MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Grayscale alt panels: matte black Make Noise, uOC + uTemps
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92  Next [all]
Author Grayscale alt panels: matte black Make Noise, uOC + uTemps
sempervirent
Check http://grayscale.info/panels/ to see what's available.

December 21, 2017: matte black Make Noise panels will be in stock shortly.

Aluminum versions available primarily through Analogue Haven:
www.analoguehaven.com/grayscale/alternatepanels/

qu.one
nice work.
mrcharles
Damn, those look fine...

I like the white look... very clean... but I'm assuming they would be the standard brushed aluminum, right?

I like the mouse-over on your site, great to see with and without knobs/nuts.
exper
Fantastic design. Site and panels!

C'mon guys. Anyone that bought a v-gates please go for one of these alternate panels! I don't want 1 black module left in my system!
jnlkrt
when we are done with the VCAM, i will happily do the same with the RES-4.. smile
sempervirent
mrcharles wrote:
I like the white look... very clean... but I'm assuming they would be the standard brushed aluminum, right?

Not really brushed aluminum, it's a very smooth material without much grain. Check your SynthTech, Make Noise, Harvestman, or Intellijel panels for reference. Same material, same printing method.
madcap
Your wogglebug is great. I don't own one yet, but considering buying a panel for the inevitable purchase.

Can't wit for my new peg look.
Hanz
You may want to consider making alternate Asys faceplates.
Cheap printing on the originals has often rubbed off, making them look tatty.
Also if this resolves the non-standard mounting hole spacing this would earn you a few fans.
hanerlend
you can be sure there will be people missing out on this, and regretting later.

maybe you should sell with a profit, so that you can stock a few panels for latecomers?
reppiks
nice!
chinard
wait, you doing cwejman panels too?
what are you doing with them?
sixtyten
This is bad ass. I will be preordering a couple of these next week.
sempervirent
Hanz wrote:

I think that's too much of a project. Huge lineup of modules. I'd ask ASys about replacements instead...

hanerlend wrote:
you can be sure there will be people missing out on this, and regretting later. maybe you should sell with a profit, so that you can stock a few panels for latecomers?

I will definitely order extras, depending on the module, but once they're sold out it would take another preorder to make them available again.

chinard wrote:
wait, you doing cwejman panels too? what are you doing with them?

For now I want to offer plain aluminum panels for the newer white modules. However, I'm also thinking about offering green panels so the new modules will match the old ones. That would require a different fabrication and printing process but I've been thinking about doing that for a while. I won't offer aluminum panels for any existing green modules. Like ASys, that's too much of an undertaking. But there are a few modules that have both green and white panels (argh). Anyway, all my Cwejman modules are green so I will need to get reference panels to move forward with any of those. But MMF-2, MMF-6, BLD, CTG-VC, RG-6, and VCO-2RM are all possibilities.
stellvia
Is this US only or can us Internationalers join the party It's peanut butter jelly time!
sempervirent
stellvia wrote:
Is this US only or can us Internationalers join the party It's peanut butter jelly time!

Join the party, international shipping will get calculated when you check out.
Kirk Degiorgio
ok - here's a real dumb question... i've never replaced a panel before. is it a simple case of unscrewing then rescrewing the nuts? is there a special tool for that?
sempervirent
Kirk Degiorgio wrote:
ok - here's a real dumb question... i've never replaced a panel before. is it a simple case of unscrewing then rescrewing the nuts? is there a special tool for that?

Removing nuts around jacks and switches, and removing knobs, is pretty much all that's needed to replace a panel. You can remove the nuts with common hardware, for example hex nuts can be removed with a 5/16" nut driver (8mm for the metrically inclined). Removing knobs is not very difficult although some can be harder to take off than others. See this video on swapping Make Noise knobs for reference.
Wracked with Guilt
sempervirent wrote:
stellvia wrote:

Join the party, international shipping will get calculated when you check out.

Excelllent news.
In which case in the interest of furthering trans-Atlantic trade, I am happy to announce I have ordered the most excellent Ardcore panel. I really hope this makes it into production....
cephalopod
Huge difference on the wogglebug. Much more intuitive.
mckenic
Me too!

I ordered one as I like it more than the black one being offered by Snazzy... Perhaps we should point him to this thread, there could be some collab!
stk
Some great designs there.

I assume that you will be tweaking them so the module titles line up, and are the same size?
MSCMpls
Gorgeous designs! we're not worthy
meatbeatz
sempervirent wrote:
Hanz wrote:

I think that's too much of a project. Huge lineup of modules. I'd ask ASys about replacements instead...

A while back where someone had asked for an alt RS60 front panel where 2 RS60's were combined into one panel reducing HP and addressing the AS hole placement issue. Something like like this could convince me to hold on to mine. There's no other EG that can replace the function of the RS60 in a similar price range. Anyone else got an RS60 that needs some love?
sempervirent
stk wrote:
I assume that you will be tweaking them so the module titles line up, and are the same size?

I might make some minor tweaks, but I'm trying to do what looks best for each module. It would be great to have that kind of consistent placement, but with so much variation in width, component placement, length of titles and company names, etc I wanted to approach each module individually.
meatbeatz
... Also any chance of a RES-4 panel while your at it?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92  Next [all]
Page 1 of 92