MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
Paranormal Patroler
Karplus Strong synthesis. Lots of info on the forum.
bj_gzp
ersatzplanet wrote:
I would love to have built in or as an expansion board a LED numeric readout of the file name being played (for queuing up a sound before playing it). If the file naming format is the same as the 101 all that is needed is a standard single 8 segment LED (use the period for double characters - A. for AA or 1. for 11). Performance wise this would help ALOT.

That would be really nice to have. Even more so in a 101, where it's much harder to get back to a specific sample after some random fun.
ersatzplanet
bj_gzp wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:
I would love to have built in or as an expansion board a LED numeric readout of the file name being played (for queuing up a sound before playing it). If the file naming format is the same as the 101 all that is needed is a standard single 8 segment LED (use the period for double characters - A. for AA or 1. for 11). Performance wise this would help ALOT.

That would be really nice to have. Even more so in a 101, where it's much harder to get back to a specific sample after some random fun.

I have a 101 with a full card and that is what made me think like that. At least this modules has a "back" button for file select. It has made me think of using one card for each file (or just 2 or three) to make selection easier.
ws9848
or multiple wav players. that's my plan
bj_gzp
I intend to keep my 101 as well next to the 111. SlayerBadger!

I use the 101 mostly in random mode, because of the reasons Ersatzplant stated already. The only way to get instantly to a known sample out of random is to hit the "Reset" button. It then jumps to sample 2 on the card after the reset.

The new controls on the 111 help a lot to cover for the missing display. By jumping to one of 8 samples with the gates; or by navigating away using forward/backward controls.

Having 2 Wav players makes it easier to swap cards during a set. I bit like mixing records wink I find it easier to work with several cards having a dozen of samples than a card that is full with 72.

Together with the new 802 VCA/Mixer the above technique should become easy, as you can take the sampler out of the mix and cue it using headphones before putting it back into the mix.

Cheers,
Björn
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
Having 2 Wav players makes it easier to swap cards during a set. I bit like mixing records wink I find it easier to work with several cards having a dozen of samples than a card that is full with 72.

Together with the new 802 VCA/Mixer the above technique should become easy, as you can take the sampler out of the mix and cue it using headphones before putting it back into the mix.

Cheers,
Björn

You're some kind of modular DJ then? lol

Maybe you should also try adding this
bj_gzp
I have to admit that i had already the idea of a .WAV battle at a synth meet. Much the same spirit as a DJ/Scratch battle nanners
1 card per round, the card can be changed only between rounds.
Only problem, having enough 101 users at the same meet to organize the battle. Here in BXL i would fight against myself :(
dropthedyle
bj_gzp wrote:
Only problem, having enough 101 users at the same meet to organize the battle. Here in BXL i would fight against myself :(

wait some months and i'll compete !
bj_gzp
dropthedyle wrote:
bj_gzp wrote:

wait some months and i'll compete !

Cool! Jedi hehe
Are intending to go for heavy (111) or light (101) weight class?
dropthedyle
The heavy one kenobi 111
bj_gzp
thumbs up That will be a challenge, knowing your good connections to get raw sample material wink
bodo
bj_gzp wrote:

Well, here's another 101 in Antwerp Jedi
Mercutio
will be happy to assist to your "battle" !! thumbs up
bj_gzp
bodo wrote:

So we are already 3, on top 1 from each language fraction. Lets ask for state subsidies and organize the 1st Belgian .Wav championship hihi
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
bodo wrote:

So we are already 3, on top 1 from each language fraction. Lets ask for state subsidies and organize the 1st Belgian .Wav championship hihi

I'll come over for judge duties and Guinness ftw!
bj_gzp
Mercutio wrote:
will be happy to assist to your "battle" !! thumbs up

Heavy weight class as well is suppose? Guinness ftw!
DonKartofflo
ersatzplanet wrote:
bj_gzp wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

I have a 101 with a full card and that is what made me think like that. At least this modules has a "back" button for file select. It has made me think of using one card for each file (or just 2 or three) to make selection easier.

you should build a 9 fsr expander where you can play the .wav player like an mic lol

no really, am I the only one fantasizing about this! cookie?!?
bj_gzp
DonKartofflo wrote:
no really, am I the only one fantasizing about this! cookie?!?

No,you just come late to the party.
And how can you produce hiphop, without using a sampler by the way? (hides) wink
Dave77
Great Module thumbs up
ws9848
when will this be available?
twospartans
all functions aside:
not feeling the red..
love the golden blonde of the 101
This is fun!
Paranormal Patroler
twospartans wrote:
all functions aside:
not feeling the red..
love the golden blonde of the 101
This is fun!

Sacrilege eek!
ws9848
I like the red so much better. infact I just sent my wav player back to have them change my gold panel with a shiny new red one. it looks so nice plus it matches my other addac stuff now.
Paranormal Patroler
Is an expensive change? I'm thinking of sending my Complex Random for a red panel, I'm waiting to get the expander first and then I'm sending it in as a combo.
bj_gzp
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66882&highlight=

and it wasn't cheap, but designer clothes aren't either hihi

Blue is really nice as well by the way.
Cheers,
Bj[/s]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 2 of 7