MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Compact PSU is here
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author The Compact PSU is here
Synthbuilder
It's peanut butter jelly time!

More information and piccies here:

http://www.oakleysound.com/psu-c.htm

Boards have arrived with me and will be going to Paul for early next week.

The User Guide, schematics and stuff will be available by the 17th September.
Synthbuilder
Just to let people know all the documentation is now finished and online.

I'm also keen to hear about what AC power packs people are using for their compact PSU module. Especially those builders who are outside the UK.

thumbs up

Tony
the bad producer
This looks very cool, does Krisp have these in stock? If so I'll be ordering one tomorrow...

I suppose I could ask him!

thumbs up
Synthbuilder
the bad producer wrote:
does Krisp have these in stock?

Yes. I sent a bunch to him last week.
the bad producer
Nice logo too!

8_)
krisp14u
yes still got some left hihi

But this is selling well and I have found a home for 2 myself

I can see a need for a MK2 with Euro connectors on Mr. Green

but I'm not sure if there is much demand for Euro DIY
a100user
Euro connector on the MK2 - yes as Tony has confirmed they can run at 12V SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

Euro DIY! Paul there's tons of it out there (although mostly 15V stuff I admit)

Even so there's Ken's designs which mostly run on 12V as well as 15V, the Elby designs stuff.

The world is sunny
Synthbuilder
a100user wrote:
Euro connector on the MK2 - yes as Tony has confirmed they can run at 12V SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

Not so much as a mk2 but a 12V Euro version as well as a 12V MTA version.

Two different PCBs, one for euro and one for MOTM/Oakley.

If there's a demand for such a thing I'm sure we can produce it.

Tony
tIB
did a euro psu materialise in the end or wasnt there enough interest?
Kent
I still don't understand the preconception that Euro is not a world for the DIY kinda guy. I roll my own.

Anyhow, Frac is dying. Euro DIY is only growing. Fonik and others are testament to that. This post is meant only to voice an opinion for any who may read this thread. It isn't specific to Krisp1 or Synthbuilder in any way.
Synthbuilder
tIB wrote:
did a euro psu materialise in the end or wasnt there enough interest?

No one has contacted me directly regarding such a thing. But doesn't somebody else do a specific Euro one anyway? CGS? If not, I'm happy to design it. It shouldn't take too long to do and won't impact too much on all the other stuff I'm working on at the moment.

Just let me know via this thread.
Synthbuilder
Kent wrote:
I still don't understand the preconception that Euro is not a world for the DIY kinda guy. I roll my own.

No preconception here. I'm a DIY sort of guy.

But Paul makes more money from the ready mades so most of the new Euro stuff is designed for quick manufacture. Even so, what benefits Paul should benefit the home-builder too.

Now if we could find some of making panels cheaper...

Tony
tIB
i think cgs do one, though if be more likely to go through oakley as they are UK based; ie no import taxes in europe.

i must admit i'm diy in theory at this point, my soldering skills are poor at this stage, however i will learn and would take a psu in either kit or pre built form through paul. its on you really: a decent diy/pre built euro psu in the EU would be a very add imo (as would euro distro boards).

maybe we should start a thread over at the euro section to see if folk are interested; i dont want to waste your time...
krisp14u
Kent wrote:

I love DIY

I Love the fact that I sell the boards to the DIY guy's I know I buy enough and build them in to many different formats for my self

I am making the statement on sales of bare PCB's that will make it in to Euro modules

I know of one builder who builds every thing as Euro
He is to my knowledge the only person who has built the 2 small format PCB's (RM and VCA) as euro modules

From its release I have sold very few of the Classic VCA PCB,s (maybe I'm making the finished modules too cheep) d'oh!

The Problem for me is I have to sit on £££ of stock and this isn't a hobby for me Its my livelihood
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1