MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Building a pair of TM3030's + Looking for two 1M ALPS Pots
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Building a pair of TM3030's + Looking for two 1M ALPS Pots
Stretchy
Hi, I'm looking for a couple of 1M ALPS Pots for a couple of TM3030's I'm building and altho' the info maybe on here to find them I have to post before I can search, so here's my first post!

FYI everything else is available from RS and Farnell for £105 inc 1U case (£40 ish).

3080's, from FleaBay, oh and now have the 'Y's from 'DoctorTweek'; still need the Alps Pots......Help!

I've various bits of kit but love my Micron and ESX + KP3 but have recently got an FS1R and with the pair of TM's hope to make much more musical madness!

Cheers from Brisol.

Stretchy.
Synthbuilder
I use the Alpha 1M log pots from Rapid.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/16mm-Commercial-poten tiometers-65222

Tony
Stretchy
Replied Privately but thought good to post.

Although RAPID supply the part tis a shame as no major supplier supplied ALL the right pots.

The Squidgy Knobs! from Rapid are sweet and only fit a splined shaft and I'm going to to have to drill them out to fit the smooth shafted pots from RS/Farrnell (can't remember?) and cut the shafts (which is a pain)too.

Ebay seem to offer cheapy (0.99p)

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ha5ia?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

splined shafted ones at ALL the right values.

So does anyone know;

1, If the EBay ones are OK?

2, Any major supplier that supplies all values with splined shaft?

Build finished apart from the 100nF Poly cap for the VCO, probably the most important component, still waiting for Farnell to provide.

Looking to sequence two of these with an Alesis Micron's built in Phase sequencer and MaNgLe them with a KP3 and would like to know if anyone has had similar experience!

I expect Not, but you never know!

ALL the Best

Stretchy (Bristol, UK).
J-Acid
I got all the pots from here last week..http://www.doctortweek.co.uk/
The fella is quite helpful and friendly if any problems arise.

cheers
J
Stretchy
Ah,
Mr Acid, very good!
Would be good to get a full list of parts and suppliers up here but I guess it's half the fun finding out!

Ta.

Stretchy.
J-Acid
No prob, glad to help. When i built mine a few years back i used different places for bits, Dalbani, Littlediode, Farnel, Rapid...........Even Ebay. Good thing was getting the resistors in 100 packs, plenty of stuff left over for other projects.

cheers
J
J-Acid
Also been using these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300707256174?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksi d=p3984.m1497.l2649 for my current projects, come in different colours and fit the pots i got perfectly
Stretchy
Thanks Mr Acid, good info!

Funny tho' I haven't used thru hole comps for years and generally work with SMT now, so was an easy build as I could actually See the components! All good fun.

How are you controlling yours? I intend to use the phase sequencer from my micron after I sussed out the sequences in Reaper, then mangle using a KP3 as a midi controller. Early days but will finish and fire em up this wkend.

Cheers

Stretchy
Stretchy
Deleted duplicate post, blinkin on screen keyboards is pants!

Stretchy
J-Acid
I run mine via Cubase, sometimes use (Techno Toys) Sequence 303 sync with Cubase, for some reason it just sounds spot on using Sequence 303..........But, it depends, sometimes i play something and record it in Cubase then mod the hell out of it in the key edit screen. The TM3030 is a beautiful sounding synth, would sound superb being run from an Acidlab Autobot sequencer, just haven't worked out how to get cv into it yet. I wish i hadn't gutted my TB3031 for one of my TM's, really regret it....

On another note, in the past people thought it was an actual TB i used in certain 'tracks' ..........

cheers
J
Stretchy
Thanks for the info, will give the Techno Toys software a go, looks nice n easy to use.

The TB3031 looks quite a beast I'm sure you can bring it back to life!

OK, re the 'CV' control, just compare the TM schematic with the TB, just some opamp and resistors, but asking Tony would be the best I guess.

Many thanks

Stretchy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1