MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TEIA/ADDAC - Stochastic Function Generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author TEIA/ADDAC - Stochastic Function Generator
lightworks
Status Update:

The new SFG is avaliable at ADDAC Systems.
Discussion about the new addac module starts on page 6.
You can check it out here:
http://media.addacsystem.com/ADDAC506/

old module:

More info about the modules (Specs and prices etc..) can be found on our new website: http://www.teiasynthesizers.com/

The expansion panel is still in prototype stage.

Here is a demo video:

Features overview:
-Random Rise and Fall determined by Maximum and Minimum knobs.
-Maximum knob value below the Minimum knob value module works as regular envelope generator.
-Switchable between Gate and Trigger.
-Loop mode(LFO mode).
-Gate Out proportional to the length of the Rise portion of the envelope.
- Inverter and attenuater control knob.
-Extra Bipolar output.
- Three speed modes, High , Mid and Low. Jumpers on the back to change speed modes from Low to Super Low mode and High to Super High

Expansion Features:
Cv control over All Maximum and Minimum settings.
Gate input to activate/ deactivate loop mode.
CV output with the resulting random voltage value from the Rise and Fall knob settings.

All the best,
Ruben
exper
Stochastic. One of my favorite words. This is interesting. Love to see some demos of it. Kudos for he built in attenuverting. That's very nice not to have to waste an external one.
reppiks
looks great!
Michael O.
Looks great, I tend to patch something like this up often, so this'll be a really useful module.

As far as the auxillary out, bipolar would be great, because that potentially frees up an inverter and an offset
robertcrouch
This looks really awesome. Please PM me when you have an idea of the price, and if you are going to do a small run.

applause
Matos
Nicely balanced design. Looks like an interesting generator. I'll be watching this space.
pr0t0
Im really into it. Just finished reading Xenakis' Formalized Music...
Curious to hear it.
Congrats
shady smiles
Looks great. +1 on bipolar out.

Keep us posted! smile
vav
Pretty neat!
microfauna
Maybe bring the random values out as voltages on the panel? It would open up a lot of possibilities as a dual random cv source.
warnton
+1 for random out!!
dj_bluefalcon
Going for that choppy phase vocoder sound? I'm completely ok with that.
Mercutio
Looks great and useful....

We have choice now for AD ...

what about curves log/lin/exp ... ?
ether^ra
Looks FANTASTIC! Yo quiero!
John
http://etherra.blogspot.com
lightworks
thank you all for all he kind words thumbs up
I'm glad you liked the idea!

pr0t0 wrote:
Just finished reading Xenakis' Formalized Music...
Congrats

Actually, the idea for this module came when i was reading the same book!
I'm not using any specific Xenakis' crazy formula, but his work inspired me on this one.

microfauna wrote:
Maybe bring the random values out as voltages on the panel?

it already does some wild random voltages, more abou this later.

Mercutio wrote:
what about curves log/lin/exp ... ?

that is something i've been putting my head around, the pcb is already big as you can see on the picture below and i also feel like this module should not be bigger than 8hp. we'll see where that goes thumbs up

About the module's depth, it fits ADDAC's skif, i'm no sure about other manufactures, i'll investigate.

And looks like bi-polar is the way to go!

Again, thank you all for your attention
Ruben
Paranormal Patroler
exper wrote:
Stochastic. One of my favorite words. This is interesting. Love to see some demos of it. Kudos for he built in attenuverting. That's very nice not to have to waste an external one.

(once again) exper is quoted for truth. Stochastic is something I'm always interested in, although I did get excited for more when I first read the title. Still, looks interesting. I'm curious to watch a video or two first but it's quite possible that I'll include myself in the 10 lucky persons if this is realized.

Oh and I would like to see a switch on the front panel to chose between Slow and Fast envelopes. That would be useful, although I'm sure you've already thought of that.
mystico
Nice work Ruben. I like the look of this a lot. Please PM me if you are doing a run. This is fun!
microfauna
lightworks wrote:

microfauna wrote:

it already does some wild random voltages, more abou this later.

Like the ADDAC501 Complex Random? This is what I was thinking.
Is it connected in some way to the ADDAC501?
mildheadwound
It's really a brilliantly useful concept for dealing with overly repetitive pattern sby giving them what they need; a little or lot of variety.

In loop mode, does the internal trigger stay aligned to the ever changing lengths of the envelope?

That big button on the front is total win.
Entrainer
microfauna wrote:

+2

I like the idea and patch similar things up externally... BUT I like to
to mult the random source to another timbre shift to marry with the
envelopes.

I enjoy patching symbiotic systems.
richard
I have no space for such a thing so I'm a not a potential customer, but I really like this idea. Of course if I had one I am sure I want two.
Paranormal Patroler
richard wrote:
I have no space for such a thing so I'm a not a potential customer, but I really like this idea. Of course if I had one I am sure I want two.

I just made space hihi
shady smiles
Entrainer wrote:
microfauna wrote:

+2

+3!
yghartsyrt
Looks interesting.
Not sure if I could make room for that in my cases, but I really like the idea.

Plus 1 on the random out.

CV control over the min/max would be cool

But on the other hand customers make the worst feature set lists, so …
Ras Thavas
lightworks wrote:
... i also feel like this module should not be bigger than 8hp. we'll see where that goes. Ruben

CV control would be a big plus, and if you went a little wider to add that you could possibly bring out the jumpers for ultra slow & fast as well.

I know I'd rather have CV in (of some sort), rather than the attenuverter and manual gate, handy as they might be.

Nevertheless this is a great idea and an very interesting looking module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7