MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player
__ag
DAY 7:
ULTRA .WAV PLAYER & EXPANSION

A .WAV Player with more controls for more serious .wav playing.

This will be an addition to out line, both ADDAC101 .WAV Player & ADDAC111 Ultra .WAV Player will be available.

Paranormal Patroler
M a s s i v e eek! hyper
bj_gzp
It's motherfucking bacon yo Rockin' Banana! Bananallama!
Ah everything i wished for that was missing in the 101. Except for the v/oct control. But I can't have it all wink

May the force be with you on that one.
Hoping for a fast introduction to the market.

BJ
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
May the force is with you on that one.
Hoping for a fast introduction to the market.

Darth Vader voice samples is where it's at! w00t
Kent
Fooooook!!! eek!
bj_gzp
You can't believe how hot i'm on that one. The direct triggers make it much more useful than the 101.
Will make a nice combo, 101 to cheat and 111 to rock smile

I hear already a KP patch using samples as drivers, up to 8 different attack sounds to get the virtual string going SlayerBadger!

BJ
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:

I hear already a KP patch using samples as drivers, up to 8 different attack sounds to get the virtual string going SlayerBadger!

BJ

I'd be really interested to see what you have in mind. Can you be more specific?
bj_gzp
mmmh i have plenty of ideas smile not sure if this is the right thread for details.
In short, you make a normal KP patch, but in the place of noise impulses you use samples. Having different length/timbre samples as drivers permits to vary the attack sound a lot, without having to adjust envelopes/filters. basically you record the pulses and trigger them in the sampler as needed.
I had some interesting results with longer samples to make it sound bowed and not plugged as with a pulse.

BJ
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
mmmh i have plenty of ideas smile not sure if this is the right thread for details.
In short, you make a normal KP patch, but in the place of noise impulses you use samples. Having different length/timbre samples as drivers permits to vary the attack sound a lot, without having to adjust envelopes/filters. basically you record the pulses and trigger them in the sampler as needed.
I had some interesting results with longer samples to make it sound bowed and not plugged as with a pulse.

BJ

It's relative to the module so I don't see what we can't converse here. I see your point and it does make sense; I'll try it out if I get my hands on one. I love KP, it's the reason why I'm using modular in the first place.
bj_gzp
The fact that samples are now addressable with CV control and Gates makes it a different tool than the 101.
What could be fun is a sequencer on the Gates in for some simple monophonic drum beats. SlayerBadger!

bj
bj_gzp
André,

Did you change the SD card format? The card-slot seems to be a bit short for a normal SD card. I hope it will stay the same format as for 101. I just stocked up on SD cards.

BJ
numan7
MY ASS IS BLEEDING so this is capable of 8 note chords with arbitrary wave files for each note.... woah which meansI can has multi-timbral sequences of maj/min/aug/sus/dim/etc (using the file cv to sequence both the timbres of the notes and their intervals with respect to the root cv-in?! BOOM!

we're not worthy bravo addac! applause

cheers
bj_gzp
numan7 wrote:
MY ASS IS BLEEDING so this is capable of 8 note chords with arbitrary wave files for each note.... woah which meansI can has multi-timbral sequences of maj/min/aug/sus/dim/etc (using the file cv to sequence both the timbres of the notes and their intervals with respect to the root cv-in?! BOOM!

we're not worthy bravo addac! applause

cheers

NOPE!
It's just a monophonic wave player like the 101 with much more sophisticated control on sample selection.

sorry to shoot you down :(

bj
mDang
did i understand correctly, now we'll can chose the sample with a cv ?
bj_gzp
mDang wrote:
did i understand correctly, now we'll can chose the sample with a cv ?

Yes smile with CV over the playback modes, in the 101 you have only the frontpanel switches for it.
The Gates are for direct access of the first 8 files...

bj
numan7
hmmm..... so the gate inputs on the expander override file-cv on the main 111 panel when any of them is held high? and what happens when more than 1 gate input is active simultaneously?

interesting! smile

cheers
mDang
greaaaaat news smile
i love the error's led !!! haha !
bj_gzp
numan7 wrote:
and what happens when more than 1 gate input is active simultaneously?

I have the same question! I suppose there is a logic like for monophonic keyboards. Not sure if highest or last File has prio.

Cheers,
Björn
awoke
please stop. my finances can't keep pace here!
ersatzplanet
I would love to have built in or as an expansion board a LED numeric readout of the file name being played (for queuing up a sound before playing it). If the file naming format is the same as the 101 all that is needed is a standard single 8 segment LED (use the period for double characters - A. for AA or 1. for 11). Performance wise this would help ALOT.
Mercutio
Pure madness..........The expansion is "core utility" don t understand why it s an expansion!....
spitznagl
Mercutio wrote:
Pure madness..........The expansion is "core utility" don t understand why it s an expansion!....

Why not? If I buy one I won't need the expansion since I could just sequence it using one cv and one gate out of my Cirklon. It's nice to have the possibility to decide depending on your needs. Somebody who doesn't need the 8 gates is going to save 4HP and some money while you're just going to need four extra screws.
Ucture
thumbs up
Selador
This is a game changer for me... The Phonogrne came close to achieving the same sample manipulation I do in a DAW, but this ADDS to what I have in my toolbox. You earned this bacon. It's motherfucking bacon yo

we're not worthy
DoctorDoolittle
bj_gzp wrote:

BJ

will someone please point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find a working definition of "KP patch" seriously, i just don't get it ..... is this a total noooob question?
Paranormal Patroler
Karplus Strong synthesis. Lots of info on the forum.
bj_gzp
ersatzplanet wrote:
I would love to have built in or as an expansion board a LED numeric readout of the file name being played (for queuing up a sound before playing it). If the file naming format is the same as the 101 all that is needed is a standard single 8 segment LED (use the period for double characters - A. for AA or 1. for 11). Performance wise this would help ALOT.

That would be really nice to have. Even more so in a 101, where it's much harder to get back to a specific sample after some random fun.
ersatzplanet
bj_gzp wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

That would be really nice to have. Even more so in a 101, where it's much harder to get back to a specific sample after some random fun.

I have a 101 with a full card and that is what made me think like that. At least this modules has a "back" button for file select. It has made me think of using one card for each file (or just 2 or three) to make selection easier.
ws9848
or multiple wav players. that's my plan
bj_gzp
I intend to keep my 101 as well next to the 111. SlayerBadger!

I use the 101 mostly in random mode, because of the reasons Ersatzplant stated already. The only way to get instantly to a known sample out of random is to hit the "Reset" button. It then jumps to sample 2 on the card after the reset.

The new controls on the 111 help a lot to cover for the missing display. By jumping to one of 8 samples with the gates; or by navigating away using forward/backward controls.

Having 2 Wav players makes it easier to swap cards during a set. I bit like mixing records wink I find it easier to work with several cards having a dozen of samples than a card that is full with 72.

Together with the new 802 VCA/Mixer the above technique should become easy, as you can take the sampler out of the mix and cue it using headphones before putting it back into the mix.

Cheers,
Björn
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
Having 2 Wav players makes it easier to swap cards during a set. I bit like mixing records wink I find it easier to work with several cards having a dozen of samples than a card that is full with 72.

Together with the new 802 VCA/Mixer the above technique should become easy, as you can take the sampler out of the mix and cue it using headphones before putting it back into the mix.

Cheers,
Björn

You're some kind of modular DJ then? lol

Maybe you should also try adding this
bj_gzp
I have to admit that i had already the idea of a .WAV battle at a synth meet. Much the same spirit as a DJ/Scratch battle nanners
1 card per round, the card can be changed only between rounds.
Only problem, having enough 101 users at the same meet to organize the battle. Here in BXL i would fight against myself :(
dropthedyle
bj_gzp wrote:
Only problem, having enough 101 users at the same meet to organize the battle. Here in BXL i would fight against myself :(

wait some months and i'll compete !
bj_gzp
dropthedyle wrote:
bj_gzp wrote:

wait some months and i'll compete !

Cool! Jedi hehe
Are intending to go for heavy (111) or light (101) weight class?
dropthedyle
The heavy one kenobi 111
bj_gzp
thumbs up That will be a challenge, knowing your good connections to get raw sample material wink
bodo
bj_gzp wrote:

Well, here's another 101 in Antwerp Jedi
Mercutio
will be happy to assist to your "battle" !! thumbs up
bj_gzp
bodo wrote:

So we are already 3, on top 1 from each language fraction. Lets ask for state subsidies and organize the 1st Belgian .Wav championship hihi
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
bodo wrote:

So we are already 3, on top 1 from each language fraction. Lets ask for state subsidies and organize the 1st Belgian .Wav championship hihi

I'll come over for judge duties and Guinness ftw!
bj_gzp
Mercutio wrote:
will be happy to assist to your "battle" !! thumbs up

Heavy weight class as well is suppose? Guinness ftw!
DonKartofflo
ersatzplanet wrote:
bj_gzp wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

I have a 101 with a full card and that is what made me think like that. At least this modules has a "back" button for file select. It has made me think of using one card for each file (or just 2 or three) to make selection easier.

you should build a 9 fsr expander where you can play the .wav player like an mic lol

no really, am I the only one fantasizing about this! cookie?!?
bj_gzp
DonKartofflo wrote:
no really, am I the only one fantasizing about this! cookie?!?

No,you just come late to the party.
And how can you produce hiphop, without using a sampler by the way? (hides) wink
Dave77
Great Module thumbs up
ws9848
when will this be available?
twospartans
all functions aside:
not feeling the red..
love the golden blonde of the 101
This is fun!
Paranormal Patroler
twospartans wrote:
all functions aside:
not feeling the red..
love the golden blonde of the 101
This is fun!

Sacrilege eek!
ws9848
I like the red so much better. infact I just sent my wav player back to have them change my gold panel with a shiny new red one. it looks so nice plus it matches my other addac stuff now.
Paranormal Patroler
Is an expensive change? I'm thinking of sending my Complex Random for a red panel, I'm waiting to get the expander first and then I'm sending it in as a combo.
bj_gzp
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66882&highlight=

and it wasn't cheap, but designer clothes aren't either hihi

Blue is really nice as well by the way.
Cheers,
Bj[/s]
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:

Cheers,
Bj[/s]

You have an itch that you can't scratch it seems hihi
bj_gzp
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
bj_gzp wrote:

Cheers,
Bj[/s]

You have an itch that you can't scratch it seems hihi

whistlin' addacts seriously, i just don't get it
ws9848
Is an expensive change? I'm thinking of sending my Complex Random for a red panel, I'm waiting to get the expander first and then I'm sending it in as a combo.

it was 42 euros for the wav player panel. so yeah a little expensive but whatever! their panels are super nice.
Paranormal Patroler
Nah, it's a nice gift to your modular!
bj_gzp
my system sounds much better since i upgraded to red panels! twisted
Thinking about changing frontpanels for the VCC as well.

bj
ws9848
their website has a price for these now. 550 euros!
mapmap
ersatzplanet wrote:

That is a brilliant idea. it would be super useful.
mapmap
Oh, also... is the standard wav player still going to be made after the new one becomes available?
bj_gzp
mapmap wrote:
Oh, also... is the standard wav player still going to be made after the new one becomes available?

No clue about production, but i would check the FS/FT thread for 101 when the 111 gets shipped wink
bj
Paranormal Patroler
bj_gzp wrote:
mapmap wrote:

No clue about production, but i would check the FS/FT thread for 101 when the 111 gets shipped wink
bj

I would check the BST thread right now. It's full of 101's!
e m s a h p
I WANT THIS NEW VERSION !!!
Any release date ?
And I'm gone keep the old 101 BTW !!!
w00t
mafouka
Can someone tell me where to find the Buy/Sell thread?
Paranormal Patroler
eek!
DonKartofflo
God. why the fuck can i not be rich?!
Dirty_Bill
e m s a h p wrote:
I WANT THIS NEW VERSION !!!
Any release date ?
And I'm gone keep the old 101 BTW !!!
w00t

I just had some emails with them, I was told "No Release Date" set...
phylr
Any idea when this might be available in the US?
ws9848
no release date? that sucks. I wish stuff like this was not announced until it was more of a reality
digidandy
So they announce this three months ago, and still can't give a release date?

That's not very promising, is it?
Dirty_Bill
digidandy wrote:
So they announce this three months ago, and still can't give a release date?

That's not very promising, is it?

I'm not old hat here, but experience with a few product release cycles in other small industries has shown that capitalizing on trade show exposure means announcements happen around them - and when a manufacturer gets really excited about a product.

Especially with a small shop, (and that's what I believe ADDAC to be), it can be many months to years for product release.

I'm enjoying my .wav player ii in the interim. Guinness ftw!
xpando
well i was planning to get a .WAV player but if this module is going to be released relatively soon (within the next 3-4 months) then i'll hold off because now that i know this ones being developed i'd much rather have this.

a price point would be nice too.
Paranormal Patroler
Why don't you visit ADDAC Systems and check it out? You might find the info you're looking for there.

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac100-series/addac111

As for any questions regarding availability, I'm certain someone from the ADDAC company will gladly answer at addac [at] addacsystem [dot] com.
dj_bluefalcon
This is incredibly freaking cool. too many wallet-moths in my life to support my hunger.

seriously, i just don't get it
digidandy
Why don't you visit ADDAC Systems and check it out? You might find the info you're looking for there.

As for any questions regarding availability, I'm certain someone from the ADDAC company will gladly answer at addac [at] addacsystem [dot] com.

I have, of course, visited that page, which tells me the price is 550 Euros. I knew that already. It says nothing of availability.

I sent them an email recently, so far they haven't replied.

EDIT: Wohoo! Just got an email, will be available in "3-4 months". I'll wait!
Paranormal Patroler
Let me point out that that part of my answer was directed to xpando who required a price. As for replies I'm not qualified to answer, hopefully we'll all know what ADDAC has in mind.
xpando
Let me point out that that part of my answer was directed to xpando who required a price. As for replies I'm not qualified to answer, hopefully we'll all know what ADDAC has in mind.

got it.. thanks
Paranormal Patroler
thumbs up

If you would be so kind as to post some info if you do get a reply, I for one would certainly appreciate it. Thanks!
Dirty_Bill
thumbs up

If you would be so kind as to post some info if you do get a reply, I for one would certainly appreciate it. Thanks!

+1, please share!
dj_bluefalcon
I REALLY REALLY hope this plays at 44.1k 16-bit instead of 22k.

hyper
ws9848
44.1k 16-bit would be nice
mafouka
Sooo, does the expansion enable samples A-H to be played simultaneously while outputting CV manipulation?
bj_gzp
It seems there is progress with the 111, specs and user guide are online on the product page. This should address some questions above.

Now i hope the module will follow suit.

Guinness ftw!
bj
sandyb
i've heard it won't be too long SlayerBadger!
Paranormal Patroler
Last I heard it's ready already. 8_)
bj_gzp
Ready and shipped are not the same wink
Paranormal Patroler
Have you payed for yours yet dear bj?
sandyb
bj_gzp wrote:
Ready and shipped are not the same wink

true.
i'm waiting for a few other modules as well that need faceplates so mine may well not be an early one to ship.
bj_gzp
Have you payed for yours yet dear bj?

Affirmative. SlayerBadger!
Thats why i made the difference, you can't believe how i'm drooling on the 111 since i've seen the first front panel design.

Pity André didn't implement the V/OCT for pitch control. It was on the initial panel, but got removed from the final design.

Cool thing is that he implemented the retro lighted buttons for state control, not visible from the panel on top of the thread. Rockin' Banana!
Paranormal Patroler
I know how you lusted over it for a long time now. I'm patiently waiting for you to buy one so I can get a good review. hihi

I'm patiently waiting for my Quantizer and Switch to arrive at the mail (it's been a week already seriously, i just don't get it )
SunSpots
I know how you lusted over it for a long time now. I'm patiently waiting for you to buy one so I can get a good review. hihi

I'm patiently waiting for my Quantizer and Switch to arrive at the mail (it's been a week already seriously, i just don't get it )

Quantizer showed up today for me. No time to play. Duty calls smile
bj_gzp

Crossing my fingers you'lll get them fast smile
And i'm sure you'll have some fun with them, they are It's motherfucking bacon yo
Paranormal Patroler
Well, tracking service seems to be stuck in Portugal. I sometimes fantasize about an all red modular case. love It's far away, but I'm getting there.
bj_gzp
there are still some gaps in the product line , an all Red case would be somehow limited from a VCF point of view...
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah, but some echos I've received recently speak otherwise. hihi
bj_gzp
I hope the echo is not set to a long decay time wink
Paranormal Patroler
Not really, it depends on the hall reverb. razz
bj_gzp
I got finally my tracking number 8_)
Next week will be week number 111 hihi
bj_gzp
mmmh, what could still be missing here hmmm.....

bj_gzp
I just got the 111 (and 800x). This will become another endless day at work.
My mind is with the module. seriously, i just don't get it
digidandy
The manual is out:

http://www.addacsystem.com/sites/default/files/files/ADDAC111_USERS_GU IDE_REV2.pdf

Very disappointed that it only supports 22050Hz sample rate, but hopefully all the other stuff can make up for it.
mafouka
WHOA BRO. This manual is very helpful in the quest for understanding.

For those who have the expansion, does the File CV ATT knob affect the expansion file order (Example: A-H is the left most knob position, T-Z is the right most knob position)???

Anyone want to format a .wav player file naming script? It'd sure save some time!
bj_gzp
The cv file pot doesn't affect teh expansion. They are hardcoded to file A to H. The CV file pot affects the sample it loads after a reset.

And yes, i would love a script for the file naming!
Paranormal Patroler
So come on already, we need reviews and demos!
tiny333
Stupid question deleted it

Xxx

thumbs up

Cant wait to get hold of one of these
My mind is exploding with the possibilities ....
The expansion mod is such a great idea
HIMA
this module is perfect for my needs in every way except for the 22050 Khz quality, which is a deal killer. so sad... Dead Banana
tiny333
Really ??? I bet its pretty much the same ...
HIMA
Hmm, ok looking into this. as i understand it you can never reproduce audio frequencies higher than half the sampling rate. 44100 Hz sample rate will give max audio frequency about 22050 Hz. With 22050 Hz sample rate, you will only have audio frequencies below 11025.

However... that seems only true of stereo. Mono looks to be ok.

Am i wrong? Can anyone school me on this?
bj_gzp
Nyquist theory is applicable no matter if mono or stereo. You lose just one octave in bandwith. And in general music happens at frequencies well below 11 kHz.

If you just want to replay samples in high quality, i think you are better off with a ipod/smartphone/tablet using a 804 or other input module.

I use the 101 and 111 extensively and the 22kHz didn't cause me any trouble, as the sound is processed further in the modular chain. I like running it through a distortion and a fedback loop in a digital delay, which adds harmonics higher up.
tiny333
Arrggggggg

Dead Banana
digidandy
You can easily hear the difference between 44 and 22 in any sample editor. Just load your 44 sample, convert to 22KHz, and hear the difference. Trivial, I know - but still.

I was thinking about going for the 111, but then I heard how much treble you lose in a sample when it only goes to 11(KHz - but I had to reference Spinal Tap), so I called it off.
tiny333
Still dont believe you

I will let you know once my ultra arrives

In fact i will post a drum loop

And you can tell me

thumbs up

On a brighter note does anyone have any advice re the card working with a mac ?

I have just bought a card reader
Not sure which card or what size
I mostly plan to only have 8 samples on a card

thumbs up
digidandy
I have written confirmation from ADDAC that it only supports up to 22050Hz sample rate, so no need to post drum loops. wink

And as far as the 44.1 vs. 22.05KHz sample difference, anyone can hear it in a sample editor, as I wrote above. It's pretty self explanatory that a drum+hihat sample will sound pretty different when the cutoff is at 11KHz and 22KHz. Tons of information in a hihat sound that extends above 11KHz.
tiny333
We will see

smile
abstraktor
It's a bit convoluted to format the SD card on a mac, as it's FAT16. It has to be done via the Terminal:

To format the SD card, you will need the path to the SD card device and the SD card device number.
1. Insert the SD Card into a card reader.
2. If you don't know how to find the device number of the SD Card, here is one way to do it:
2b. Open Disk Utility
2c. Highlight the SD Card device (upper icon), not the SD Card volume (lower icon)
2d. Click Erase at the top of the window
2e. Select Volume Format: MS-DOS (FAT) Click Erase... > Click Erase
The SD Card Volume Name will change to the UNIX device number e.g. "disk5s1". Note this number as it will change by itself to "Untitled". It is now formatted in MS-DOS FAT 32. We need to reformat it in FAT 16.

Once you have the device number of the SD Card, you need the path to the SD card device.
3. For my Mac, the path to devices is "/dev". In a terminal window: type "cd /dev" and hit the "Return" key to go to the "dev" directory. Then type "ls" (with a lower case L) and "Return" key. You should see the SD Card device number listed.

Formatting the SD Card in FAT 16:
4. In Disk Utility, highlight the SD Card device and click Unmount at the top, not Eject. The desktop icon of the SD card will disappear.
5. Go to the Terminal window. Be careful to type the following command with the correct letter case and spacing. Again, make sure you type the correct device number and path as you can very easily erase your hard drive in UNIX.
Type the command:
newfs_msdos -F 16 (path to SD Card device)/(SD Card device number)
e.g. newfs_msdos -F 16 /dev/disk5s1
and hit the "Return" key.
6. If you get just a new prompt (or a prompt with some warnings, e.g. below), the command executed successfully. You can remove the SD Card; it is now formatted in FAT 16. You can verify this in Disk Utility after mounting the SD Card.
If you get some instructions on the newfs_msdos command with a new prompt, the command did not execute. Make sure you enter the command with the correct case and spacing. Hint: to re-enter a previous command you typed, hit the up arrow repeatedly. For more information, type: "man newfs_msdos". Scroll with arrow keys. Type "q" to quit and return to prompt.

Warnings Example
newfs_msdos: warning: /dev/disk5s1 is not a character device
/dev/disk5s1: 1998208 sectors in 62444 FAT16 clusters (16384 bytes/cluster)
bps=512 spc=32 res=1 nft=2 rde=512 mid=0xf0 spf=244 spt=32 hds=128 hid=0 bsec=1998738

Not exactly a no brainer. This has killed the Wav player for me I'm afraid, because it was looking a good alternative to the Phonogene.
tiny333
Thank you very much for the detailed response

I have not recieved it yet so do not know quite how painful this will be
It cant be that bad....... Can it ?

I have a phonogene .... A very different beast

I have a go pro im hoping that formats to fat14 or whatever

Maybe andre could sell us some formatted cards ?

hihi
tiny333
I have a computer shop up the road i will just buy a load of cards from them and make them format them

Da na !!

Job done i cant miss out on this it can sort my life out

The phonogene is my fav makenoise modual the one i wont ever sell
But u cant store recall or even get it back once u touched it

SlayerBadger!
ADDAC System
tiny333 wrote:

Maybe andre could sell us some formatted cards ?

Soon formated SD cards will be avaliable at ADDAC's webstore. But it's already possible to order them.
Price is 7euros each unite.

All the best,
ADDAC Team
tiny333
That is fantastic thank you

I need ten when u send the ultra

Xx

thumbs up
gwpt
Can anyone report size/brand of micro sd cards that worked?
Thanks
ADDAC System
Hi!

Sizes below 1Gb work for sure, we also had good results with 2 and 4gb
cards, from our experience brands are not important.

And there's a new great app to format cards in the right manner, available
for windows and osx:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

All the best,
ADDAC Team
ADDAC System
ADDAC111 Ultra .WAVplayer and ADDAC111b Ultra .WAVplayer Expansion now in stock.

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac100-series/addac111b

All the best,
ADDAC System
tiny333
Booody wonderful box

I got sd cards ready formatted from addac

Dowloaded the cleaner app and its all as easy as ABC

Now i want another !

Thing sounds wonderful as well btw

thumbs up

Drums sound good
tiny333
https://soundcloud.com/jagged-lip-theinstalation/addac111-ultra-wav-dr um

here is a drum sample as promised

sound ok to me

thumbs up
tiny333
[s]https://soundcloud.com/jagged-lip-theinstalation/addac111-ultra-wav -drum[s]

??

shit i have no idea how to inbed a soundcloud track sorry

hmmm.....
mafouka
i <3 my 111 !!!
Noisefan
I want/need this.

So, for the most part, do most people address simple samples like drums/stabs or do you use more complex long-formsamples. Seems drums would not be too affected by the 22khz sample rate. Or does that crash loose too much sizzle?
tiny333
Well i posted a drum sample u tell me

thumbs up

You can use it in so many different ways .. Thats the fun of it i guess

Its great when all the lights are flashing and its just doing its crazy thing

Rockin' Banana!
Noisefan
22.5khz seems adequate. Fine. Near Mint?

I am very intrigued by this Ultra module but am still looking for some more info.

How do people use/play it. Manually with knobs? CV manipulation? If you've got the expander to hit 8 samples how do you address all 8?

I've watched a few videos of the basic wav player and I see a lot of knob turning with not much response. How much control and variety is possible?
tiny333
Well its a bit unique

Reading the manual should explain what you can do with it
I have the expansion but tbh tend to use the file access cv
Im sure it will come in handy one day

All in all its a wonderful modual and i need another

8_)
balpirol
has anyone tested more than 36 files ?
I tested files a.wav,...0.wav until 9.wav
All files 22050 kHz mono
all was okay.
But copying the next file aa.wav (22050 kHz, mono) there was an error.
Deleting all files and renaming aa.wav to a.wav, then copying this new a.wav on card there was no error any longer.
Mysterious. Firmware error ?
digidandy
Can the 111 do "false time stretching", that is cycle through a sample with very short loop times so it sounds like it is being time stretched?

Any sound examples?
balpirol
after testing and corresponding with ADDAC it is not possible to use more than 36 files (only a-z, 0-9). Filenames like aa does not work.
lyfer
This thing is unbelievable.
ADDAC System
Hi!

You Can check the new ADDAC111 demo videos here:

All the best,
ADDAC Team
lyfer
ADDAC System wrote:
Hi!

You Can check the new ADDAC111 demo videos here:

All the best,
ADDAC Team

I had just watched these before I posted. Amazing work.
pantalones
Sorry if i'm missing this in the description, but can this sample from an input or does it only playback off SD?
JNG
No sample input, it reads samples off a micro sd card
noisefor
Recently got a 111, and WOW, what a truly amazing and innovative circuit! Well exceeded my expectations once I got it lit up and my head around the functions. Anyone looking for unconventional ways to work with samples in a modular context this is it. Really nothing else like it. The sample rate is a non-issue (imo), and formatting cards is super easy (on a Mac). It's like a dream - The closest thing I had for this type of sampling fun was Max/MSP, and now its all in my modular. Best part is it's purely dependent on what I feed it - so great!
mafouka
Anybody care to share how they keep their micro SD cards organized (physically)? ? ?

They've got these bad boys available, but there's not much room to label what's on the card, plus they only hold 10 cards. Are any of you marking directly on the card using a marker/sticker?

I got crafty and shaped some tape holsters onto graft paper where I could label the content of each card. This method is ok for the studio, but not very sturdy when it comes to transporting for gigging etc.
mafouka
Is anyone else having trouble formatting their SD cards on Win8???
mafouka
OK,

Andre got back to me quickly and informed me Win 8 now leaves hidden carrier files in SD cards now cry . . . Although, there is a solution!

The solution is to run Command Prompt from the start menu and then enter in the following prompt:

"RmDir /s /q "e:\System Volume Information"

remember you'll need to change the "e:\ suffix to whatever letter the SD card comes up as, depending on how many drives u got running in yr system. Mine was h:\ for example.

cheers
Mosiej
this is amazing . I want one.... time to sell the octatrack?
jc23
great module, just got one. keenly priced these days too boot!

keep the octatrack!
nedrush
Hi. I'm considering one of these but the sample rate seems real poor compared to others I've looked at, plus the naming system of files seems faffy.

Im going by what I've read in the manual from 2013. Have there been any updates?

I think what I'm really asking is what's the audio quality like. Cheers.
jc23
as i have to re sample most things to 22050, as well as renaming when saving, the file name system hasn't really bothered me.

audio quality, it works for me.

great module.
nedrush
I've got one. Have had a quick play but nothing deep yet. Seems I can't play samples backwards?

Otherwise I think I'll have some good use for it. Would love to hear other people patch ideas.
ADDAC System
nedrush wrote:
I've got one. Have had a quick play but nothing deep yet. Seems I can't play samples backwards?

Otherwise I think I'll have some good use for it. Would love to hear other people patch ideas.

Glad you're enjoying it! thumbs up
nedrush
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:

I am, although I had some questions I sent in a tech support email from the website, I don't know if that was received? Or if indeed you are connected to that contact?
ADDAC System
nedrush wrote:
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:

I am, although I had some questions I sent in a tech support email from the website, I don't know if that was received? Or if indeed you are connected to that contact?

I don't handle emails myself, unless you send me a PM here. In any case I will make sure you get a reply! Just in case your questions are simple, have you checked the user's manual for the ADDAC111 ?
nedrush
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:

I don't handle emails myself, unless you send me a PM here. In any case I will make sure you get a reply! Just in case your questions are simple, have you checked the user's manual for the ADDAC111 ?

I've checked the manual. My unit seems a little buggy in places. It may be because it's from a previous owner. Something don't work as described. I wondered if there was a way to reset the firmware or factory settings.
ADDAC System
nedrush wrote:
I've checked the manual. My unit seems a little buggy in places. It may be because it's from a previous owner. Something don't work as described. I wondered if there was a way to reset the firmware or factory settings.

Hi nedrush, would you please be so kind as to send another email to addac@addacsystem.com ? They'll help you out.
nedrush
ADDAC System wrote:
nedrush wrote:

Hi nedrush, would you please be so kind as to send another email to addac@addacsystem.com ? They'll help you out.

Ok. I've sent an email. Thanks.
ADDAC System
We have a new firmware on the loose!And while on these we also offer a significant price drop in BOTH modules!

The pdf below features all info regarding upgrading the ADDAC101 and ADDAC111 Module, including necessary hardware, physical connections and download links.

ADDACSystem .WAV Players Firmware Update Guide:
http://media.addacsystem.com/firmwares/WAV_Firmware_Guide.pdf

Last update version:
ADDAC111: E0, February 5th, 2018

Changes Log:
.On OSX no need to eject the card through a special App.
- Files still need to be named as before.
.Small correction regarding synchronization when triggering a file.

.ADDAC111 now supports up to 72 files.
groovar
I’m sorry if my brain is failing I’m having a hard time understanding this line:

“If the loop size is set for 1/4 of the sample, then the start point will only be available from 0 to 3/4 of the file”

Is that supposed to say zero to 1/4 of the file?
groovar
still trying to grok this
tom moody
Yes, I think they mean 1/4. The loop and start knobs are interdependent, so as you change one you are usually fiddling with the other. Eventually you find a comfort zone for each sound (ideally with the start knob at a zero-crossing point so you avoid pops or clicks).
groovar
I think I was able to figure this out (although still wrestling with the SD cards to actual play a sample I can test)

By “start point” they mean specifically the start point of the loop, not the sample. So if the loop is 1/4 the size, the start point of the LOOP can only move down the sample 1-3/4 until it hits the end of the sample (because the loop is 1/4)

I actually had to see this drawn out and animated for it to click, the manual language was just a bit tricky

Still having a very hard time with the card formatting, making progress, hope to have it solved tomorrow
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 7