MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Blacet Racks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Blacet Racks
rezzn8r
I think they look pretty sexy! Blacet Dinner at the Y booty wiggler
jamb
Yeeeeah, just whats we wanted
noobyscooby
Price yet? Don't see any on the site.
BugBrand
From BlacetMail:

Quote:
Just in time for NAMM! (Which we almost never go to...)

Two new ultra neat module enclosures with built in power supplies and distribution.

One for rack mount and one for stand alone. Both hold up to 20 1.5" modules.

Build in power means no more PS505 hanging off the back. Total depth is 8" versus the old Rak and PS505 at 9.5".

Compared to the original rack (you would need two plus the PS505, PSCONN2) the new unit weighs 3 lbs versus 4 lbs, 8.5 oz.

Even the standalone version is a bit lighter.

Plus 60% more power. And no switching for Europe. Just plug in the IEC power cord for your country.

Pricing is expected to be the same or a bit less.

See more on our main page...

We have stock. Order page will be open in a few days!
jamb
i like the looks of rak-2. way better option than a bulky 6u flight case for basic transport...
rezzn8r
The email said pricing would be similar to the current equivalent, so I'm guessing around $299 maybe?
noobyscooby
Nice. This will solve a lot of future issues of where I was thinking of going and how to get there with my system.
Samuron
Rats; just bought the 500ma PSU two weeks ago. d'oh!

At least I got the module discount.
scozbor
Looks cool! but after putting wooden rails in a rast for $20 I can't justify the price. If I had a disposable income though... Dead Banana
slow_riot
hope he has some modules in the works!
synthcube
Me too! I am encouraged by the recent re-release of Time Machine kits etc.
alesauskas
Agreed that these look sleek. I like the portability of the second one, and it's just about the perfect size for my system, as soon as I build my newly acquired Time Machine It's peanut butter jelly time!
dogoftears
really killer, nice to have a bigger PSU in frac, i will probably get one considering i have over 3U of unpowered blacets at the moment...
Babaluma
fantastic news, has me jonesing again, but not gonna go there as no way to get my vcs, boogie and time machine back, all were essential to my system!
pulse_divider
I've been DIYing my frac cases lately but if the price is right I might get one to expand, they look nice. Looking forward to seeing a price.
fracmonkey
Prices and order links are up. Super Stack anyone? beer!
Adam-V
As sexy as these new frames are, I actually prefer the old frames.

I hope the PS505 supplies don't get discontinued too.

Cheers,
Adam-V
Babaluma
nice price!
noobyscooby
$299 for rack, $359 for enclosure.

Not sure if I will ever expand a whole 6 more U of Frac though. Might be fine just finishing up a 3. If anyone wants to buy one of these and sell me a PS500/505 hit me up.
jamb
wonder if there is any quality loss with the new 800/ma PSU. probably gonna try one of these out down the road....
whitewulfe
That SuperStack is freaking GORGEOUS!
induktor
Those look great except I do prefer the ehem, modularity of the 3U frames. I'm gradually expanding my frac system and am looking for other options and it appears that the frac cases available from Paia are essentially the same as the old blacet frames but haven't confirmed this yet.
Cat-A-Tonic
induktor wrote:
it appears that the frac cases available from Paia are essentially the same as the old blacet frames but haven't confirmed this yet.

The old blacet racks are said to be considerably more robust/sturdy than the PAiA ones.
fracmonkey
Looks like Paia only sells the whole package now, with top, bottom, rear covers. This helps sturdy up the construction.

$62.95. I would bet everything but the ears are still raw aluminum for that price.
e-grad
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
induktor wrote:
it appears that the frac cases available from Paia are essentially the same as the old blacet frames but haven't confirmed this yet.

The old blacet racks are said to be considerably more robust/sturdy than the PAiA ones.

Yes. The racks are rather different. I've several of both makes and the PAiA ones are sturdy enough for me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2