MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PEQ
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author PEQ
BugBrand
http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&pr oducts_id=112

Looks like:

From this morning's mailout:
Quote:
This is something of an experiment - I'd not really planned to make a device like this, but.. a meeting with a Japanese musician and a seeing a piece of old equipment in a Swedish music store.. I wanted such a machine for my own work so a seed was planted.

The PEQ is compact, but ergonomic, with oversized frequency knobs.
Three fully parametric EQ bands (variable Frequency and Width, coupled with 15dB Cut/Boost), bookended by Low and High Cut Filtering.
Ideal for all line level signals, whether in-series on as a desk insert - use it subtly or push it for pronounced effects.
Housed in a custom aluminium case, based on the Modular line (and something that will no doubt be used for other future designs) with striking PCB panel & cheeks.
Worldwide PSU provided.

£180 + shipping [+EU VAT where applicable]

As I say, I see this release as something of an experiment - the full run will initially be only 25 units split over two batches. I am not guaranteeing future availability beyond this, but if feedback is positive then...
opsysbug
Big knobs. I grabbed one.
nanners
flo
Wow looks like an old rotary mixer's isolator brought to modular land applause
BugBrand
I had to google Rotary Mixer ... didn't know the term..

MmmMmm!

(and, yes, truly the PEQ is Modular in size - 3FW)
flo
Yeah that's what I'm talking about hihi The isolator I was referring to is the BIG KNOBS lol
chrisdermo
way too skint to use my overdraft on this.

Tom, please give us at least a good 2 weeks before the next batch!
miditerranean
The PEQ looks really nice! I would have bought one if I had the money today. I'm going to try to get one from the next batch. In the meantime, I'll be anxious to hear any sounds users make with theirs. More specifically, with a BugBrand system.
chrisdermo
i'll second that - would love to hear anything anyone makes with one of these
Paradigm X
I didnt have the cash for the approximately 2 hours these badboys were in stock, which my accountant (!) will thank me for. lol
KNYST
a very inviting design. touchy touchy feely feely w00t
numan7
hmmm..... has the 2nd batch been put up for sale yet?

cheers
BugBrand
Nope!
Soon..
richard
I totally missed this. If it is related to the EQ in the latest PT delay then I think I want one
dogoftears
i would like 99 more pls
shady smiles
dogoftears wrote:
i would like 99 more pls

Now there's an emphatic endorsement! smile

I'm lining the coffers for the next batch too.

This is fun!
BugBrand
Well, I won't do the same version again - been looking a bit over the last year how to make the parts voltage controlled (possibly stereo too) - I've had some test boards since before Christmas, but you know how little building time I've had..

Yes, the PT Delay had the Low & High bands just like on the PEQ.

TA!
shady smiles
BugBrand wrote:
been looking a bit over the last year how to make the parts voltage controlled (possibly stereo too)

eek!

In that case, I'm almost glad I missed the first round!

So. Awesome.
BugBrand
Yeah, but don't hold your breath...
shady smiles
No, no, of course. I'm well aware you've got other fish to fry at the moment. Just excited for what's on the horizon. Have fun Tom!
richard
Stereo would be the thing for my purposes

what I really like is the DJ style "kill" EQs in my mackie d420 mixer, which you can use to silence the band completely or to solo one band. It is not so much the sound, which is quite "mackie", but the function I appreciate which makes it possible to work in quite a radical way

http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.html?u=/products/u420/photos/U.42 0_TOP.jpg

with those and the EQ in the PT delay (which seems similar in a way - less radical but sounds better) I am finding new ways of working so I'm definitely interested in where you are going with this idea Tom
tIB
Colour me interested too- I have a pair now which I run in dual mono/stereo, I'd pull those out for mono duties if a stereo version came eventually. Love them to bits!
dogoftears
honestly the first PEQ is so perfect. i don't need VC any thing. i just want a host of them to sculpt every sound in a mix. they are absolutely *excellent* EQ's that stood up really well to all my friends mastering gear when i brought it over. i could pretty much replace most of my software EQ needs with it, it's that sweet-yet-surgical.

the only thing that would take it over the edge for me would be a sharper high pass filter... 2 or 4 pole instead of 1 (its 1pole hpf right?), and Q control on both the HPF and LPF. but not a dealbreaker at all.
tIB
richard wrote:
Stereo would be the thing for my purposes

what I really like is the DJ style "kill" EQs in my mackie d420 mixer, which you can use to silence the band completely or to solo one band. It is not so much the sound, which is quite "mackie", but the function I appreciate which makes it possible to work in quite a radical way

http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.html?u=/products/u420/photos/U.42 0_TOP.jpg

with those and the EQ in the PT delay (which seems similar in a way - less radical but sounds better) I am finding new ways of working so I'm definitely interested in where you are going with this idea Tom

That's quite interesting, though I guess mute switches on each band would be another approach worth considering.

To echo what the dogoftears said I've been using mine on the master to buss to very good effect- they are brilliant. I honestly think tom could do some fancy revision to these and charge a shit ton more- balanced I/O, stereo with stepped attenuation and you have a killer mastering EQ.
otoskope
I've looking for a second one, for mastering duties, but if there'll be a CV:ed stereo version, I need look no further! No pressure, Tom... twisted ´

/Palle
BugBrand
Very-slight-changes-from-original-design PEQ will hopefully be starting to roll shortly..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5