MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New PSU board preview
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author New PSU board preview
Synthbuilder
This board is for people building small systems. It should be able to run from a AC output wallwart - but, if you know what you are doing, you'll be able to drive it from a suitable transformer.

It contains the regulators, heatsinks and seven MTA headers for easy connection to small 5U based system.

The boards have been ordered and should be available before the end of the month.

Tony
the bad producer
This looks great Tony!

I recently bought and populated two of your standard PSU's, and they are great (despite my best attempts to sabotage one of them by connecting the AC inputs incorrectly!)

I do need some more quite soon though, do you have a rough idea of the current these can supply? Also, must they run off the Yamaha lump as specced for the other supply, or would it be a 15vAC job?

Charlie
Synthbuilder
the bad producer wrote:
I do need some more quite soon though, do you have a rough idea of the current these can supply? Also, must they run off the Yamaha lump as specced for the other supply, or would it be a 15vAC job?

You could run it from the Yamaha line lump as before but the basic idea is that it will run from a suitably powerful AC wallwart that provides 17V rms of output. A stock 15V may work since most of them quite happily stick out more voltage than they should. The 500mA Maplin variable one is a case in point which lies about its actual output and produces a bunch more than it says on the control knob.

However, a single output 500mA wallwart will only safely drive 250mA per rail once the output has been half wave rectified.

I need to do final testing with real wallwarts before I can safely say what the upper limits are going to be. But I really don't expect this to replace the other supply - its really for small systems that are powered with a small 500mA AC wallwart.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1