MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DAY 3: VCA Quintet Mixing Console
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author DAY 3: VCA Quintet Mixing Console
flo
Indeed it's a very cool feature, great design. Very useful in live situations.

Here are some pics for you of #2:

Cheers! SlayerBadger!
spitznagl
flo wrote:
The knob is bi-functional: from fully CCW to 12 o'clock it does CV attenuation, then from 12 o'clock to fully CW it does offset. That means, if you don't use any CV, sound will start to appear at 12 o'clock; if you use CV, the knob will attenuate that CV up to 12 o'clock, then start to offset it all (so it won't completely close). While it takes a little time to get used to it, I really like this feature, it's awesome!

It is a cool feature indeed, but I would like to point out one thing.

While it does attenuate the range of the cv input the more you go past 12 o'clock (up to nearly no effect), you're then stuck with a loud signal. You still need to use a separate attenuator on the cv source first if you want both control of the range of the cv input and overall amplitude.

If you use the module as six separate vcas, that's not a problem if you further patch the output of the vcas to modules with built-in attenuation on the inputs. If you instead use the mixer aspect of the 802 and have one of the channel that needs to be both low in amplitude and needs to have the modulation source attenuated, you'll need to attenuate that cv source first.

But that's almost never a problem and we all have attenuators anyway. Much better than the linix imho; more compact, versatile mixer and it has the lin/log switches.

Here's mine

bj_gzp
Yes, for me it's as well THE Mixing VCA in Eurorack.
I'm happy with my #3 It's motherfucking bacon yo
ADDAC System
Sorry, test post for our new account!
Paranormal Patroler
Welcome ADDAC System lol
arnoux
Mmm that's hard to understand to me.. Have to think about this point, this one would be the only vca in my system looking at my future expansion plan.. In the plan there's also a couple of maths so no problem with attenuators. The system is quite big, 15u (but with 3 LPGs).. Better keep my uvca around? Even of I'd like to get the Quintet as the only one..

spitznagl wrote:
flo wrote:
The knob is bi-functional: from fully CCW to 12 o'clock it does CV attenuation, then from 12 o'clock to fully CW it does offset. That means, if you don't use any CV, sound will start to appear at 12 o'clock; if you use CV, the knob will attenuate that CV up to 12 o'clock, then start to offset it all (so it won't completely close). While it takes a little time to get used to it, I really like this feature, it's awesome!

It is a cool feature indeed, but I would like to point out one thing.

While it does attenuate the range of the cv input the more you go past 12 o'clock (up to nearly no effect), you're then stuck with a loud signal. You still need to use a separate attenuator on the cv source first if you want both control of the range of the cv input and overall amplitude.

If you use the module as six separate vcas, that's not a problem if you further patch the output of the vcas to modules with built-in attenuation on the inputs. If you instead use the mixer aspect of the 802 and have one of the channel that needs to be both low in amplitude and needs to have the modulation source attenuated, you'll need to attenuate that cv source first.

But that's almost never a problem and we all have attenuators anyway. Much better than the linix imho; more compact, versatile mixer and it has the lin/log switches.

Here's mine

flo
I kept my uVCA after buying the 802. But in my gig case (2 voices), it's the only VCA and more than enough for me...
arnoux
Quote:
If you instead use the mixer aspect of the 802 and have one of the channel that needs to be both low in amplitude and needs to have the modulation source attenuated, you'll need to attenuate that cv source first.

If I get it, it seems I can use for this task even a channel of the 802.. Right?
flo
Yes! That leaves 4 channels for mixing. thumbs up
arnoux
V E R Y G O O D SlayerBadger!
flo
Yes! And actually, it leaves four channels for mixing to two different sums... hihi SlayerBadger!
tiny333
Well having got one of these yesterday i would just like to say my only problem is i now want another.

Its just fantastic

The dual knob thing is very cool

The vca's seem alot nicer than the last mixer i had
And the design is sooo much smarter

Thank you ADDAC

thumbs up
subultresk
tiny333 wrote:
Well having got one of these yesterday i would just like to say my only problem is i now want another.
thumbs up

I avoided this problem and just ordered two…. hihi

tiny333
Best plan

Very nice

thumbs up
sauce
These look to be in stock at Analoghaven now.
ADDAC System
Hello,

We've uploaded 2 new videos for our VCA Quintet:

Part 1: Overview

Part 2: Demonstration

all the very best
andre
Bambou
Great video, very informative applause
arnoux
Thanks for the vid! Quintet really packs a lot and I can see used a lot in my system.. Sadly it sucks a lot of mA and I'm in the edge of power starve, it would push my rack near 1100 mA and my case is just 1200.. hmmm.....
What do you think guys?
flo
Doepfer 1200 mA...?
arnoux
Yes Doepfer LC9, 1200 mA.. With the Quintet on modular grid I reach 1083 mA and I don't know the power consumption of a DIY LPG a friend of mine built tome, but I guess no more than 30 mA.. So I'm very close to the edge.
flo
IME the Doepfer linear PSUs are really stable until you cross the actual max... So if you're sure you're still below it, I wouldn't worry too much.

Still highly appreciating my 802 here SlayerBadger!
arnoux
Ah yeah then Never maintain cash savings again
mapmap
nice.
Summa
we're not worthy applause
flo
Upside down? Not bad either hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4