build you guys some frac modules at a premium? Or if you guys aren't up to the diy route, we could work something out as a group to order faceplates and build our own!

I'd be interested.

In theory I'd LOVE to get into DIY, but... I work ~30 hours a week and play in 3 different bands. There's just not enough hours in the day.

BTW I have 2 Time Machines, but could definitely see the value in a digital delay with modulation options.
Exuviae
Regarding "clock noise" on this module- I have both a Time Machine and a Doepfer BBD and love both equally for different reasons. Both will produce generous amounts of clock noise at slower settings, but the TM is much less noticeable in this repsect than the BBD-which pretty much needs a LPF or dedicated EQ with some good Hi Cut going on to deal with the inherent noise generated.

Flight- where does the S.O.S. fit in as far as clock noise goes? At least as far as you've noticed so far...
panda30y
Mood Organ wrote:
panda30y wrote:

I'd be interested.

In theory I'd LOVE to get into DIY, but... I work ~30 hours a week and play in 3 different bands. There's just not enough hours in the day.

BTW I have 2 Time Machines, but could definitely see the value in a digital delay with modulation options.

Instead of band practice, you should suggest that the band have a break one practice to have an arts and crafts day. Bring along the barebones kit(s) and a soldering iron and presto! In fact, bring all of your diy kits at once, and have them help you knock them out fabricating panels, sorting components, mounting, soldering, butter churning. Explain to them this will bring the band closer together, and make for better chemistry.
DGTom
flight wrote:
Separable output VCA: It had half of an LM13700 left over, so why not use it for an output VCA?

Fuck yeah! perfect feature & perfect reason for implementing said feature!!

VC refeed? so that is VC feedback? is that what the other half of the LM13700 is doing?

+1 for the 'double-time / half-time' gate input if doable without adding too much, does any other VCO apart from the Blacet have this? its awesome! I can imagine patches where when you have a 'note on' you have a regular delay going, then with 'note off' the +/- kicks in & the delay goes mental!

Flamey

I would be happy to see this delay not go down the ultra-clean / smooth route & be to the delay world what the PB is to the filter world, but, if you can work in some sort of clean / un-clean mode switch, that would twice as nice Mr. Green
LDT
Quote:
but, if you can work in some sort of clean / un-clean mode switch, that would twice as nice

I was just going to suggest something along these lines.
It sounds like you are able to turn delay time way down and get a really crunchy sound. But this also gives you really long delay right? What if we were able to set the delay time to counteracts this? Much in the same way I can switch between number of BBDs on my E1010. If I want clean and long I can get it, but I can also get short and dirty or long and very dirty. (A feature I do not know any other BBD to have seriously, i just don't get it ) I think there are four number of BBDs to switch between. (BTW this could also take care of the double-time/half-time gate thing, if this switching was VCed).
I understand that this is digital, but it seems to me that this concept of BBD numbers could be "ported" to digital. Oh, and perhaps (?) that vca could be used in this regard.
aetherpulse
Some questions: will it run on +/- 15, what are the min/max delay times, will you be able to run cv through the delay,

and will it have red led's for EXTRA evil?
chimologic
since its digital why not a reverse mode and a loop mode?
science
I'm glad we have some module makers out there who actually seem interested in what they're doing, and what their customers want. It's a welcome change of pace from the "you're lucky I'm allowing you to buy my modules" ones.

Keep it up, flight - I'll definitely buy one of these delays (or two) thumbs up
flight
A couple quick answers:

"Zipper" artifacts: nope! I just tried it out and it's really smooth (as far as I can tell). I had it making a really cool Leslie effect with no artifacts. The only ticking sounds are when it starts glitching out (around ~500-600ms delay time, but I haven't had a chance to figure out how to measure the delay time).
"octave" or double/half time: Neat idea! I think the CV spans the entire range of the chip already, so it would just be a 2x amp on the CV input.
Frac: If you can get enough people to cover the cost of a run of, say, 40-50 panels, I'll do it. No naners though, the design uses breakjacks for some of the options. That, and I only have like 2 banana patch cables for testing and nothing banana to plug them into, so I have to use adapters to convert the plugs to 3.5mm, 1/4", and BNC. Freaking pain in teh butt.
Clock noise: Both analog and digital have clock noise (actually aliasing on the digital but at the clock speed, so it's the same thing. Or just bleed from the clock due to bad layout), but analog has the worst. The clock noise on the S.O.S is really minimal. I'll have some numbers once I get it off the breadboard and onto a PCB.
VC refeed: Yep, it is VC feedback, made possible by the first half of the LM13700.
Clean/unclean: Great idea, I doubt it can be done here though. This delay uses the PT2399 chip, which is (I think) the only almost-entirely-self-contained delay on a chip that does not involve any coding. Nice and compact, fun to use, cheap to build, but damn near set in stone. The chip contains the clock, RAM, input & output buffers and LPFs, volltage reference, and AD/DA blocks. All you can do with it is change the external passive components and routing, which really limits the fancy tricks. No control over amount of memory used, only the clock rate, etc...
But hey, this isn't the only delay I'm gonna do. wink
±15V: I'm gonna try, it will definitely change what happens the upper and lower ranges of the controls, but I'll do it if it doesn't involve too much work for all the voltage references in the circuit.
DC coupling: No. In working to keep the costs down, I chose to use bloccking capacitors at some points instead of supply-sensitive biasing networks or a crapload of trimpots. The PT2399 is specced to use caps at various points in the signal chain, and I believe it may have some caps on the die itself.
LEDs: There will be one for the clock rate at least, maybe more if there's something else to indicate. More LEDs means more panel space, and this thing has an assload of panel components as it is. Input and CV attenuators, Clock, refeed, mix and VCA level pots, at least three input jacks and three output jacks (probably more), and so on.
Reverse mode, loop mode: Um, because it can't go backwards in time? I'm not that good at this yet, gimme another couple months. wink
Actually, I have no idea what you mean. CONFESSION: Once I build one of these, it will be the first delay I have ever had. Hence all the questions I ask.
Also, see the note above regarding the limitations of this chip.

Okay, that was more words than I planned to type... Thanks for all the questions and ideas, it all really does help. And thanks for all the support! Hell, I'm lucky you let me take your money! That's where my food comes from! Speaking of, I'm-a go eat now.
LDT
-And we´re lucky that you feel lucky!
Umcorps
flight wrote:
CONFESSION: Once I build one of these, it will be the first delay I have ever had. Hence all the questions I ask.

That's not a confession. That's the number 1 selling point. thumbs up

If you're coming at this project without any strong preconceptions or expectations based on past usage I can't fucking wait. It's peanut butter jelly time!
VanEck
chimologic wrote:
since its digital why not a reverse mode and a loop mode?

This also crossed my mind. Some of my favorite delays, both as VST's or physical, have these features. But then you start entering the realm of "sampler" a bit... might be outside the scope of what you want to do with this project.

The reverse is not a "reverse delay" exactly, but usually will reverse the delay loop that you punch in, usually found on tape/dub delay simulators and such in the digital realm. Can be insane fun for mutilating sounds... punch in a tight loop and hit the delay size with some CV, flip the reverse on and off, and you got some instant glitched out madness.
scozbor
heres hoping its 15v compatible and frac is not dropped completely!!!!! eek!
BugBrand
I can confirm that the PT2399 is a very fun chip. Probably the easiest method to achieve delay effects - the sound above 500mS delay (the chip's theoretical max d-time) becomes wonderfully gnarly - very characterful.
Mood Organ
panda30y wrote:

Instead of band practice, you should suggest that the band have a break one practice to have an arts and crafts day. Bring along the barebones kit(s) and a soldering iron and presto! In fact, bring all of your diy kits at once, and have them help you knock them out fabricating panels, sorting components, mounting, soldering, butter churning. Explain to them this will bring the band closer together, and make for better chemistry.

If you think you can convince an 11 member funk band to spend their evening soldering, by all means take a crack at it... hihi

Flight, glad you like the "octave" idea. I use it quite a bit with Time Machines and the Moog delay and I think it's totally useful.

I'd commit to 2 of these in Frac. Anybody out there up for buying the other 38? help
parasitk
Mood Organ wrote:
I'd commit to 2 of these in Frac. Anybody out there up for buying the other 38? help

I'd buy one in Frac – eventually. Being broke is extra tough when it determines if a manufacturer supports your format or not! sad banana
Soy Sos
Hey Mood Organ,
I wouldn't sweat the DIY thing too much. The Barebones kits are really easy to put together. Aside from the panel and graphics, I put my Plague Bearers together in an hour. If Flight can't get down with running 2 formats for his stuff I can respect that. More important to get this thing out.
Uncopyrightable
+1 to Want! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Roycie Roller
Mood Organ wrote:

Flight, glad you like the "octave" idea. I use it quite a bit with Time Machines and the Moog delay and I think it's totally useful.

I agree, it's a great feature, which you can 'play' with very musical results, especially switching between longer delay settings. It makes the delay repeats melodic as if playing chords.
Mood Organ
Roycie Roller wrote:
Mood Organ wrote:

I agree, it's a great feature, which you can 'play' with very musical results, especially switching between longer delay settings. It makes the delay repeats melodic as if playing chords.

Exactly... it preserves harmonic relationships pretty well. Great fun in feedback loops.

PS perhaps I overestimate the time commitment in DIY from kits? Having never made one? My soldering skills are rudimentary seriously, i just don't get it
DGTom
Flights barebones kits are dead easy. The pcbs come totally built, tested, working, you could get some wire & croc clips & use em as is, not something I would suggest tho!

Basially all you have to do is wire up the front panel connections & the power cable & BAM! Flight Of Harmony Y'all git a taste of the bitch puddin!

Making the panel is the hardest / longest part, but easily done, if you know someone with access to a workshop they could do this in a matter of minutes, Flight provides awesome documentation.
neandrewthal
I want 3 screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo But, I probably only have room for 2 evil
Henfield
Please keep the +/- 15V and a blacet power connector!! I would like to get a barebones kit and put into a 5U panel to add to my dotcom setup!

Thanks,

Henfield.......................
flight
@ Henfield: Yup, don't worry. A 5x2 IDC connector just doesn't go with the Barebones concept. The 0.156" MTA 4-pin is much better.

@ Everyone: I took a step back and thought about it, and I think it's heading back into feature-creep territory - and over 18hp. The extras are cool, but I hate having to put off releasing a module in the hopes of figuring out how to do a particular extra. So I'm gonna enact something I've been thinking of for a while (don't panic, keep reading): The module will have the basic functions that I feel it needs to have. This will keep both size and cost down, which is very important in my eyes. BUT, after getting the basic unit down the road to production, I will start work on an expansion module that will have the goodies and only require plugging in a ribbon cable or two behind the panel. I've been wanting to do this because I always find something a couple months down the line that I'd love to add to a module, but this is both a PIA and very unfair to early adopters, who will always feel screwed in some way.
panda30y
flight wrote:
@ Henfield: Yup, don't worry. A 5x2 IDC connector just doesn't go with the Barebones concept. The 0.156" MTA 4-pin is much better.

@ Everyone: I took a step back and thought about it, and I think it's heading back into feature-creep territory - and over 18hp. The extras are cool, but I hate having to put off releasing a module in the hopes of figuring out how to do a particular extra. So I'm gonna enact something I've been thinking of for a while (don't panic, keep reading): The module will have the basic functions that I feel it needs to have. This will keep both size and cost down, which is very important in my eyes. BUT, after getting the basic unit down the road to production, I will start work on an expansion module that will have the goodies and only require plugging in a ribbon cable or two behind the panel. I've been wanting to do this because I always find something a couple months down the line that I'd love to add to a module, but this is both a PIA and very unfair to early adopters, who will always feel screwed in some way.

Sounds great! thumbs up
Soy Sos
That is actually a perfect idea.
I'm completely behind that, you should really stick to that no matter the outside pressure. It's a wonder anyone gets anything done sometimes.
DGTom
+1 for expansion modules!! w00t
a100user
Another +1 for expansion modules.

Harvestman, Livewire and Doepfer all do it and it allows punters to spend as much or as little depending on the functionality required.
suitandtieguy
am i the only person who sees this thread title and thinks:

"yeah, i always want a delay unit in the front-of-house effects rack when i go to mix a show. what's the debate about?"

anyway, yeah this looks like a great product. good going.
Exuviae
Will the expansion module require its own power slot from a distro board, or will it plug into the base unit and draw from there?
Soy Sos
Oh, just a thought to be fair to everyone including yourself Flight.
How about:
Selling the early version for xx.xx dollars.
The expansion for zz.zz dollars.
The newly updated version with the expanded features for xx.xx plus zz.zz dollars.
Obviously once you've added the new features you don't make the original any more but make enough expansion modules to cover for the amount of original modules sold.

Oh yeah, funny, Front of House. Especially when mixing that Reggae band!
flight
suitandtieguy wrote:
am i the only person who sees this thread title and thinks:

"yeah, i always want a delay unit in the front-of-house effects rack when i go to mix a show. what's the debate about?"

anyway, yeah this looks like a great product. good going.

I've gotta comment on this, I'll get to the rest in a bit:

FoH in the FOH?

I always thought the coincidence was amusing...
flight
Exuviae wrote:
Will the expansion module require its own power slot from a distro board, or will it plug into the base unit and draw from there?

Good question, thanks for bringing that to my attention. It will draw power from the main unit.
Soy Sos wrote:

Oh, just a thought to be fair to everyone including yourself Flight.
How about:
Selling the early version for xx.xx dollars.
The expansion for zz.zz dollars.
The newly updated version with the expanded features for xx.xx plus zz.zz dollars.
Obviously once you've added the new features you don't make the original any more but make enough expansion modules to cover for the amount of original modules sold.

Nah, the other attractive feature of a basic module with optional expansion unit is that I make one module for two price brackets. If I disco the base unit in favor of a complete module, then it will be a mid-budget item instead of two low-budget items. And dealers have already made it clear that they don't like to stock multiple versions of one item.
It would also add another design stage to the product, with attendant hassles.
Soy Sos
Totally cool with me, it makes sense.
Count me in for 2 plus expansions.
Funny, this is the most amped I've been about a new module in a while.
You'll get some crazy assed demos from me too.
tragedybysyntax
2 plus expansion for this guy! smile
Soy Sos
Hey Flight, any possibility of audio samples for the salivating masses?
aetherpulse
Yes, audio please...
flight
I'll try as soon as the prototype is built (Just finished the layout of the main board, starting on the interface board today). I had some equipment troubles a few days ago so recording audio has become... problematic.

But there will be samples soon!
aetherpulse
Equipment trouble sucks. I haven't been able to record on anything but an old four track for a couple of years...
johnnymad
flight wrote:
I'll try as soon as the prototype is built (Just finished the layout of the main board, starting on the interface board today). I had some equipment troubles a few days ago so recording audio has become... problematic.

But there will be samples soon!

w00t
transferpoint
it would be very cool to have two of them
Exuviae
Any idea yet how many HP each module will be?
Limey
almost can't wait for this
i've been eyeballing the sold out Bugbrand PRC1 for quite sometime now.
+1
for a circuitbender expansionmodule
flight
Okiedokie, the prototype is finally built, testing today.

The basic module is 12hp. thumbs up
Soy Sos
flight wrote:
Okiedokie, the prototype is finally built, testing today.

The basic module is 12hp. thumbs up

audioaudioaudioaudioaudioaudioaudioaudioaudioaudioaudioaudio
lol
So stupid, I know.
Uncopyrightable
I agree!
Uncopyrightable
whistlin'
DGTom
Soy Sos wrote:
flight
Sorry for leaving y'all hanging like that. (hides)

This puppy is the most complex module I've designed as of yet, so it's taking a bit to work out all the bugs (99% of which are simply due to my prototyping skills, sigh). I've got everything ironed out except the VCA biasing; I want it to be DC-coupled when used by itself, but I'm having a bitch of a time getting the CV feedthrough down to tolerable levels.
I've spent more time on it than I should, so I have to put it aside for a bit to get caught up before I get too far behind on orders again. This coming week will be devoted to getting the group-buy jacks and QPB orders out, then I'll get back to the SoS.
Soy Sos
Cool,
you'll get back to the (Soy) SoS? Looking forward to it.
I actually have to start on a new case anyway. I need money and space
for 2 SoS and 2 Bubblesound uLFO ...etc.etc..
vav
Will the delay be syncable?
flight
Update:
The prototype is finished and in the hands of the beta tester, and he'll post some samples when he has a chance You'll know who it is soon enought razz ). I got rid of the CV DC bleedthrough issue, now all that's left (that I am aware of) are some minor tweakings & trimmings to optimize usage.

vav wrote:

Probably not the base unit, but that sounds neato for the expansion panel. But syncable how?
johnnymad
Ninja
vav
flight wrote:
Update:
The prototype is finished and in the hands of the beta tester, and he'll post some samples when he has a chance You'll know who it is soon enought razz ). I got rid of the CV DC bleedthrough issue, now all that's left (that I am aware of) are some minor tweakings & trimmings to optimize usage.

vav wrote:

Probably not the base unit, but that sounds neato for the expansion panel. But syncable how?

To a clock/pulse/gate signal. That's what i'm after.
DGTom
hyper

clockable would be muchos rados for the expando pak thumbs up
tragedybysyntax
dumb question but.... is this going to be sold as a kit again?
panda30y
vav wrote:
flight wrote:
Update:

vav wrote:

If there is room, a toggle switch or rotary switch to toggle between different clock divisions, and a clock output so it could also double as a mini clock divider.
johnnymad
i am the mystery beta tester flight mentioned. i posted a demo here in case you missed it.

SoS Demo
flight
I'll try to address most of these questions:
vav wrote:

Caveat first: I have never owned anything more than a microKorg, so I don't know a LOT of the terminology. Further, the PT2399 is a monolithic delay - everything is on one chip (input & output buffers, lowpass filters, mod/demod, memory, and the clock) , and was not designed for voltage control, external clock, or any external signal other than audio.
My best answer to your question is that the clock rate and feedback are voltage controlled, so any syncing would have to be done with those somehow.
I'm still mystified as to what you mean exactly - what aspect of the delay is being synced to this external signal? The rate?
DGTom wrote:
clockable would be muchos rados for the expando pak thumbs up

If you mean using an external clock, see above.
tragedybysyntax wrote:
dumb question but.... is this going to be sold as a kit again?

Yup - as a barebones.
panda30y wrote:
If there is room, a toggle switch or rotary switch to toggle between different clock divisions, and a clock output so it could also double as a mini clock divider.

As mentioned above, the clock and its routing is internal to the chip, so all you can do is control the rate. There is a clock out pin though, and it will be brought out in the expansion panel (buffered).
The approach I am taking with all future module designs is to make as many features as possible available via an expansion connector on the PCB, instead of multiple revisions (I learned my lesson with the Plague Bearer).
panda30y
flight wrote:

panda30y wrote:

As mentioned above, the clock and its routing is internal to the chip, so all you can do is control the rate. There is a clock out pin though, and it will be brought out in the expansion panel (buffered).
The approach I am taking with all future module designs is to make as many features as possible available via an expansion connector on the PCB, instead of multiple revisions (I learned my lesson with the Plague Bearer).

I meant for the expansion module, but as you have stated inputing a clock signal wouldn't really work.
flight
For the curious, here's a schematic representation of the PT2399 chip:
gde
how short of delay times can this beast pull off?
could make for a fun "vco" or comb filter
is their a cap we could switch out to make the delay times shorter?
could be useful for the barebonezers or for the expansion board

also was their mention of normalized jacks?
johnnymad
gde wrote:

check out my demos. i go from the shortest delay times to the longest quite frequently.
neandrewthal
flight wrote:
(I learned my lesson with the Plague Bearer).

Who wants to buy my RARE ORIGINAL OOP plague bear bare bones kits? $500 each razz
flight
gde wrote:

The data sheet states a range from 31.3ms to 342ms, which is about right. I keep forgetting to write the actual times down but, IIRC, I got ~30ms - ~500ms. I posted it somewhere, just can't recall where.
Quote:
could make for a fun "vco" or comb filter
is their a cap we could switch out to make the delay times shorter?

Nope. The clock rate is controlled by the amount of current sunk from pin 6. The data sheet just specifies a resistor.
I'll reiterate: this is a "drop-in" self-contained delay IC, and was not designed for variability. Memory is fixed, as is the clock range. I'm stoked that I got as much out of it as I have!
Quote:
could be useful for the barebonezers or for the expansion board
also was their mention of normalized jacks?

OK, somebody please help me with this: what the hell does "normalized" mean? Of the few definitions I have found, there is little consistency.
gde
thanks for filling us in on the delay time limits

normalized jacks are switching jacks where some of the module(s) is "prepatched" and plugging something into that jack overrides the previous connection

i think i read somewhere that the output of the delay is normalized to the input of the vca?
flight
Ah, thank you Sir! So there is no standard signal or anything in normalizing. Next question: why are they called "normal"? I had always heard that called a "break-jack".

But yes, you are correct about the VCA input. There is another as well: the delay direct output is normalized to the input to the feedback control cell, which, when used in conjunction with the "insert" jack, allows you to insert your own effects into the feedback loop before the gain cell.
wetterberg
Might I suggest an internal trimpot or similar that lets us set the delay to long and crunchy? if that is possible in the current design, that is.

The BugBrand pt delay has a fantastic 10-turn internally so you can set it so that the fastest delay is perhaps 60ms or more, and the longest is a wonderful pile of bitcrushed slop SlayerBadger!
flight
wetterberg wrote:
Might I suggest an internal trimpot or similar that lets us set the delay to long and crunchy? if that is possible in the current design, that is.

The BugBrand pt delay has a fantastic 10-turn internally so you can set it so that the fastest delay is perhaps 60ms or more, and the longest is a wonderful pile of bitcrushed slop SlayerBadger!

No need - you can get that from the Rate pot or CV! Use the Rate pot for coarse adjustment & the CV for fine if needed. Either control sweeps the entire range.
An actual fine-tuning pot on the panel would be nice though....
wetterberg
ah, good shit! I was under the impression that the "useful range" had been capped somehow.

I love pushing my PTs into sort of really long 1½-second or longer dubs where each iteration just sounds more like r2d2 than the last, hehe.
flight
Oh yeah, this thing gets gnarly at the slow end. It goes (sound-wise) from delay>bitcrusher>glitch, then nothing (that's one of the things that needs trimming oops).
flight
Okiedokie, I just finished a new prototype, so I'll bring it to the PNW synth meet on Saturday. I'll try to take some side & rear shots tomorrow.

I love this f*cking thing! Freaking DARK & ominous rythmic drones with: 66Hz triangle into the input, feedback at mid, rate almost all the way down, and a slow 0V->V+ ramp into the Rate CV. I'll also try to get a sample of that - and some of the glitchy goodness.
governor blacksnake
I played with this thing yesterday. It's great!
gde
harvestman and flight getting together....
does this worry anybody else?
panda30y
gde wrote:

As in they might collaborate and accidentally cause a catastrophic event that would destroy all of mankind?

hmmm.....

... kind of...
mmm
And, there's pix on matrixsynth to prove it hihi we're not worthy
flight
gde wrote:

We live about a mile from each other as well. twisted
flight
panda30y wrote:
gde wrote:

As in they might collaborate and accidentally cause a catastrophic event that would destroy all of mankind?

hmmm.....

... kind of...

... accidentally?
mmm
Destroy?

I'd think it would be a benefit to mankind

But, that's OK. Computer Controlled is right in the middle of you two in case he has to step in and save the world eek!
computer controlled
Great, i'm gonna be the great Mediator!

eek!
neandrewthal
When does the barebones Tyme Sefari ship? It will be a good companion to the SOS.
flight
Alright you barstiges, I just finished (freaking finally) tweaking the VCA. It is DC-coupled. As close to exact as I'm gonna bother for the price I'm willing to charge - I don't do precision, that's not mah thang. No patience for it. Testing with a 0VDC and +5VDC input, the output is within 100mV of the input (usually around 50mV, but will vary with temperature and part tolerances).
synchro1
and we can order one (or more).......when?
computer controlled
Woooooo!!!
Moog$FooL$
flight wrote:
Alright you barstiges, I just finished (freaking finally) tweaking the VCA. It is DC-coupled. As close to exact as I'm gonna bother for the price I'm willing to charge - I don't do precision, that's not mah thang. No patience for it. Testing with a 0VDC and +5VDC input, the output is within 100mV of the input (usually around 50mV, but will vary with temperature and part tolerances).

Solid!!! twisted
i like your style flight. SlayerBadger!
flight
synchro1 wrote:
and we can order one (or more).......when?

Working on it - finalizing the PCB, a few tweaks to the graphics, then ordering da shtuff so, early December-ish?
mmm
Quote:
Alright you barstiges

He called us "barstiges" help
money bags
this man is killing me i need his junk
flight
OK, sorry for the quiet. I've been busy with getting set up for production of the SoS. Pictures:

Everything is working pretty damn good for the delay. The VCA isn't the best, but it's usable - I wasn't interested in adding a bunch of components for something that is not the purpose of the module.

One last opinion poll:
The insert jack: It is before the feedback cell so you can take from the delay or inverted input (or any other signal) output jacks, run it through your own effects, and then insert it back into the feedback chain and also be able to still use the VC feedback on it.
The problem: The delay has a maximum output of 1.25V peak-to-peak, so the feedback cell is expecting a small input signal. I want to keep this module under $200 so adding more controls is out, but I can take the (pretty much unnecessary, just a useful item) input attenuator from the VCA and make it the input attenuator for the feedback cell (very necessary and useful). Opinions?
Mood Organ
Drop the VCA attenuator.
Cat-A-Tonic
flight wrote:
I can take the (pretty much unnecessary, just a useful item) input attenuator from the VCA and make it the input attenuator for the feedback cell (very necessary and useful). Opinions?

It sounds to me like you have answered your own question.
Do what has to be done.
The feedback send and return (loop section) is IMO very important to the design.
Make this section as user-friendly as possible.
Add the return level attenuator, and sacrifice one of the VCA controls.

Am I right that the VCA can be used independently of the delay, or post-delay?

What is it about the VCA's quality that you are dissatisfied with?
Coloration? Noise? Amplitude suppression? Response Curve (exponential I assume)?

I might prioritize the VCA input attenuator over the VCA CV attenuator.
^ I think this is the primary decision to wrestle with at this point.
Of course the reason I feel this way is because a good number of my modulation sources (Blacet EG1s and MicroLFOs) have output attenuators built in.
Others may feel differently about the prioritization of VCA controls.
flight
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
flight wrote:
I can take the (pretty much unnecessary, just a useful item) input attenuator from the VCA and make it the input attenuator for the feedback cell (very necessary and useful). Opinions?

It sounds to me like you have answered your own question.

Yes, but I like to make it a group effort. wink
Quote:
Do what has to be done.
The feedback send and return (loop section) is IMO very important to the design.
Make this section as user-friendly as possible.
Add the return level attenuator, and sacrifice one of the VCA controls.

It is actually the Insert Input attenuator, so it can handle standard ±5V signals. It just turns everything into a square wave without it.
The normal signal flow is 1)Delay Input->2)Delay->3)Feedback Cell->4)Delay Input. The insert (a break-jack) is between 2 and 3, so the feedback pot and CV will act on the inserted signal instead of the Delay output.
Quote:
Am I right that the VCA can be used independently of the delay, or post-delay?

Correct. The VCA is entirely superfluous. It is placed at the very end of the signal chain with the input being taken directly from the Mix output buffer. The input is another break-jack (normaled to the Mix Out) that completely disconnects it from the rest of the module, so you also still have the Inverted Out, Delay Out, and Mix Out from the delay available.
Quote:
What is it about the VCA's quality that you are dissatisfied with?
Coloration? Noise? Amplitude suppression? Response Curve (exponential I assume)?

Attenuation range - it doesn't get as quiet as I would like.
It's just the basic LM13700 VCA circuit, and only there because half of an LM13700 was left idle, so I kept the parts count to a minimum.
Quote:
I might prioritize the VCA input attenuator over the VCA CV attenuator.
^ I think this is the primary decision to wrestle with at this point.
Of course the reason I feel this way is because a good number of my modulation sources (Blacet EG1s and MicroLFOs) have output attenuators built in.
Others may feel differently about the prioritization of VCA controls.

The VCA itself does not have an input attenuator - only the delay input and (now) the loop insert have attenuators.
Remember though, this is just the base unit for the SoS, which is why I'm Hell-bent on keeping the price down. The expansion module will have all the goodies - delay time LED, additional inputs, each with an attenuator, and a few other neat tricks.
neandrewthal
How will the bare-bones be set up for this one? Does it ship with the boards hardwired together and all the controls installed already? Is there any circuitry on the control PCB, or can it be discarded if you want to do your own panel wiring?
flight
neandrewthal wrote:
How will the bare-bones be set up for this one? Does it ship with the boards hardwired together and all the controls installed already? Is there any circuitry on the control PCB, or can it be discarded if you want to do your own panel wiring?

smile
My new design approach for versatility and format-independence:
The entire circuit is contained on the rear-most PCB (along with the power connectors), the front PCB is just an interface board containing only the panel-mount components. The main PCB has a header (three small ones on the prototype, but one long one in the production version) which has every possible I/O connection to the circuit.

I haven't decided exactly how the Barebones will ship, but the thoughts are:
1) The main PCB, enough outboard components for complete basic functionality, and a break-out harness maybe 8" long.
2) The same as above, except instead of a complete harness (because I freaking hate hassling with wires), the break-out connector with just the relevant wires attached.

#2 is most likely, since the BP idea is the least amount of work on my part so you save the most amount of dough.
flight
Oh yeah, your apology is accepted. wink
wetterberg
I'm with you, Flight - make that knob for the delay too! I think people will be getting this unit primarily for the delay, with the added bonus of the VCA, right?

Focus on the delay is my point. Go!
Soy Sos
Yeah what he said!
flight
Will do!
neandrewthal
flight wrote:

I haven't decided exactly how the Barebones will ship, but the thoughts are:
1) The main PCB, enough outboard components for complete basic functionality, and a break-out harness maybe 8" long.
2) The same as above, except instead of a complete harness (because I freaking hate hassling with wires), the break-out connector with just the relevant wires attached.

#2 is most likely, since the BP idea is the least amount of work on my part so you save the most amount of dough.

Cool! Well, you don't have to hassle with any wires for mine. I prefer to do most of the wiring before I touch the PCB anyway: inputs to attenuators, gnd/V+/V- points all strapped together, then when I install the PCB it's usually just one wire per component thumbs up
wetterberg
neandrewthal wrote:
Cool! Well, you don't have to hassle with any wires for mine. I prefer to do most of the wiring before I touch the PCB anyway: inputs to attenuators, gnd/V+/V- points all strapped together, then when I install the PCB it's usually just one wire per component thumbs up
I don't mean to hijack here, but I'd love to see a walk-through/time lapse next time you do a panel.
blungo2
Did i read about an expander module for the SOS?

Any idea how many hp it might be?
flight
blungo2 wrote:
Did i read about an expander module for the SOS?
Any idea how many hp it might be?

You did. I don't know exactly how many hp just yet, but I plan to keep it to 8 or less - it really depends on how many features are added.

So, out of curiosity, which is more important to y'all:
Jacks below knobs or module width?

Just thinking that I may abandon my standard "knobs above jacks" layout on expansion modules if the added width is a deal-breaker.
mark_snipz
Smaller the better for me! Fnarr fnarr...
blungo2
Normally i would say that jacks below knobs is the way to go, but my new case (that's not even here yet) is almost full already.
I'm tending to lean towards the narrower hp side of things although i'm sure others will vote the other way.

edit: 8 hp is def not a deal breaker for me on an expansion module, but more might be.
berfmurret
jacks above knobs bother me not at allllll. btw the vca is confusing me kind of... maybe i am missing the point . are there some cool stuffs this delay can do when paired with a vca... i could probably fit two of these without the vca. i just dont have enough rackspace for two delays and two vcas...

in short. i wish you'd dump the vca..
flight
berfmurret wrote:
jacks above knobs bother me not at allllll. btw the vca is confusing me kind of... maybe i am missing the point . are there some cool stuffs this delay can do when paired with a vca... i could probably fit two of these without the vca. i just dont have enough rackspace for two delays and two vcas...

in short. i wish you'd dump the vca..

Good points, I definitely understand. Normally, I also would agree with you, as the VCA is completely unrelated to the module. In this case, however, the VCA was pretty much there already - and I did not take it into account when working out the price either for the same reason.

The circuit of the delay itself requires 12hp, the VCA only added 1 8-pin SMT chip, and about 8 0805 SMT resistors, for a total area of maybe 2 cm². The panel components just fill empty space, and cost maybe another $2.00.
So, in this situation, I went with the saying of "You can never have too many VCAs" and threw it in for free. Otherwise, I would have been wasting parts and space. All the delay-related features that will be on the expansion panel require more space or components as well, which is why they did not get chosen. (even the delay time LED requires - at minimum - two more chips, one being 14-pin.)
berfmurret
so you wouldn't have been able to make the module any smaller to begin with. sorry if you mentioned this before..

looking forward to this module!!!!! Guinness ftw!
flight
I gad not mentioned it previously so, no problem!
DGTom
Taking into account Soy Sos fantastic demos with the PB in the insert... I think that VCA is gonna come in handy ALOT! even something simple like sticking an LPF in the insert for "vintage" echoes, that extra volume control makes the delay so much more usefull.

Stick it in front of the delay line for CVable bursts of echo... etc.etc. for a couple bucks more flight is giving us so much more functionality.
flight
Need some input. After offering the banana + switch option for frac, I thought that it would be rather handy to have a bypass switch in the euro version as well. That way, you wouldn't have to unplug whatever is in the feedback Insert jack to use it normally.

Yea or nay?

I'm writing the PO for the PCBs tonight, so there's only a couple hours to change it.
blungo2
Yea!
suboptimal
That's something I'd certainly use, although I don't think it's strictly necessary if it will add to your costs.
ignatius
that sounds like a useful feature to me.
flight
suboptimal wrote:
That's something I'd certainly use, although I don't think it's strictly necessary if it will add to your costs.

One switch is OK, I try to leave a couple bucks allowance for last-minute details (which always pop up, go ADHD!).
suboptimal
I'm just hoping you're not sacrificing too much personally for these kinds of changes. You deserve a good return. But if it's in the plan, I'm sure "more features" will always be the winning preference. thumbs up
flight
Well thank you!

I did spend a bit too much time on it. Always remember: Whenever you think "Oh, I'll just add an XX in there real quick.", stop. It is never quick, it is never simple. angry

In short, it is impossible to find a jack, a switch, and a potentiometer that are all of the same height - it can not be done with off-the-shelf components. At all. very frustrating

I added the holes for it to the PCB anyway, in case I am able to find a switch that is the right height. Time will tell.
johnnymad
flight wrote:
I don't know exactly how many hp just yet, but I plan to keep it to 8 or less - it really depends on how many features are added.

you should make the expansion 6hp. that way, i can rearrange my modules and not have an ugly 2 hp gap. you're ocd too, right? help me out. lol
Exuviae
Flight - do you know the max current draw yet?

Thanks!
flight
johnnymad wrote:
flight wrote:
I don't know exactly how many hp just yet, but I plan to keep it to 8 or less - it really depends on how many features are added.

you should make the expansion 6hp. that way, i can rearrange my modules and not have an ugly 2 hp gap. you're ocd too, right? help me out. lol

We shall see. twisted
I won't have time to work on the expansion until January at least. In the meantime, however, suggestions for what should be in the expansion would be awesome.
Exuviae wrote:

Thanks!

Crap, still gotta do that. I'll try to have that later today.
Exuviae
Exuviae wrote:

Thanks!

[quote=Crap, still gotta do that. I'll try to have that later today.[/quote]

Anything on this, yet, Flight?
BananaPlug
Quote:
Inverted clean signal out

That's just the audio input, inverted?
flight
Exuviae wrote:
Exuviae wrote:

Thanks!

Quote:
Crap, still gotta do that. I'll try to have that later today.

Anything on this, yet, Flight?

Dammit! d'oh! I completely forgot, and now I don't have a built one handy. Can any of you Betas help on this?
BananaPlug wrote:
Quote:
Inverted clean signal out

That's just the audio input, inverted?

Correct. The audio input is buffered, then sent to both the feedback summer/delay input and the mix buffer, so I figured it would be handy to bring it out to the panel as well.
wetterberg
inverted out is definitely very useful, especially if you're working with a feedback system - which you'll be likely to do with this unit thumbs up
flight
wetterberg wrote:
inverted out is definitely very useful, especially if you're working with a feedback system - which you'll be likely to do with this unit thumbs up

That's what I figured. I've noticed that y'all often talk about the usefulness of inverting in many situations.

BTW: I've been trying to email you, drop me a line man!
wetterberg
flight wrote:
BTW: I've been trying to email you, drop me a line man!
doh! d'oh! just saw! Will email you first thing in the morning!
Soy Sos
Dammit! d'oh! I completely forgot, and now I don't have a built one handy. Can any of you Betas help on this?

Sorry, I'm not sure how to check max current draw.
porfiry
So when's this baby comin' out, then? hyper
flight
porfiry wrote:
So when's this baby comin' out, then? hyper

Heh, it is in progress right now. I was hoping for sooner, but it is looking like it will be ready around the end of December.
porfiry
Works for me...shipping is going to be slow as hell until then anyway. Pretty pumped about this thing. It's funny though, I'll eventually have to get a new case just to use it with that expansion module. smile
RetBody
Are we there yet? there yet? there yet? there yet?
I needz some delay in mah life!
porfiry
WOoº0oOoº0oOoº0oOoº0oOoº0ord yo screaming goo yo
flight
Heh, soon guys, soon.
The boards are currently being assembled, the panels are in, and I will start on the manual later next week. Ergo, it is looking to be around 2-3 more weeks.

Sorry for the lack of web presence lately, but I've been concentrating on getting stuff done and just haven't had any time.
porfiry
I'm sure my wife will be fairly happy to hear that.
dude
heavy breathing
computer controlled
Soon my friends... soon...

SlayerBadger!
porfiry
So NAMM is over, eh?

razz
johnnymad
he didn't go to namm. he was busy working on the SoS. i can't wait for mine to get here.
porfiry
I saw that on his site, and the additional information you've provided is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Between this thing and the new Memory Man I'm receiving tomorrow, I am going to be the proverbial pig in shit on the delay front. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
computer controlled
As far as i know, Kev DID go to NAMM. I'm working on the SOSes (assembly). And making good progress. btw =o]

Soon my friends... sooonnnnn....

thumbs up
neandrewthal
I can't remember if this has been asked before, but what's the timeline for the barebones version vs. the euro?
flight
neandrewthal wrote:
I can't remember if this has been asked before, but what's the timeline for the barebones version vs. the euro?

The same. wink
bunkdata
Thanks for the update, really looking forward to this module! Hell, even just excited to throw down my preorder at Analogue Haven! spinning
flight
OK everyone, here's the preliminary draft of the SoS manual, take a look and let me know if anything is missing (aside from the specs, I left them out because I haven't had a chance to measure them yet.) or ambiguous.
dude
nice! thank you for that sir! order date?

did i mention i was jazzed about the sos?

Flight Of Harmony
bunkdata
The manual looks great to me! Nice to see the Insert knob made it to production model! Now I am really salivating! Drunken Homer Simpson
Cybananna
Looks like a very complete and good manual.

I'll be getting one at some point for sure! Cthulhu
flight
dude wrote:
...order date?

Well, the PCBs are on their way, and I think I'll ship the first batch to AH within a week or two, so by Feb. 7th.
johnnymad
looks good, flight. can't wait to rack this baby up!!!
tragedybysyntax
think i'm going to have to snatch these kits... smile
Qmod
flight wrote:
dude wrote:
...order date?

Well, the PCBs are on their way, and I think I'll ship the first batch to AH within a week or two, so by Feb. 7th.

that news rocks big time!!!
neandrewthal
When do I pay nanners
Henfield
Did I miss something? When are the barebones kits available and what will be the cost?
flight
Sorry for teasing: the SoSBP should be available in about 1-2 weeks.
Price: still undetermined. :(
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do the connections. The circuit is kind of sensitive, so I need to find a good 2x15 connector that can use 24AWG wire, but can be assembled without special tools and not cost too much. Almost there though.
flight
Finally measured the current consumption:
IV+= 50.7mA
IV-= -20.3mA
Itotal= 30.4mA
johnnymad
does that mean you have finished units?
flight
johnnymad wrote:
does that mean you have finished units?

Easy there big fella! I'll announce when the modules have shipped to AH (and Schneidersbuero and Post Modular).
flight
Just FYI:
The first batch of SoS modules are on their way to AH. Give them a couple days and then you can start pestering Shawn. wink
dude
wo wo wo what?

fuckin' A
Henfield
Flight,

Do you have a price or availability date for the SOS Barebones kit yet?
goiks
Henfield wrote:

i've been trying hard not to bug you about the kits too, i'd like two when available.
neandrewthal
goiks wrote:
Henfield wrote:

i've been trying hard not to bug you about the kits too, i'd like two when available.

Me first hyper
scozbor
seems to be time to bug you about SOS barebones so i'll add my +1 lol
tIB
I pestered him already... so happy to be getting this, flight your timing is impeccable! thumbs up

btw how did that VCA end up?
flight
Sorry everybody, but a large portion of my help flaked out and bailed on me, which kind of left me in the lurch along with some other complications. Right now I'm scrabbling to finish the dealer orders - by Saturday, I believe - then I'll be able to get back to the Barebones.

The VCA: Meh, it's still so-so, unfortunately.
tIB
^ Thanks for the info, so so will do me... its great you managed to squeeze it there. smile
flight
You're welcome! Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the squeezing that caused the performance issue: I suspect the traces are too narrow - and the LM13700 is mainly current-driven - but haven't had a chance to test the theory.

By the way: It wasn't Larry, he officially doth rocketh. Thanks for both the great work and for saving my ass man! we're not worthy
suboptimal
[quote="tIB]so so will do me... its great you managed to squeeze it there. smile[/quote]

That's what sheeeeee saiiiddd . . .

d'oh!

Congrats on getting these done, Flight! It's almost inevitable that I'll buy one on an impulse. hihi
dude
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! we're not worthy Flight Of Harmony we're not worthy Flight Of Harmony we're not worthy Flight Of Harmony we're not worthy Flight Of Harmony

computer controlled
Rad! Did AH get them already?
dude
deal with satan.
dude
and holy fuck was it worth it. unlike my soul, this thing is priceless. using tyme sefari as insert. jawdrop i do not know the words to communicate what those two fuckers can do together.
VanEck
dude wrote:
and holy fuck was it worth it. unlike my soul, this thing is priceless. using tyme sefari as insert. jawdrop i do not know the words to communicate what those two fuckers can do together.

To hell with words... POST DEMO! SlayerBadger!
computer controlled
dude wrote:
deal with satan.

You too eh?

dude
hihi
man i JUST tore down a great patch with it. since digging deeply into the modular realm, i find my lust for recording and staring into a computer screen as part of the art/sound/process is pretty dead.
DGTom
I am are excited hyper

dude wrote:
i find my lust for recording and staring into a computer screen as part of the art/sound/process is pretty dead.

this for me is where the real hermetic, drugged mindset really comes into my modular useage; always too much, but, never enough is how I patch!!!
johnnymad
mine should be here in a couple of hours! screaming goo yo
johnnymad
it just came in!!!! i had the first prototype and this one has so many improvements. flight is an awesome builder and i know you will all love this one!
dude
indeed! it is fucking brilliant. no more pedals for me. the vc control is deadly. i know this is a long shot, but the modcan 66b control is really powerful with the vc-abilities of th'SoS. precision recorded voltages of stuff like this is absolutely next level.
johnnymad
i might be putting my only delay pedal up for sale. anybody interested? razz it's only going to take up space and collect dust now.
dude
about to play with sos again! this time i am going to use the matrix mixer!

flight, you are king!
Soy Sos
Why do people keep talking about me in this thread?
neandrewthal
We're all jazzed about you we're not worthy
Leisure Cove
When can I get one of these? And how wide is it? I want to plan ahead, space-wise.

hyper
igormpc
any info about the price?
flight
They will be available at AH, Schneidersbuero, and Post Modular. The shipments are currently in transit.

The SoS is 12HP, USD$195.00
tIB
^ Im literally sawing 10mm out of the side of my case to accommodate this thing!
flight
CORRECTION
The AH stock shipment has arrived.

Go get 'em boys...
dude
link to sales page? doesn't appear on their site unless i am looking in the wrong place.
flight
dude wrote:
link to sales page? doesn't appear on their site unless i am looking in the wrong place.

It's not up yet.
computer controlled
I predict they'll last all of 2 days!
HeWhoWantsJeans
flight wrote:
CORRECTION
The AH stock shipment has arrived.

Go get 'em boys...

Well fuck me running.

I've wanted a SoS since I saw the first demo videos. I'm calling AH and ordering one (and some Monorocket bus boards) to start a whole new rack.

The SoS will be the first device in that bitch, when it's done.

Now I've got a habit starting. Thanks 'flight, you enabler you.
flight
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

LMAO
I have been called that many, many times. twisted
HeWhoWantsJeans
flight wrote:
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

LMAO
I have been called that many, many times. twisted

Well, it's official.

My SoS is on the way. I can't wait to have it play with my Geiger Counter.

Flight, if you need anyone to 'test' the expansion to the SoS... boing boing!
-Erik
Exuviae
Well, it's hard to believe I started this thread almost 6 months ago, but the wait finally ended for me last night.

Wow. Not at all what I expected from this module.

She is a strange mistress.

Subtlety seems to be what best strokes her g-spot.

She tastes even better the second time around and I'm happy to say that she'll be making a permanent residence of my studio.

Thanks, Flight! Now let's get that Vamp module out in the wild... thumbs up

Brooks
HeWhoWantsJeans
Exuviae wrote:
Well, it's hard to believe I started this thread almost 6 months ago, but the wait finally ended for me last night.

I'm a jealous one - I ordered mine from AH on Tuesday around 10:00am, paid for Ground shipping and it only recently left some sorting facility in Illinois.
dude
ups from analog haven almost always goes through a time warp. it is certainly no fault of shawns but it is somewhat inevitable (in my experience). it has taken 5 business (more than once) to get shipments from his place in cali to portland oregon. whereas i frequently receive packages from usps priority in their 2-3 prediction from the polar opposite point on the east coast. last one last week was a two day from east coast. more magic i say. i hate ups. fedex is getting worse as well in my experience.

but in the end SoS fucking rules. totally worth the wait. read the manual before using for most fun!
goiks
dude wrote:
ups from analog haven almost always goes through a time warp. it is certainly no fault of shawns but it is somewhat inevitable (in my experience).

in my case, the time warp is in the other direction; packages ALWAYS get here the next day, even if i order at 3pm. i'm about 5 hrs north of LA though.
HeWhoWantsJeans
dude wrote:

but in the end SoS fucking rules. totally worth the wait. read the manual before using for most fun!

Oh, I've been reading the manual. I'm very excited to patch the insert (which should be using a 1/8" stereo plug on the SoS and two 1/8" mono plugs on the other ends, yes?) into my Filterbank and just crank the fuck out of the res.

SlayerBadger!
flight
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

Oh, I've been reading the manual. I'm very excited to patch the insert (which should be using a 1/8" stereo plug on the SoS and two 1/8" mono plugs on the other ends, yes?) into my Filterbank and just crank the fuck out of the res.

SlayerBadger!

Well, not 1/8", but 3.5mm. And all the jacks are mono.
The Insert jack breaks the feedback loop so, if you want repeats, the best way is to take the signal from the Delay out into the Filterbank, then from the Filterbank into the Insert. The resultant combination can then be taken from the Mix out and/or the VCA out
HeWhoWantsJeans
flight wrote:

Well, not 1/8", but 3.5mm. And all the jacks are mono.
The Insert jack breaks the feedback loop so, if you want repeats, the best way is to take the signal from the Delay out into the Filterbank, then from the Filterbank into the Insert. The resultant combination can then be taken from the Mix out and/or the VCA out

Thanks for the clarification on all fronts, 'Flight. For one, I keep interchanging 1/8" and 3.5mm in my head. d'oh!

And two, for clarification on the use of the insert jack with my intentions. You saved me from being daft enough to attempt at weird lookin' send/return cable scenario. hihi
tragedybysyntax
so.... any idea of the barebones price?
blungo2
Just ordered one! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

Soy Sos's demos made it irresistable. seriously, i just don't get it
flight
tragedybysyntax wrote:
so.... any idea of the barebones price?

Sorry all, but everything is on hold right now because I have to move. I'm currently finishing up the last of the SoS stock orders and clearing off my to-do list so I can find a place & move. I'll get back to this when the dust has settled, but I have finally found a connector for the 2x15 header that is newbie-friendly, so there's not much work left to do.

Thanks to everyone for all the support!
tragedybysyntax
Oh that's fine man! I need to get this first 4U panel done anyway..... the next one is going to have atleast one of these beasts behind it. Great job my friend! (However on this first 4u panel, I'll get to start abusing my PB's again!!!!) smile
HeWhoWantsJeans
Being stuck in class and watching my UPS Tracking Information page on my shipment from AH is just maddening.

If I read 'Redelivery Scheduled' - I'm gonna shit my pants.
sad banana
wwbjd
So I got a SoS.. my delay out and mix out are both very noisy. Like, a lot of noise. Is that normal for this module?

I've got Rate set at about 9o'clock, Feedback same and I have to have my Insert knob turned all the way CW in order to hear any delay at all (as the manual says).

Input and Mix are around noon, 3o'clock.

Halp.
dude
might try turning feedback all the way down and see if noise continues? it can feedback upon itself quick.
flight
wwbjd wrote:
I've got Rate set at about 9o'clock,

That's where the rate starts to glitch out & die. Normal (clean) operating range for the Rate pot is about 10:00 & up. 9:00 and below (CCW) is crunchland.
flight
Keep in mind that it is the "Rate" pot, meaning clock rate, and not "delay length", so turning the pot CW increases the rate, which decreases the delay length. Slow rate/long delays are, by nature, quite noisy with digital delays.
wwbjd
Yep, I got it. Thanks!
goiks
i'm enjoying the noise at that end of the range quite a bit, especially while running rhythmically modulated noise from my mega percussive synths through it.
VanEck
I don't have one of these yet, but got to play with one at the Chicago Synth meet over the weekend... Scott of The Harvestman had one in his rig.

I was really impressed with it's quality/tones... more so than my Dragonfly delay card for my Z-DSP.

Definitely need to obtain one in the near future. Great job Flight!
HeWhoWantsJeans
Well flight, I got my suitcase finished last night and goddamn - the SoS is awesome. At one point I had the audiobook of Neil Gaiman's 'The Graveyard Book' getting all fucked up.

It was going into a Doepfer A-119, with the Env. Out going into the Delay Rate of the SoS, with feedback goddamn cranked and the whole mix on Wet.

"It sounds like insects chirping," exclaimed my girlfriend, who was unfortunate enough to be left in the room with it going full-speed while I made myself a snack.

Wonderful bit of it, 'flight. Truly. I hope to throw up a demo video in a week or so (GODDAMN SCHOOL).
goiks
VanEck wrote:
I was really impressed with it's quality/tones... Great job Flight!

+1. It definitely has character. Character that I like. So much that I have to order another one.
eyesaw
Had a good feeling on this unit and bought (2). Most outstanding performance w00t . Now 16hp for x-pndrs? Think so - 8_) - Thanks for your works Flight -

Bill
tragedybysyntax
I'm already planning my next 4U boat and 2 of these are going in ASAP! smile
blungo2
eyesaw wrote:
Had a good feeling on this unit and bought (2). Most outstanding performance w00t . Now 16hp for x-pndrs? Think so - 8_) - Thanks for your works Flight -

Bill

So the expander is 8hp? Cool! i can make room for that.
I'm lovin the s.o.s. really glad i chose it over the other contenders.
HeWhoWantsJeans
eyesaw wrote:

Bill

Any word or specs on the expanders? I'd order one up goddamn pronto.
flight
Wow, thank you very much everyone! eek!
Your responses have been so much more than I had expected. This really makes all the effort worthwhile. :cheers:

Expansion Module
I have started a thread for this. Join me, won't you? wink
blungo2
It's an amazing delay. I've run through a kabillion pedal and rack delays when doing guitar stuff. The sos is stellar.
Henfield
Flight, I almost hate to ask again, but has there been an ETA and price for the SOS barebones pack announcement yet? I haven't seen one, but I may have mised it.
Soy Sos
Hey, I just want to send further big-ups to Flight for his excellent follow through, attention to detail and clever designs. Everyone should have at least one of his modules in their system and if you don't I will fight you.
Soapbox
w00t
blungo2
Soy Sos wrote:
Hey, I just want to send further big-ups to Flight for his excellent follow through, attention to detail and clever designs. Everyone should have at least one of his modules in their system and if you don't I will fight you.
Soapbox
w00t

If i had room, i'd definitely have two, then i wouldn't have to fight you at all.
Soy Sos
Everyone who doesn't have a FoH module has 1 year to get one before any fighting begins. That includes 5U people, at least get a Plague Bearer and put it behind a giant ass panel if you must. Buchla and Serge folks are excused I suppose.
d'oh!
HeWhoWantsJeans
Soy Sos wrote:
Everyone who doesn't have a FoH module has 1 year to get one before any fighting begins. That includes 5U people, at least get a Plague Bearer and put it behind a giant ass panel if you must. Buchla and Serge folks are excused I suppose.
d'oh!

I'm thinking of fitting in 2 PB's like you did.

Will 3 FoH modules spare me your wrath?

ADDENDUM: I just hooked up a shitty Casiotone MT240 to my MIDI input of a 190-2 and used Note CV to control the Rate. Then I handed the keyboard to my girlfriend and was like, "hit keys."

Both did this: screaming goo yo

Totally fucking amazing. SoS FTW 2010. Can I vote for it for Pres.?
blungo2
Soy Sos wrote:
d'oh!

Me too, i think i don't have much to fear from you right now as i have two PBs and a choices as well.
chinard
ok, i just got back from vacation, and i had shawn from AH ship the module to where i was staying so i could avoid shipping and customs charges back into canada.

the downside is i had this tempting module sitting in my suitcase for almost 2 weeks before i could use it.

Last night i was able to shuffle things around in my lexington to FIT the SoS and did a little playing around with it.
Definitely an interesting module.
At first i was a little disappointed with the rather short delay times until i started to really play with it to see what kind of sonic mutilation was possible on this creature especially when modulating the rate and feedback with my maths. (Sorry, havent prepared any demos just yet.)

Cant wait for the 'expansion' to come out nanners
I'll have to patch together a 'loop' cable for the insert some time over the next few days so i can pass it through some of my filters.
tIB
Really clicked with the SoS last night... was a bit surprised by its shortness too at first.

Got the pressure points controlling the rate and ULFO doing feedback (or the other way around) and a maths modulating the VCA... hertz donut into it and out to a modulated post lawsuit.

http://soundcloud.com/tib/number-one

Cheers flight thumbs up
jenamu6
Got it, like it.....but I'ts a weird one.
tIB
Chirp chirp its the sound of shadows...

http://soundcloud.com/tib/chirp-chirp
VanEck
Finally got my own SoS today, so I can stop playing with other peoples. Within minutes I was able to get results I like and tune in on my 'sound".

This is exactly what I've been needing, and doubt I will be using my delay pedals or software plugins for my really experimental stuff anymore... no more crazy automation chains or trying to tweak more knobs than my fingers can grasp. being able to CV and sequence this thing is exactly the type of stuff I started building a modular for in the first place... I love delays, can you tell love

The first piece of Hardware I ever bought was a Boss RV-3. I bought it just to run my Police scanners and cheapo Yamaha keyboard through because I was fascinated with chopping up sounds with delays and waves of feedback. This module embodies everything I ever wanted from "delay". It's got the right functions and a sound/tone perfect for me.

Just like the Plague Bearers and Potato Chips, I can definitely say one is just not enough. I foresee me grabbing a second one in the very near future. Also looking forward to the expander very much! hyper
porfiry
Been loving mine...and my other two delays smile
visible cow
I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find out......how deep is this module?

Pretty sure this is the last thing I need to fill my 9u.

Edit: 50mm (according to analogue haven)
Sexual Dolphin
Gotta say that this delay pretty much soars! Not to mention that the service from Flight is impeccable. I thought that I might have an issue with mine(it turned out being an issue with my PSU) and the man was willing to send me another one to use while he fixed mine! Freaking amazing service!

So I was just messing around with an LFO square wave being fed into the SY02 MS20 clone at audio range->SoS. Pretty rad, pretty fun!

tony d
Nice man, Thanks for posting that.
opsysbug
K-k-k-k-k-kkkkkkk- got mine yesterday.
I have a Circuit Bent "Barbie Karaoke Machine" and this thing is it !!
I want another SOS ! (And I love its Goth-y look !)
Thanks FOH for the dirty work.

http://www.casperelectronics.com/finished-pieces/barbie-karaoke/
HeWhoWantsJeans
opsysbug wrote:
K-k-k-k-k-kkkkkkk- got mine yesterday.
I have a Circuit Bent "Barbie Karaoke Machine" and this thing is it !!
I want another SOS ! (And I love its Goth-y look !)
Thanks FOH for the dirty work.

http://www.casperelectronics.com/finished-pieces/barbie-karaoke/

I was actually wondering if the chip in the SoS was similar to the one in the Karaoke machine.

I've got like a dozen un-bent Barbie Karaoke machines in my basement waiting for a massive project. SlayerBadger!
opsysbug
Sure as hell sounds as such !
Heard tell its an amazing but pretty common chipper. Bend those Barbies
and you'll be happy you did. Supposed to be two different ones-one says "echo" and one says "delay". I think one has different bends...ask Casper.
flight
@ opsysbug: You're welcome!
nrdvrgr
I really love the strange artifacts you get from turning the Rate knob almost totally CCW... that noise that emerges when you go from silence to the delay kicking in... especially if you control this with a slooow LFO... then process that further with a PB and some more long delay. Scary shit!
Makingsound
I need more video about this
nrdvrgr
No way... buy the album when it comes out, hahahaa... twisted
tIB
nrdvrgr wrote:
I really love the strange artifacts you get from turning the Rate knob almost totally CCW... that noise that emerges when you go from silence to the delay kicking in... especially if you control this with a slooow LFO... then process that further with a PB and some more long delay. Scary shit!

Yes! I use it much more in this way than as a delay atm. not tried running into a mangler after yet; id imagine that would get pretty dark...
putting a pressure point into the rate is cool too...nice to be able to manually control those lock ups.
flight
nrdvrgr wrote:

I absolutely LOVE doing this - over and over and over and over...
Turn the Feedback to about 10:00, turn the Rate down slowly until it cuts out, then quickly twist the Rate back up to about 9:00/9:30 - not much, so you get the really long and dirty echoes. If you set the Feedback just right (not actually causing "feedback" and not allowing decay) it will just keep going as a really creepy repeating sound; like footsteps, squeals, impacts, etc.
No audio input needed for this by the way, but you could have some if ya wanna.
opsysbug
Sos # 2 (used on the forum) on the way...now things will really get ugly. ambulance
vav
Looks like i'm joining the family.

-----------------Individual Item Breakdown-----------------

Item Ref. Price ea. Qty. Description

screws $3.00 1 Doepfer: Eurorack Screws
tsos_euro $195.00 1 Flight Of Harmony: The Sound
Of Shadows (Eurorack Format)

------------------------End of Order-----------------------
Gribs
Hey guys, I just got my SOS from Glitchmachines today. I made a little patch for experimentation purposes and decided that it might be of interest as a demo. So here it is:

SOS Experiment 01

This is also my first modular synthesizer demo recording post. I hope you find it interesting. I have found that attenuating input modulating signals is an absolute must.
suboptimal
For the sound of Tetsuo the Iron Man jerking off at the very tail end of his last consciousness, send the same CV to the pulser cv in of a R-53 and the SOS Rate CV in, and set them both to that special puking edge they both have.

Love this module.
dude
my second time around on this one is slated for delivery tomorrow. ah the excitement of the friday the 13th delivery of the second sound of shadows.
flight
SlayerBadger!
kosta
That's nice stuff Gribs! Thanks for posting.
ach_gott
I see Bridechamber now has the 5U panel in stock.

So, to be clear, is there an MTA header footprint on there and will it run on +/-15V? I've read the thread, but I don't think I saw a definitive statement. The manual seems to indicate that the answer to both questions is no.
flight
ach_gott wrote:

So, to be clear, is there an MTA header footprint on there and will it run on +/-15V? I've read the thread, but I don't think I saw a definitive statement. The manual seems to indicate that the answer to both questions is no.

My bad, the definitive answer is yes to both for the Barebones Pack, and the module will run fine on ±15V but has the euro header. The SoSBP comes with an MOTM 4-pin header standard.
dude
can the euro header be removed and then put on a 4 pin header safely(if i want to turn my euro module into +/-15v project)?
flight
dude wrote:
can the euro header be removed and then put on a 4 pin header safely(if i want to turn my euro module into +/-15v project)?

eek!
Yeessss... theoretically. If you're damn good at desoldering, soldering, and protecting against ESD. The delay chip is extremely static-sensitive.
dude
ah fuck. that would not be me. who knows. something will get figured out. thanks so much for the prompt info flight. you are fucking awesome!
ach_gott
flight wrote:
ach_gott wrote:

My bad, the definitive answer is yes to both for the Barebones Pack, and the module will run fine on ±15V but has the euro header. The SoSBP comes with an MOTM 4-pin header standard.

Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance
Stab Frenzy
dude wrote:
ah fuck. that would not be me. who knows. something will get figured out. thanks so much for the prompt info flight. you are fucking awesome!

You could maybe make an adapter cable that goes from 4-pin to Euro? shouldn't be too hard.
dude
i think i just sold mine again. complete euro ship jump. i'll get a barbones kit when it comes time and not risk blowing shit up. i will totally miss this delay.
visible cow
Just received my SoS. Beautiful!
tIB
Eureka moment the other day when feeding pitch cv into the feedback: while delaying some atmos stuff it followed pitch in a very nice way. Lead sound on this: http://soundcloud.com/tib/buju-banton

probably best heard at the start and end.
terrafractyl
I just recieved my SoS barebones pack.
I already had a panel waiting, and now I'm in modular delay heaven!
Thanks Flight!

Also I was a bit surprised to open the package, and sitting alongside the SoS was a Plauge Bearer Barebones kit... I certainly didnt order this, and almost didnt want to say anything about it as I'd been meaning to get a 2nd for some time... a xmas present perhaps? w00t

edit: best. customer. service. ever.

we're not worthy
terrafractyl
SlayerBadger!

now to turn the Plague bearer into a double! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Red Electric Rainbow
Just got one a week or two ago...and it probably has been my favorite euro purchase. It has been in every patch since. I have seriously been thinking about doubling up. So affordable to.

Any updates on the model that is supposed to attach to it?
MrBiggs
Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Just got one a week or two ago...and it probably has been my favorite euro purchase. It has been in every patch since. I have seriously been thinking about doubling up. So affordable to.

Hey Daniel, glad you're digging my old SoS. I don't think I got back to you with patch ideas, but sounds like you're rockin' it anyway.
Red Electric Rainbow
MrBiggs wrote:
Red Electric Rainbow wrote:

Hey Daniel, glad you're digging my old SoS. I don't think I got back to you with patch ideas, but sounds like you're rockin' it anyway.

Yeah man. Thanks! The paths for feedback are so versatile. I can really dig deep and find a ton of things I can do with this. Pumped to mix it with the WMD Gama Wave.

I am really interested to see what is supposed to attach to the ribbon pin in the back. It mentions the module in the manual. How long has the SOS even been out for?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 12