MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eventide H9 - new pedal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Eventide H9 - new pedal
Kingnimrod
Eventide H9

smaller form factor...

from the site:
It features a simple, one-knob user interface and also connects wirelessly via Bluetooth to iPods, iPhones and iPads for creating and managing presets, live control and in-app algorithm purchases.
While the H9 is fully controllable via its front panel, a free iOS app, H9 Control, can be downloaded to your iPhone or iPad for live editing, creating and managing presets and changing system settings wirelessly via Bluetooth.
The H9 features stereo audio I/O, MIDI I/O, Expression Pedal, and Auxiliary Switch inputs. All of Eventide's stompbox algorithms and their associated presets are available for in-app purchase.
The H9 comes loaded with a set of our most popular algorithms taken from Eventide's award-winning stompboxes:

From ModFactor:
Liquid Chorus
Organic Chorus
Shimmer Chorus
Classic Chorus
Phase XO Chorus
Bias Tremolo

Opto Tremolo

From PitchFactor:

H910
H949
Crystals
Tuner

From TimeFactor:
Tape Echo
Vintage Delay

From Space:
Shimmer
Hall
Kingnimrod
am I going to be pissed that I just recently bought a SPACE?
vav
lol @ "Hotknob"
Ranxerox
This actually looks kind of cool. I've never been taken with the Factor/Space pedals as I already have an H3500 DFX, but this looks like it could offer a taste of the same flexibility in a much more giggable package.
skipperdean
Oooooohhh!!!!

Kingnimrod: No
sascha.victoria
Bluetooth?!?!?!!???!???
thevegasnerve
I think its an excellent concept and if it allows you to upload presets from the factor pedals, then its really awesome. Integrating with the Ipad is a great idea and provides a ton of flexibility especially if tied to an app. applause
GovernorSilver
Kingnimrod wrote:

Not if you like having 10 knobs on your pedal instead of one Hotknob. If you'd gone the H9 route, you'd probably have to use an iPad or external MIDI controller to do deep editing.

Also, let's see how much Eventide charges for the Space algorithms not included in the H9.
That's pretty awesome! I <3 my space, and have an iphone, so I think I might grab one of these!
greenscreens
can you use this without an iphone or an ipad?
dan_p
I think its a horrible idea, I hate it, but I am very grumpy.

I've seriously had enough of all this stupid iShite, I'm becoming an iLuddite.

I miss the old times......

you kids get off my lawn
ignatius
It says right in the 1st post that you don't need an iPhone to use it

Anyway this is the first iPhone thing that sounds well implanted to me and logical.

Everything else other than the lemur/OSC controller stuff is just novelty toys.

Not that I need/want an Eventide pedal

Also at least once a week I tweet "fuck your stupid iPad"
Entrainer
I'd rather have the knobs on the individual pedals.

That's why I like those pedals, they feel more like
modules/synths to me instead of menu-diving or
using a computer/VSIG editor.

Plus you can send them CV thru the footpedal input
and assign what parameters it modulates.

ignatius wrote:

My little girl has an iPad-mini which is cool for her.
There are some fun Alphabet games where she traces
the contour of the letters.

She also has Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, and Where's My Water
and those games are addicting! (which is why I don't have one myself)

Every so often, I consider the Tetra Maps Euro + iPad combo...
then I remember the combined price and come to my senses.
MrDys
Seems like there's going to be a lot of these types of things soon enough.
polyslax
Looks pretty cool to me, definitely interested... if I can wrest the iPad away from my wife.
Yip2
I can't wait to find out more about this.. How much for the pedal, how much for additional algorithms, and can algorithms be stacked together?
ignatius
Entrainer wrote:
I'd rather have the knobs on the individual pedals.

That's why I like those pedals, they feel more like
modules/synths to me instead of menu-diving or
using a computer/VSIG editor.

Plus you can send them CV thru the footpedal input
and assign what parameters it modulates.

ignatius wrote:

My little girl has an iPad-mini which is cool for her.
There are some fun Alphabet games where she traces
the contour of the letters.

She also has Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, and Where's My Water
and those games are addicting! (which is why I don't have one myself)

Every so often, I consider the Tetra Maps Euro + iPad combo...
then I remember the combined price and come to my senses.

my "fuck your stupid ipad" tweets are usually in reference to some person saying "zomg would so cool if you could make an ipad version.. let me know when that's ready otherwise i'm not interested"... or some twat calling himself an "iMusician" which just makes me eye roll so hard i fall over.

or some really stupid ipad thing that in no way makes producing music any easier, sound any better or any more fun..

i think ipads are cool for all kinds of things.. i just get tired of people trying to make them the "do everything catch all" for music production. it just makes no sense to me.

for example.. i submit this

noobyscooby
So only existing stompbox algos can purchased? I guess because it couldn't handle more complex ones in the Eclipse and the DSP4000 and up series. Probably won't be very stackable either if it's only got stompbox processing power.

Won't be throwing out the eclipse just yet I guess.
ThinLazy
more knobs please ...
Kent
A video posted by our own Mighty SDuck:

Jason Brock
Kingnimrod wrote:

I doubt it. If this H9 thing had the Blackhole program I'd be really excited, but with just Shimmer and Hall I'd still want the Space.
Tombola
So, when a new new iOS comes out in 3 years and Eventide have the H9 v3 to support, with all fancy new algorithms, they drop support for this 'legacy product' and... it becomes a door-stop that you can't edit, while the Space works just fine.

If I'm buying hardware, I want hardware, not a fancy dongle for some software.

(Can you tell I used to own a Nord Modular?)
GovernorSilver
Jason Brock wrote:
Kingnimrod wrote:

I doubt it. If this H9 thing had the Blackhole program I'd be really excited, but with just Shimmer and Hall I'd still want the Space.

"All of Eventide's stompbox algorithms and their associated presets are available for in-app purchase."

http://ftp.eventide.com/h9/index.htm
Jason Brock
GovernorSilver wrote:
Jason Brock wrote:
Kingnimrod wrote:

The site says you can purchase additional algorithms, such as Blackhole, in-app.

I see that now, missed it on the first read. That's really cool. I'll seriously consider getting one of these now.
GovernorSilver
Lol, caught me mid-edit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7