MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCLFO - All working apart from sine output
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author VCLFO - All working apart from sine output
mumblinstevedubya
Greetings all!

Just got the VCLFO up and running with everything working apart from the Sine output.

Have check all connections and nothing obvious. hmmm.....

Any help appreciated please

Thanks

Steve
Synthbuilder
Have you got a 'scope?

If so check pin 7 of U2. That should also be the sinewave output. If it is then the output is either broken somewhere or shorted.

What's the voltage, with respect to ground, at pin 2 and 13 of the THAT340? It should be zero on both. If not check the resistor values of R45 and R51.

Tony
mumblinstevedubya
Thanks for the reply Tony.

I will check this out when I get home.

I have a scope but no probes at the moment very frustrating
Is there another measurement I can take on U2?

Thanks

Steve
Synthbuilder
mumblinstevedubya wrote:
Is there another measurement I can take on U2?

Not really because it should be an AC signal there. You could just check that the output of U2 is not at one of the rails, ie. approx 13V or -13V. That would indicate a problem with either the op-amp, the THAT340 or the resistor values around the THAT340. Or a solder short somewhere around there.

It's always a worth a quick measure of resistance from the output socket's signal lug to its earth lug. Do this with the power off. If it's a short, ie. less than 10R, that will be your problem.

Tony
mumblinstevedubya
Problem solved.

2 x 20k resistors had unsoldered themselves from the board and jumped back into my parts draw.

Or maybe I just neglected to put them in..............

oops

Thanks for help

Steve
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1