MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Video demos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Video demos
samn
Hey video heads. I thought we might have a dedicated "demo" page with video tutorials and questions. I know there are a couple floating around so I figured why not just have a database for Q&A. It might make the process easier for video response.
Mods (or anyone) let me know if this isn't the greatest of ideas.
So to kick it off here is an "intermediate" patch demo video for a recommended basic LZX system.

I also included a patch picture to follow along with audio frequency decoder omitted as its not in the patch tool.

I know one other user is working on some demos to be posted, I'll chat with them about adding to this page.
laserpalace
Very cool! Gives me a lot of ideas of how to expand. Thanks. SlayerBadger!
lizlarsen
Fantastic work Sam!!
Sam does an excellent job at describing a "workflow patch" being set up first and used as a basic foundation before any pattern and shape elements are created. This is a really important technique that I haven't paid enough attention to yet in my own demos, and it's one of the core intentions behind how the processing modules are meant to be used in the LZX system. I'll try to come up with some more patch examples for "workflow patches" soon.
spaceship
Sam, you rule!
barto
awesome! the sticky like this in the euro forum has been a huge help
Arturo00
Very great work.
daverj
Made it a sticky
Matos
Great video brother. I learned a lot, and so did my sleepy wife.
spaceship
Ramps->TVP opened up new worlds for me.
samn
I'm really really happy you guys like it!
simulcast
We like spooky! Screaming Hand

Sam you rule, this stayed interesting the whole time and opened up a bunch of new ideas It's motherfucking bacon yo

Thanks.
jjr
Ok I made this creepy demo today. LZX Internal Feedback Demo.

samn
Thats some beautiful feedback jjr!
Arturo00
JJR, I love how you so casually throw in "wiggle" whenever you're not sure of something. I found that both educational and entertaining Guinness ftw!
cdenny
RAD!!
I wanna see one of you guys hooking up some prosumer video generators/tbcs to these LZX products... could be interesting.
Also- can anyone post a video tutorial of bending non LZX video equipment?
razz
Arturo00
cdenny wrote:
RAD!!
I wanna see one of you guys hooking up some prosumer video generators/tbcs to these LZX products... could be interesting.
Also- can anyone post a video tutorial of bending non LZX video equipment?
razz

Look for videos by Tachyons+ in the video doodles section. I think he uses a lot of DIY/bent equipment.
thumbs up
samn
Derailing::::Whoa I never even noticed you could make colored text
barto
tachyons is the man when it comes to circuit bending video glitch machines but heres a vid i took a while ago when i made one.
tachyons+
that video was a big influence when eye started. thumbs up Guinness ftw! SlayerBadger!
raulsworldofsynths
Not sure if this video falls under this sticky or the Adapting sticky. But here it is.
I just got a Pressure Points today from fellow wiggler barto. I was so amazed at the results I had to make a little video for those unfamiliar with how this works. So its a little basic for those of you gigging with it already. It was fun to make though. The patterns may look familiar as I have been tinkering with this similar patch for a good week now.

LZX and Make Noise Pressure Points

thumbs up
kurtbach
i really like that fluid movement
samn
Hey everyone!
Not sure if this has been a topic already discussed but....here is a video on how to create 3D effects with differentiator and function generator!
Enjoy smile

edit: sorry for iphone resolution lol
raulsworldofsynths
Nice one!
I knew there was a reason why I needed those modules.
thumbs up
flozki
yeah yeah yeah....
michi&max from the synkie team did it.
the super super video delay.

check it out:

http://vimeo.com/78474050
and some demo footage
http://vimeo.com/78477595

have fun.
Cobramatic
Hey Sam et al, Loving your video's.
I'm thinking of getting into the video synthesis area to complement my music and the LZX modules look very cool. But checking out their site and the only two distributers things don't look active and stock is out on most modules.
So anyone know if they are still making these cool modules?? I dont want to pick up the 2 or 3 basic ones just to find later I cant add to the system over time.
nickciontea
Cobramatic wrote:

So anyone know if they are still making these cool modules?? I dont want to pick up the 2 or 3 basic ones just to find later I cant add to the system over time.

Modules are very much still in production. Constantly in fact. Many new things on the way as well.

LZX is working on restock now. I also make video modules within LZX format under the name 'brownshoesonly'. w00t
Cobramatic
Quote:
Modules are very much still in production. Constantly in fact. Many new things on the way as well.

LZX is working on restock now. I also make video modules within LZX format under the name 'brownshoesonly'. w00t
[/quote]

Brilliant News - Thx.
OK so Both LZX and brownshoeonly modules now officially on my post christmas shopping list w00t
ollebergkvist
THANKS!
Jerry
I am trying to program my own synth that I can control using micro controllers. This is all I've got for now. No controllers programmed yet. I'm generating coincidental planes/cubes/whatever. Feedback?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=595845850485112&notif_t=like
supersounddesign
oops.. wrong thread
bentoncbainbridge
flozki wrote:
yeah yeah yeah....

has this module been released? WTB!
bentoncbainbridge
bentoncbainbridge wrote:
flozki wrote:
yeah yeah yeah....

has this module been released? WTB!

Have _any_ of the Synkie modules been produced? Or, are they all DYI? On a quick glance at the repository, there were no schematics for the video delay board...

If anyone knows anything, including how to reach Synkie, please do tell!
smrl
Synkie stuff is all DIY as far as I can tell. The video delay schematics are on the site, but Google truncates the results of their SVN browser. Which seems kind of bizarre, but that's how it is. If you check out the repository with SVN you can see the schematics (eagle format)

The Synkie delay uses its system +/-5v rails, so it's not something that would translate directly to eurorack. I've been looking at this design a bit myself, though - and may spin up a few modified boards.
pylône
Hello, here is a mutable instruments vidéo.

thanks for watching and ready to answer all your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY0nZLva2u8&feature=youtu.be
ikkini
Pylône, you are in the video synthesis section !
bentoncbainbridge
smrl wrote:
Synkie stuff is all DIY as far as I can tell. The video delay schematics are on the site, but Google truncates the results of their SVN browser. Which seems kind of bizarre, but that's how it is. If you check out the repository with SVN you can see the schematics (eagle format)

Thanks! I figured out that I need http://versionsapp.com/ to 'checkout' the schematic but haven't gotten into the Eagle repository yet. Guess I'll email the owners and report back
beardculture
cool!
samn

Here is the patch from the video work thread. I figured I wouldn't clog that thread up with pics.
Pretty versatile shape that can lead to other cool things like multiple ribbons or you can feed other "ramps generated shapes" into the patch.
superphamicom
awesome, thanks for posting the patch. I'm still at the very beginnings of getting my gear together (just got a visual cortex) so will try to figure ways around my hardware limitations until I finally put a decent rig together. Great stuff, Sam!
nickciontea
you can likely get around some limitations by utilizing the pulse-width out of a VWG.

The pulse width out is just the triangle wave run through a keyer. so you might be able to skip the TFKG
superphamicom
thank you for the tips, nick! The VWG is actually going to be my first module purchase this weekend, looks like almost everything else is sold out.
samn
Not sure if this is helpful but I was asked about how to make diagonal wipes without the ramps and this is my bootleg fix

cskonopka
samn wrote:
Not sure if this is helpful but I was asked about how to make diagonal wipes without the ramps and this is my bootleg fix

Awesome!!!!! Thanks samn!! nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners Dead Banana Dead Banana
samn
On the same idea I think you can mix the V ramps and H ramps from cortex into a TVP to make a diagonal I haven't tried it but I think it would work mad
bentoncbainbridge
Wavefolders video test:
Cat-A-Tonic
That's a cool comparison clip of the wavefolder effects.

I have tried the STG (Jurgen Haible) Wavefolder on video.
It's interesting in a filtery sort of way, but with more ripples.

I have also used Ian Fritz 5-Pulser.
This is like kinda like keying, but a unique effect.
bentoncbainbridge
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:

I have tried the STG (Jurgen Haible) Wavefolder on video.
It's interesting in a filtery sort of way, but with more ripples.

I have also used Ian Fritz 5-Pulser.
This is like kinda like keying, but a unique effect.

Post a video? Would love to see the results
wednesdayayay
I'll try to get a shnth video of this up as well
two opcodes do this kind of thing well
[return] and [reflect]
eth
Did some stage projection for my friends in The Oceanographers for a live TV broadcast today! Fed 3 flexible mini cams and 1 feedback loop into a 4-channel security switcher, and colorized with the Visual Cortex. Got lots of weird looks setting everything up lol.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/ciliving/the-oceanographers-jam-on-the -city-center-stage

Dirty_Bill
eth wrote:
Did some stage projection for my friends in The Oceanographers for a live TV broadcast today! Fed 3 flexible mini cams and 1 feedback loop into a 4-channel security switcher, and colorized with the Visual Cortex. Got lots of weird looks setting everything up lol.

Cool! Next time ask the production crew to take a feed from you and cut/mix your video in directly so we can see more!
eth
Dirty_Bill wrote:
eth wrote:

Cool! Next time ask the production crew to take a feed from you and cut/mix your video in directly so we can see more!

Great idea. Definitely going to ask next time! thumbs up
gotfunk
awesome
Ddorward
Enlarge this and you might see the face of yours truly.......
mark_etc
beautiful SlayerBadger!
samn
Its possible to sample waveforms to use with the LZX Cyclops using the 1010music BitBox as shown in the video. The video isn't much of a lesson but the BitBox is soooo dead simple to use because it's touch screen. Check it out!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQnxg46gF7T/?taken-by=samnewell1
samn

Demo of a complex patch using the shapechanger!
txotxi
spectacular
Jasper
ace!!!
kangcut
great vids!
lzxindustries
Lots of new demos up on our YouTube page since the last post. Here is the most recent.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 3